Pages:
Author

Topic: Selling your bitcoins together with the wallet.dat and privkeys. - page 2. (Read 1122 times)

copper member
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499
No I dont escrow anymore.
I have been pondering about this idea for some time now, and I think this could be done several times, but is it advisable to sell your bitcoins together with the wallet.dat and privkeys? I just thought that if Satoshi's coin hadn't move for a long time, maybe he/she sold it using this method. I'm not entirely sure about the idea, but is possible. Are there any consequences if I did this thing to "sell" my bitcoins?

There are certainly risks involved. You would not be able to prove that you have no additional copy or backup of the prviate keys. Thus should you sell your wallet to me, I would transfer the coins ASAP. There would be no reason to complicate things, you could just directly send them to me.

Another problem I can think of is closely bitcointalk related. If I had your private keys I could sign a message with an address you posted in the past. I might be able to convince theymos that I am you and your account should be mine. There are possibly more thing I could do with control over your wallet.
legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1352
Cashback 15%
I have been pondering about this idea for some time now, and I think this could be done several times, but is it advisable to sell your bitcoins together with the wallet.dat and privkeys? I just thought that if Satoshi's coin hadn't move for a long time, maybe he/she sold it using this method. I'm not entirely sure about the idea, but is possible. Are there any consequences if I did this thing to "sell" my bitcoins?
Pages:
Jump to: