Pages:
Author

Topic: Selling 15,000 BTC at $0.20/BTC - page 6. (Read 18151 times)

administrator
Activity: 5222
Merit: 13027
September 29, 2010, 05:37:20 PM
70,000 BTC has been sent to the address that bitcoin2cash posted. I don't have tools to see spends from an address, so I can't say what the current balance is.
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1004
September 29, 2010, 05:26:25 PM
@bitcoin2cash:
Just find a way to use the private key of this address of yours to sign something and post it on your site. This would at least prove you own 50kBTC.

Regards
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1076
September 29, 2010, 04:39:23 PM
bitcoin2cash,
I would like to buy 50,000 bitcoins at $0.04 each, but I can not agree to your terms. I will give you the benefit of the doubt that you may be legit, but I will not give you the benefit of my money.

If satoshi posted he wants to sell 50,000 coins at 0.04/each, I'd probably ship him cash and wait for coins.  (Although, this would open a whole new can of worms  Tongue )

Good luck with your business.

First of all, I wouldn't allow you to send me that much cash in one transaction. I would insist that we trade in smaller denominations. Why aren't you willing to make smaller trades at first and go up from there once we have established a relationship?

If I sent you $1.00 and you sent me 25 coins, would you then believe that I am trustworthy and start sending coins first, before I send cash payment? I don't think your business model will allow this.

In this kind of transaction, the one who makes the "first step" is obviously the one who has the slowest reputation.  bitcoin2cash has a better reputation since is has a website, even trivial.  So if I'm not happy it would be easy for me to just say "bitcoin2cash is a scam".   Now, if I was Satoshi, I would easily convince bitcoin2cash to send bitcoins first.  Because my reputation would be superior to bitcoin2cash's reputation.
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1000
September 29, 2010, 04:35:31 PM
FreeMoney: fair point.
I only shared my concerns to protect others.
All: sorry if I go a bit too emotional
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014
Strength in numbers
September 29, 2010, 04:29:40 PM
This is yet another sign of bad practice. Requesting people to do only smaller transactions creates even less value as the transaction costs (time, mailing, etc.) are way to high.

Stop bothering us with your improper business model.

The cost of a few extra stamps is outweighed by the risk associated with sending large amounts of cash in the mail.

Nobody is forcing you to read my posts. If I'm bothering you then stop reading.

Seriously S3052, if you don't like it or it bores you then do something else.

I'm going to give it a try when I get around to getting a stamp and envelope.
Activity: 504
Merit: 252
Elder Crypto God
September 29, 2010, 03:29:11 PM
This is yet another sign of bad practice. Requesting people to do only smaller transactions creates even less value as the transaction costs (time, mailing, etc.) are way to high.

The cost of a few extra stamps is outweighed by the risk associated with sending large amounts of cash in the mail.

Nobody is forcing you to read my posts. If I'm bothering you then stop reading.
legendary
September 29, 2010, 03:17:07 PM

First of all, I wouldn't allow you to send me that much cash in one transaction. I would insist that we trade in smaller denominations. Why aren't you willing to make smaller trades at first and go up from there once we have established a relationship?
[/quote]

Elder Crypto God
September 29, 2010, 03:15:57 PM
bitcoin2cash,
I would like to buy 50,000 bitcoins at $0.04 each, but I can not agree to your terms. I will give you the benefit of the doubt that you may be legit, but I will not give you the benefit of my money.

If satoshi posted he wants to sell 50,000 coins at 0.04/each, I'd probably ship him cash and wait for coins.  (Although, this would open a whole new can of worms  Tongue )

If I sent you $1.00 and you sent me 25 coins, would you then believe that I am trustworthy and start sending coins first, before I send cash payment? I don't think your business model will allow this.

No but you are welcome to buy $1.00 at a time until you are comfortable with $5.00 at a time and so on.
legendary
Activity: 1136
Merit: 1001
September 29, 2010, 03:01:53 PM
bitcoin2cash,

If satoshi posted he wants to sell 50,000 coins at 0.04/each, I'd probably ship him cash and wait for coins.  (Although, this would open a whole new can of worms  Tongue )

Elder Crypto God
September 29, 2010, 02:12:21 PM
bitcoin2cash,

legendary
Activity: 1136
Merit: 1001
September 29, 2010, 02:10:34 PM
bitcoin2cash,

Elder Crypto God
September 29, 2010, 02:09:49 PM
I guess I also have the ability to time travel since I published that address on this website on July 13th back when I had about 100 BTC and was only buying BTC, and not selling them?

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2452

I noticed that you didn't acknowledge this gaping hole in your argument which leads me to believe that I was right about you, that you're only interested in defaming me. If you were being honorable you would acknowledge how unlikely your scenario is in light of this new information. Why ignore the evidence?
Elder Crypto God
September 29, 2010, 02:01:51 PM
I seriously warn everyone doing business with bitcoin2cash

Your warning isn't based on anything of merit.
legendary
September 29, 2010, 02:00:07 PM
I seriously warn everyone doing business with bitcoin2cash
Elder Crypto God
September 29, 2010, 01:37:55 PM
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.14562 doesn't seem very business-like.

I obviously disagree. I have no problem addressing honest criticism but you seem more interested in defaming me than anything else. Also, these are internet forums so it's rather naive to expect the same kind of atmosphere as your local restaurant. I'm going to point out trollish comments when I see fit. If you don't like it then I suggest you take your business elsewhere.
Activity: 574
Merit: 507
September 29, 2010, 01:29:55 PM
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.14562 doesn't seem very business-like.
Elder Crypto God
September 29, 2010, 01:23:03 PM
bitcoin2cash: "You could have easily parsed the block chain yourself and found an address that has a suitable balance."

I guess I also have the ability to time travel since I published that address on this website on July 13th back when I had about 100 BTC and was only buying BTC, and not selling them?

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2452

Also, google results for the Bitcoin address do link to a Russian site and Russians

One of the links goes to some Russian website where someone was discussing my offer. The rest of the links go to these forums and my URL where I originally posted this address.

Stop trolling.

If you truly are legitimate entity then you will accept both negative and positive feedback and only reply on those that merit a response.  To try to squander or deter negative feedback or review (even as a noncustomer) seems rather implicative of your intentions.  A more friendly perspective would definitely help to establish a positive reputation.

Consider restaurant industry for example.  Waiters and waitresses may have horrendously difficult, obnoxious, greedy, rude, etc customers, however they are still treated nicely as any other customer.

e.g. I may be horrendously difficult, obnoxious, etc, buuut, I may still potentially be a customer that will help yuor business to succeed.  If you are legitimate, you will probably focus on efforts to encourage such business.

You haven't given any legitimate feedback because you're not a customer. Do business with me and then I'll take your feedback seriously. Otherwise, you're just looking to make trouble for me as far as I can tell.
September 29, 2010, 01:13:06 PM
bitcoin2cash: "You could have easily parsed the block chain yourself and found an address that has a suitable balance."

Additionally, your very first post has offered a similar deal and you haven't established much of a reputation as a legitimate business as far as I see.  Also, google results for the Bitcoin address do link to a Russian site and Russians... stereotypically scammalicious, imo.

There are some people that pursue an established sense of trust or naivety and "try" deals like these only to later learn their mistakes.
Additionally, there are some people that pursue an established sense of distrust or awareness and proclaim illegitimacy.

If you truly are legitimate entity then you will accept both negative and positive feedback and only reply on those that merit a response.  To try to squander or deter negative feedback or review (even as a noncustomer) seems rather implicative of your intentions.  A more friendly perspective would definitely help to establish a positive reputation.

Consider restaurant industry for example.  Waiters and waitresses may have horrendously difficult, obnoxious, greedy, rude, etc customers, however they are still treated nicely as any other customer.

e.g. I may be horrendously difficult, obnoxious, etc, buuut, I may still potentially be a customer that will help yuor business to succeed.  If you are legitimate, you will probably focus on efforts to encourage such business.
Elder Crypto God
September 29, 2010, 01:04:05 PM
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2452 - July 12th: Automated system and complete website coming soon. Three months later still no soon?

Please stop derailing the thread.
September 29, 2010, 01:01:08 PM
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2452 - July 12th: Automated system and complete website coming soon. Three months later still no soon?
Pages:
Jump to: