Pages:
Author

Topic: Selling items online for Bitcoin or crypto - page 17. (Read 3196 times)

Activity: 868
Merit: 259
Hey dudes hope you are well. I sell a lot of things on Craigslist. I am now planning on putting a couple things up and saying I accept btc or eth along with the greenback. Wondering if you guys have tried this. I

Really? What items do you sell? I like buying stuff online with BTC and resell them in real life with profit and then buy BTC again.

Can you post your Craigslist links? Ty.
Activity: 51
Merit: 0
Hi. Selling items online for bitcoin or any other crypto is okay. You need to have also means on how to get funds for your bitcoin.
Activity: 350
Merit: 41
 'I agree, I doubt I'll have any takers but I'd really like to see btc used as it should'

I guess, but if I managed to sell anything for Bitcoin currently, I would not then be buying anything with it, I would hold it for the foreseeable future. That is the main issue really, even when purchases are made with Bitcoin, that Bitcoin is generally not used to buy something else. It won't work as a currency until it freely circulates, and I just don't think enough people would spend it. If someone did buy from you using Bitcoin, can you honestly tell me that you would then use that Bitcoin to buy something yourself? I doubt it, and I know for sure I wouldn't.
Activity: 182
Merit: 20
I don't think there will be too many takers out there to purchase smaller priced items with Bitcoin or Ethereum, but if there is an option to widen the number of cryptocurrencies you accept, then it could work. Not sure on Craigslist, but on personal websites, you can set up payment options with a number of different crypto options. Fair play for giving it a go though, maybe your kid's bike could be worth a few thousand in a couple of years if you sell it for Bitcoin now.
I agree, I doubt I'll have any takers but I'd really like to see btc used as it should
Activity: 1134
Merit: 102
It is going to be good if you place a different item for sale, most of the users are kept asking can we purchase products or items by using bitcoin. Yes, you can start but check with your government because while shipping they will identify you.
Activity: 350
Merit: 41
I don't think there will be too many takers out there to purchase smaller priced items with Bitcoin or Ethereum, but if there is an option to widen the number of cryptocurrencies you accept, then it could work. Not sure on Craigslist, but on personal websites, you can set up payment options with a number of different crypto options. Fair play for giving it a go though, maybe your kid's bike could be worth a few thousand in a couple of years if you sell it for Bitcoin now.
Activity: 60
Merit: 0
then this site is a safe place to trade because of face to face transaction, avoid scam. Its really hard to trust to buy online because of its dis-advantages
Activity: 826
Merit: 501
Hey dudes hope you are well. I sell a lot of things on Craigslist. I am now planning on putting a couple things up and saying I accept btc or eth along with the greenback. Wondering if you guys have tried this. I
Its nice to know that you were eager on promoting crypto on your online business,since not all people knows about bitcoin but once people get interested on the things you sell online most probably they will ask you about cryptocurrency like bitcoin and how does this work to be a mode of payment..its like you are promoting your things online and at the same time you are introducing bitcoin and other crytocurrencies as well.Possibilities would be its another way of an introductory overview on cryptocurrencies to everyone whose always in front of their computer,laptops and phones..those internet users that give almost all their time but never profit at all.
Yes, Craig's list does have a crypto option so it's not new, just new for me. I'd like to do btc but due to the transaction time I don't think it would be practical for btc which is a shame. Craig's list sales are usually face to face transactions
Activity: 121
Merit: 4

Thats not a new concept since many are already doing that on facebook. But it is also good that there are people like you who patronize this kind of trade. If there are more people like you do who will accept bitcoin and ethereum then probably we can move closer to the real goal of bitcoin to be a medium of exchange in buying goods and services both online and offline.

Utilising solidity to help provide an escrow system would be perfect for crypto merchant marketplaces, i'm sure one exists already.
Activity: 644
Merit: 264
Aurox

Thats not a new concept since many are already doing that on facebook. But it is also good that there are people like you who patronize this kind of trade. If there are more people like you do who will accept bitcoin and ethereum then probably we can move closer to the real goal of bitcoin to be a medium of exchange in buying goods and services both online and offline.
Activity: 93
Merit: 4
It's a very good idea to buy goods online, and it will make it easier for those who want to buy your goods using good bitcoin, eth or other coins.
Pages:
Jump to: