Pages:
Author

Topic: Sell all to USDT when everything goes down ? - page 3. (Read 650 times)

Activity: 294
Merit: 10
W12 – Blockchain protocol
Is exchanging all your assets to USDT when everything goes down a valid move ?

Well for me, this is not a right thing to do with your coins. When the cryptos level will drop down, then you should wait and hold still your coins. Because the right chance will happen soon.
Activity: 728
Merit: 106

It's a good move when you exchanging all your assets to USDT when everything goes down and you can buy all your assets back when the price start going up. Well if you are already to late, you can choose to hold all your assets and wait until all altcoins price back to normal.
Activity: 924
Merit: 148
I am pretty surprised but if you take a look at the coinmarketcap data then the 24h volume for  the last time did not changed that mutch. Tether is not a trustworthy coin but it survived a hack attack and devs claim that they still have some million usd in reserves. It doesn't make this coin 100% safe  but it seems fine to play with it (especialy when you are trying to avoid the long process of approving KYC) untill the volume is approximately at the same level and people are not rushing to sell their USDT.
Activity: 64
Merit: 0
everyone is in USDT almost, that's why yesterday it was $ 1.03
Activity: 532
Merit: 280
If you have plan to sell all your coin just do it and dont wait for the lowest dunp of the value of all coin in crypto world,
Also make sure you dont regret fter you did your decision.
Yes right now all valye of coins are goes down but i think it will recover fast in few days.
That is why i recommend to hold and buy if you have extra money to make bigger chances to earn huge profit in the future.
Activity: 392
Merit: 41
This text is irrelevant
Yeah It's always a good Idea to give up your real coins in exchange for fake, completely irredeemable tokens that can't ever be legally exchanged to fiat currencies. And do it with the discount.

Smart move.

If you have solid coins in your portfolio (BTC, ETH, Monero ...) then HODL. And be prepared to HODL for next few month at least.
Activity: 840
Merit: 508
Make winning bets on sports with Sportsbet.io!
This would have been a good idea yesterday, however the market has probably reached close to the bottom of the crash, so it is unlikely to benefit you.

In future, if a crypto is collapsing trading against USDT to minimize losses is a logical move, you would then rebuy back in as the market is going back up (but still under what you sold at) otherwise you'll be losing money regardless.
Activity: 252

When the value for bitcoin comes down, I will sell out so will risk less
Activity: 1302
Merit: 540
It's good to do that BEFORE everything goes down or when you see early sings... I've sold after the first crash at -20% and later regreted it when all coins I had went 3x to 10x...

In times like these, it's good to have tether to buy more.
oh great choice, usually in this situation, all coins on the market will drop, but not with Tether(USDT) because USDT is always stable all the time, this is the better way to safe money without affraid the drop of the market but still be able to buy coins with cheap price.
Perfectly said, it's better to exchange your asset into usdt while waiting for the price re-bounces a lots of time when market where crashing then
wait for some more drop to be able to buy with the cheaper value, we just needed to be more familiarize before doing this in order to take advantage
since crypto is so volatile and the price movements can kill us every minutes.
Activity: 224
I did not do that. I just sit and wait for the rise of the rate of the cryptocurrency. The fall can not be eternal, I hope that in early February the situation will change.
Activity: 280
Merit: 11
It's good to do that BEFORE everything goes down or when you see early sings... I've sold after the first crash at -20% and later regreted it when all coins I had went 3x to 10x...

In times like these, it's good to have tether to buy more.
oh great choice, usually in this situation, all coins on the market will drop, but not with Tether(USDT) because USDT is always stable all the time, this is the better way to safe money without affraid the drop of the market but still be able to buy coins with cheap price.
Activity: 84
I understand.Thank you all for your replies.
The advantage of converting to USDT over US$ is that it can be done on most exchanges and I suppose the fees would be less than if you convert to $.
Activity: 94
Affected by policy in all sorts of digital currency fall, perhaps to dollars is the right choice, but I believe that soon the market will continue to recover, because people have implemented policy, may choose the best time to buy and hold BTC!
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163
Where is my ring of blades...

changing to fiat when things are going down is a valid move as long as you know that you are selling at a price which is still high not the bottom of the drop. otherwise selling at the bottom means you lose a lot of money because of a bad decision.

changing to USDT which is a centralized and shady altcoin is not exactly the best decision in my opinion. it can be a good move at times if only you keep it for a very short amount of time but I have 0 trust in USDT and the company that issues it. and I suggest everyone to treat it with extra care.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Yes its valid move to convert to usd because we will protect our asset if we do it.
If you can do it fast and the price going down further deep then you are right but if its back up again then you are false.
Activity: 308
Merit: 100
Before it was hacked i used to covert my investment in cryptocurrency to usd tether whenever the price of all coins goes down or crashes but i dont use it anymore for securing my gains since there is an history of hacking and we dont know if that is going to happen again. so better sell if you want to cut your losses or just hold it if you believe it will recover soon.
Activity: 106
Personally, I don't believe USDT. I only sell to usdt when I need quick cash out. Otherwise, I will just stay with btc and/or eth. And yep, I am not a risk-taker type or trader, so I better hold btc/eth. I know about sell to usdt to wait for dips to buy in again. But who knows what will happen :|
Activity: 350
Merit: 16
The question is in the risk! You can sell and purchase lower, or it may not work out! Buyers are more unsure of what prices will continue to grow, and more people are starting to sell tokens, fixing their profits. When the momentum of sellers of forces of sufficient strength, the situation begins to go avalanche. And do not listen to advisers, always think with your head!
copper member
Activity: 798
Merit: 3
Yes, this is really a unique idea when all cryptos are going down and down. Sell all to convert USDT because it is backed by the US Dollar. This way you will get rid of more loss due to downside loss of coin.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1023
Its a good strategy if you do it in the beginning of the crash and the worst you can do if you do it too late Smiley

Not of the normal investors will end up either doing it last or towards the end because they can't predict prices accurately than experts do. But even for experts, it is not possible to do every time to time the market so my advice is don't sell in a panic if you think that what your holding is good for long-term. Instead of selling if you have additional funds then buy some more when prices go down.
Pages:
Jump to: