Pages:
Author

Topic: [Sell] Avalon batch #2 by escrow, start at 60 BTC, cancel if it arrives too late - page 6. (Read 4007 times)

Activity: 546
Merit: 500
ok, I'll start the bidding and bit 60 BTC.
Activity: 130
Merit: 100
No disrespect, but why blank out the blockchain info, you cant see the addresses - I dont think that proves anything.
https://blockchain.info/en/address/19qFqovtjezvcjf3SFRFq6EkePTuY2uA3x
It took me 2 minutes to figure out the address Cheesy
Activity: 179
Merit: 100
No disrespect, but why blank out the blockchain info, you cant see the addresses - I dont think that proves anything. Also the amount on the order is not the same as the "payment" screen....

Either I smell a fish or I'm missing something
Activity: 40
Merit: 0
I have a preorder for four Avalon batch 2 ASIC bitcoin miners. I wish to sell only one of these units. I might consider selling a second if the asking price is high enough.

Here are specs for the Avalon batch 2: >= 60 GH/s and about 6.6 ~ 6.7 watts per GH/s, i.e. >= 400W.

Here are screenshots of my order and payment. (If you're wondering why one's on a Mac and another on a PC, this is because they were taken at different times: see my earlier thread for the explanation.)

Rules:
1. The currency for the auction will be bitcoins. The first bid will be 60 BTC. Each subsequent bid will be at least 1 BTC greater than the previous bid. The exchange rate between bitcoin and other currencies will be irrelevant, unless something drastic happens to the bitcoin currency such that the value of one BTC drops below US$1, in which case the auction will be deemed null and void.

2. Payment will be by John K. escrow. I will pay the escrow fees. I will be very suspicious of anyone wanting to pay by another method, except possibly for people wanting to collect locally.

3. By placing a bid, you agree to pay John K. (escrow) the winning bid amount within 72 hours (3 days) after the auction ends, but this will be considered to be merely a deposit until I receive the miner from Avalon (see rule 6). You may make your bid subject to seeing more evidence from me that the preorder is mine (e.g. the unpixellated screenshots or confirmation from BtcDirect of localbitcoins.com which is the party who processed the payment to Avalon for me when I ordered) in which case you must state what evidence you wish to see in your post (see rule 7) or PM me about it.

4. You pay shipping. I am based in Bedford, United Kingdom. When I have the unit, I will ship as soon as I humanly can (probably within 24 hours and certainly within 48, not counting Sundays) by your chosen method. I will certainly ship to any address in Europe, any primarily English-speaking country, or Japan, but I reserve the right to refuse to ship to some other countries. Obviously I won't expect you to honour your bid if I refuse to ship to your chosen country. If a totally or partially tracked or insured method of shipping is available to your address for a reasonable fee, you must select this shipping method instead of an uninsured/untracked method. Shipping price will be in British pounds sterling, obviously, and payment method is negotiable. I would prefer PayPal or Nochex but if you want we can agree on a GBP / BTC conversion rate and you can add it to amount you pay John K. Again, I will pay any fees required to receive the payment (e.g. PayPal fees or whatever) up to a maximum of 4% + 50p.

5. The auction ends when I announce (on this thread) that it is ended. I will try to make sure that this is a few days before I receive the unit to allow time to finalise shipping details etc so that I can turn it around the moment it arrives. I will end it sooner if the bidding slows to a trickle and the price has stabilised. But see rule 6 for assurance that the auction will not go on forever.

6. At any time, you can retract your bid for one reason and one reason only: that I have not yet received the unit and you are fed up waiting or you believe Avalon will never deliver. As soon as the auction ends you should deposit your money with John K. When I receive the unit, or become aware that reception is imminent, I will inform John K. of the expected delivery date (the date it is delivered to me, not you). At any time before this, you can say you are fed up waiting and ask John K. to return your money, but then there will be no further opportunity to buy hardware from me in the future. But do not bid expecting to cancel: serious bidders only please. The only reason you can cancel is that Avalon has not yet delivered the ASIC to me. As soon as I receive it, I will despatch it to you (I expect to have your delivery address and John K. to have your funds by this point) and thereafter the sale is final and the unit's safety is the responsibility of you and the carrier. (I will of course cooperate with the carrier regarding their claim procedure should something go wrong.)

7. Bids to be made in this thread, simply by stating your bid amount, which should be at least 1 BTC higher than the previous highest bid. If you wish, you may also state your country of delivery and/or whether you would be interested in buying a second unit, and what price you would pay for the second (which may be lower than what you would pay for the first). Bids may not be made by private message. PMs to be used only for additional information or questions, such as your delivery address or requests for further evidence from me. Your main bid amount must be stated in this thread publicly.

8. Although only the highest bid will be legally binding, I will expect the second highest bidder to remain in contact for two reasons: i) in case the highest bidder proves to be uncontactable or illegally withdraws from the auction and fails to put the winning bid amount on deposit with John K., and ii) if the price is high enough I may offer a second unit for sale. I will contact the second highest bidder either way as soon as I can after the end of the auction so you are not kept waiting unnecessarily.

--------------------------------------------

The highest bid so far is: (no bids yet) (updated approximately daily)
Pages:
Jump to: