Pages:
Author

Topic: Sent ETH to Yobit ETC wallet by mistake - page 2. (Read 2321 times)

Activity: 630
Merit: 250
December 20, 2017, 05:17:35 AM
This happen to me today. I accidentally sent ethereum to my cct address. the support does not responding to my ticket.
hope i get what i lost.
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
December 18, 2017, 10:23:34 AM
i made the exact same mistake with bittrex a couple days ago, I have contacted their support and is waiting for a reply. Do u know of any instance where bittrex actually refunded the ethereum, I'm pretty depressed it was about half of my savings. ANY GUIDANCE IS HIGHLY APPRECIATED.
Activity: 164
Merit: 100
November 26, 2017, 06:05:33 PM
I did the same mistake on yobit. ,I tried to send my ETH from poloneix to my yobit ETC adress by mistake.  I asked both yobit admin with the nickname dominikherzog and support desk.
he replied as "Yobit generates a separate Ethereum and Ethereum Classic deposit addresses because of security requirements." without creating a solution. But on etherscan website I check my ETC wallet. On my ETC wallet there are 19 ETH is shown. So the transaction is verified. I can refund ETHs with ETC private key of yobit.
but they refuse to give it. And could not understand why?. I am following my ETHs on  etherscan. If I detect a transfer out of my control , I dont know what to do ? I hope they wont steal my ETHS.

dominikherzog previously help CryptoManiacHen, he does'nt want to help.

At least you got a response but sad they are doing nothing to help you send back your ETH.

I've still had zero response from support and they have now issued new ETH wallet addresses so my TenX PAY tokens aren't even associated with my account anymore.

Activity: 5
November 26, 2017, 04:02:36 PM
I did the same mistake on yobit. ,I tried to send my ETH from poloneix to my yobit ETC adress by mistake.  I asked both yobit admin with the nickname dominikherzog and support desk.
he replied as "Yobit generates a separate Ethereum and Ethereum Classic deposit addresses because of security requirements." without creating a solution. But on etherscan website I check my ETC wallet. On my ETC wallet there are 19 ETH is shown. So the transaction is verified. I can refund ETHs with ETC private key of yobit.
but they refuse to give it. And could not understand why?. I am following my ETHs on  etherscan. If I detect a transfer out of my control , I dont know what to do ? I hope they wont steal my ETHS.

dominikherzog previously help CryptoManiacHen, he does'nt want to help.
November 07, 2017, 04:35:22 AM
Same for me! Its two month zero response!  Angry
October 21, 2017, 09:02:31 PM
Still nothing. Yobit support is non existent.
Activity: 882
Merit: 269
October 12, 2017, 09:31:21 AM
You guys won't believe this.  Yobit gave me an activation code and then a link to enter it which had gave me the full amount of my ETH from their insurance fund.  WTF.  Problem solved. I truly can't believe it.

Wow, glad you have recovered your eth I mean refunded. This is a good publicity for Yobit, for several transaction that I encounter that they are very slow in processing claims. This is great for Yobit,  hope they improve their service.
October 12, 2017, 09:17:06 AM
Any news regarding yobit and tokens transfer ?
Activity: 9
September 04, 2017, 08:02:09 AM
You may consider those coins as gone forever. No chance of recovery, sorry for the losses.

I am cautiously optimistic. I've contacted Yobit support and will wait for their response.

They are an ERC20 token so anyone with the private key for the wallet can send them anywhere.

I'll keep this thread updated on the outcome.

It has been almost a month and I still haven't even had a response to my ticket at Yobit. Sad

Me too Sad
September 01, 2017, 01:27:28 PM
You may consider those coins as gone forever. No chance of recovery, sorry for the losses.

I am cautiously optimistic. I've contacted Yobit support and will wait for their response.

They are an ERC20 token so anyone with the private key for the wallet can send them anywhere.

It has been almost a month and I still haven't even had a response to my ticket at Yobit. Sad

Activity: 9
August 17, 2017, 09:38:09 AM
It was satisfaction read this topic, because i made the same mistake Smiley
i hope the best Smiley
August 09, 2017, 05:10:56 PM

Activity: 477
August 09, 2017, 03:54:04 AM
August 08, 2017, 06:41:11 PM
I've just done something similar. I accidentally sent TenX PAY tokens to my Ethereum wallet address at Yobit.

I'd just sent through some ETH to Yobit and got my tabs mixed up while using MEW to send some PAY tokens to Bittrex.  Shocked

I can see my PAY tokens in my Yobit Ethereum wallet, so I'm hoping they will have some way to send them back to my personal Ethereum wallet.

Just contacted their support, so fingers crossed.
Activity: 1666
Merit: 753
Hi Forum,

A mistake led me to sending ETH to Yobit's ETC wallet address.  Has this happened to anyone before?

Here are a few things that struck me as odd about Yobit.

1. I searched ETH in the wallet search bar, but ETC still showed up.  I realize ETC's full name is Ethereum Classic, but most exchanges will only show Ethereum when you search for ETH

2.  You need one BTC satoshi in your account to participate in the chat box.

3. I reached out to support and it took nearly a week to get a response.  I hadn't realized until after their response that I sent ETH to an ETC wallet.  Instead of offering suggestions to resolve the issue, they sent a response saying I had sent ETH to an ETC wallet and that's why my funds are not showing.  They closed the ticket.

I reached out to Exodus support which is where I sent my ETH from and they said that the exchange has full control of those ETH funds and that it would be possible for them to recover and refund them for me.

I have sent a follow-up to Yobit support.  I don't plan to use their exchange anymore after this experience.  Does anyone have any suggestions or advice for how to deal with them in trying to get back my ETH?  I sent 7 ETH so it's about $700 worth of ETH as I write this.

Oh, and I know I screwed up. I accept responsibility for that. I'm just kinda fascinated actually that they operate the way they do.

Thanks!

Hen

Well you are a lucky bastard because usually what happens with Yobit is that you do something by mistake, you contact their support and they say nothing in return whilst new coins are getting listed every single day(shitcoins usually).

I guess it's because their search mechanism searches a part of the name of the coin, they're not the only ones that do it either - if you search up "ETH" on poloniex you'll get Tether, Ethereum classic and Ethereum.

Just take this as a lesson, don't do it again in future, you might not get a refund.
Activity: 532
You guys won't believe this.  Yobit gave me an activation code and then a link to enter it which had gave me the full amount of my ETH from their insurance fund.  WTF.  Problem solved. I truly can't believe it.

Awesome! I was feeling bad for you until I read you got your money back Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 1085
Money often costs too much.
Glad to hear about this outcome. Those codes are used on several platforms (BTCe on my memory does them, too) but I did not found the place where to redeem them. Been /en/yobicodes/ or similar.

Regarding their reputation..
They are listing each and every coin since it's their main bussiness model offering trade services for a small registration fee from coin developer. Of course that attracts a whole disarray of short lived projects. And a maintenance nightmare on keeping all wallets / blockchains in sync. Not to argue about the more shady coin devs who could publish backdoored wallet software that needs to be kept in a secure distance onto any serious deposit.
I am pricing that in. As a result, mostly spare money trades over there. Cant help it, that has become yobit's fate.
Activity: 123

A really nice move from youbit, gz Smiley
Activity: 58
Activity: 58
Got a very odd response from Yobit....

2017-05-05 16:57:41 dominikherzog
activate code
It's from our insurance fund, code created by admin - 

After the dash they put some code.  Does anyone know what this means?
Pages:
Jump to: