Pages:
Author

Topic: SendChat Messaging App - page 3. (Read 131547 times)

Activity: 476
Merit: 250
May 10, 2015, 07:23:51 PM
Programmers are at a premium. Any good bitcoin/java developer is being picked up quickly. So many bitcoin companies getting funding. So few developers to hire.

B4 I invest I would like to see a list of your development team.

The development part is covered; we have a partnership with a professional team with a lot of experience.

Please tell us who your development partner is.

Which projects have they developed before?

Maybe you can raise funds if you described who your development partners are.
legendary
Activity: 1492
Merit: 1021
May 09, 2015, 09:01:18 PM
Programmers are at a premium. Any good bitcoin/java developer is being picked up quickly. So many bitcoin companies getting funding. So few developers to hire.

The development part is covered; we have a partnership with a professional team with a lot of experience.

Please tell us who your development partner is.

Which projects have they developed before?
Activity: 191
Merit: 100
May 09, 2015, 07:20:30 PM
Price is extremely high.

Plus the person in charge isn't a programmer. He thinks he can "hire" a programmer to build this easily. He's sadly mistaken. You can't just "hire" a programmer and get a world class app built. You need a world class developer or development team. Then you can figure out what to build.

So please tell us who will developing this app?  What previous apps has this development team built?

yes, please more info.

legendary
May 09, 2015, 06:29:33 PM

The development part is covered; we have a partnership with a professional team with a lot of experience. Also have our CTO fernando who is in charge of Sendcoin, which has already been created (mac & windows wallets), additionally reviewed by BlockTrust here: https://blocktrust.org/#/offeringFeature/SendChat
May 09, 2015, 02:17:28 PM

May 09, 2015, 02:12:56 PM
Price is extremely high.

Plus the person in charge isn't a programmer. He thinks he can "hire" a programmer to build this easily. He's sadly mistaken. You can't just "hire" a programmer and get a world class app built. You need a world class developer or development team. Then you can figure out what to build.

So please tell us who will developing this app?  What previous apps has this development team built?
Activity: 415
May 08, 2015, 05:05:02 PM
Oh great, so finally we have the crowdfund. Had been waiting for it since the end of last crowdfund.

neutralltc, cant we have a platform on sendchat app where every currency that's  held on the platform get a certain percent of interest on it after a certain period of time.
This way many people will hold there currencies on the platform and likely more they would trade through the platform which inturn would generate fees.

Just my 2 cents.

2000 sats per send coin is quite high.

In the last crowdfund with the variable percentage scheme the price ended up being around 3000 sats per sendcoin. Taking that and the bonus scheme we now use into account, we think the price is fair.

+1
legendary
May 08, 2015, 04:32:50 PM
Oh great, so finally we have the crowdfund. Had been waiting for it since the end of last crowdfund.

neutralltc, cant we have a platform on sendchat app where every currency that's  held on the platform get a certain percent of interest on it after a certain period of time.
This way many people will hold there currencies on the platform and likely more they would trade through the platform which inturn would generate fees.

Just my 2 cents.

In the last crowdfund with the variable percentage scheme the price ended up being around 3000 sats per sendcoin. Taking that and the bonus scheme we now use into account, we think the price is fair.
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
Fall seven times, stand up eight.
May 08, 2015, 11:52:04 AM

neutralltc, cant we have a platform on sendchat app where every currency that's  held on the platform get a certain percent of interest on it after a certain period of time.

Just my 2 cents.

Activity: 686
Merit: 500
Fall seven times, stand up eight.
May 08, 2015, 02:33:22 AM

Just my 2 cents.
legendary
May 07, 2015, 06:35:06 AM
ABN AMRO’s Blockchain, Realising it’s Full Potential

http://sendchat.org/abn-amros-blockchain-realising-its-full-potential/

legendary
May 07, 2015, 04:37:42 AM

What do you need BTC for? Can't you build this all by yourself in a few weeks?

I invite you to look at the Use of Funds section on the Blocktrust offering page, I go into detail there: https://blocktrust.org/#/offeringFeature/SendChat

I'm not a developer so I cannot build this all by myself in a few weeks.
May 07, 2015, 02:42:43 AM
This is a really bad idea because the chatting is not decentralized. There's a centralized chat server which costs real USD $ to keep operating. This looks like one of the worst investments I've ever seen on bitcointalk.

They're using APIs. A highschool student could build this in their basement over summer break for 20 BTC.

This is really so dumb... what's the plan once funds run out and you can't host a centralized chat server?

I would rather see some sort of chat app that uses the blockchain to store messages for a short time period and then deletes them. This would create a sustainable product. Instead of have some garbage that will flop hard. It's funny... if the app gets popular, it will fail because it needs to expand with more centralized servers.

That's possible with SendChat: It's called secret chat

Secret chats are meant for people who want more secrecy than the average fella. All messages in secret chats use end-to-end encryption. This means only you and the recipient can read those messages — nobody else can decipher them, including us here at SendChat. Messages cannot be forwarded from secret chats. And when you delete messages on your side of the conversation, the app on the other side of the secret chat will be ordered to delete them as well.

You can order your messages, photos, videos and files to self-destruct in a set amount of time after they have been read or opened by the recipient. The message will then disappear from both your and your friend's devices.

All secret chats in SendChat are device-specific and are not part of the SendChat cloud. This means, you can only access messages in a secret chat from their device of origin.

What do you need BTC for? Can't you build this all by yourself in a few weeks?
legendary
May 06, 2015, 06:39:12 PM
This is a really bad idea because the chatting is not decentralized. There's a centralized chat server which costs real USD $ to keep operating. This looks like one of the worst investments I've ever seen on bitcointalk.

They're using APIs. A highschool student could build this in their basement over summer break for 20 BTC.

This is really so dumb... what's the plan once funds run out and you can't host a centralized chat server?

I would rather see some sort of chat app that uses the blockchain to store messages for a short time period and then deletes them. This would create a sustainable product. Instead of have some garbage that will flop hard. It's funny... if the app gets popular, it will fail because it needs to expand with more centralized servers.

That's possible with SendChat: It's called secret chat

Secret chats are meant for people who want more secrecy than the average fella. All messages in secret chats use end-to-end encryption. This means only you and the recipient can read those messages — nobody else can decipher them, including us here at SendChat. Messages cannot be forwarded from secret chats. And when you delete messages on your side of the conversation, the app on the other side of the secret chat will be ordered to delete them as well.

You can order your messages, photos, videos and files to self-destruct in a set amount of time after they have been read or opened by the recipient. The message will then disappear from both your and your friend's devices.

All secret chats in SendChat are device-specific and are not part of the SendChat cloud. This means, you can only access messages in a secret chat from their device of origin.

May 06, 2015, 05:20:08 PM

May 06, 2015, 05:11:44 PM

Activity: 452
May 06, 2015, 12:50:00 PM
In order to be really useable for mass adoption you should be able to sent the amount in
local currencies, the wallet does the calulations for you in background and the real transaction is done in Send.
Will that functionalty be available in the wallet?

Well, if Person A, buys Bitcoin or Send with their local fiat, sends bitcoin/sendcoin to Person B who then sells into their local fiat & withdrawals... that's definitely possible.

What i mean is simply put;
-I need to send you bitcoin/sendcoin for the value of 10 dollar/euro or other fiat, I don't want to have to use a calculator
to find out how much bitcoin/sendcoin I need to sent

-Can I just type 10 dollar/Euro or other fiat and select in which currency in want to sent it ie bitcoin/sendcoin (of which i have enough in my wallet)
  select you as a contact and sent
legendary
May 06, 2015, 10:31:46 AM
In order to be really useable for mass adoption you should be able to sent the amount in
local currencies, the wallet does the calulations for you in background and the real transaction is done in Send.

Well, if Person A, buys Bitcoin or Send with their local fiat, sends bitcoin/sendcoin to Person B who then sells into their local fiat & withdrawals... that's definitely possible.

Activity: 452
May 06, 2015, 09:46:17 AM
Pages:
Jump to: