Pages:
Author

Topic: Sent Litecoin to Bitcoin Address, How to recover? - page 3. (Read 757 times)

Activity: 322
Merit: 20
Donating 10% to charity
that will be a deathsentence in the long run for those so called "coins"

It might be, but i don't think that the usage of some of them will decrease 100% unless other things happens besides of it.

Why? Because there is so many different people in the world right now with so many different tastes that finding customers for something is not that hard like it used to be and also they can really easily sustain with the ones the can get.
Activity: 616
Merit: 100
i think it will never recover, and i think that your transaction will be there forever and ever, i dont know how to recover it, because the transaction in blockchain network is irreversible, it means that you can't cancel your transaction
Activity: 1470
Merit: 325
that will be a deathsentence in the long run for those so called "coins"
Activity: 1582
Merit: 352
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
You need to update your crypto atms fast. You need to program it in such way that it can detect and filter out what kind of wallet address the customer is trying to input or at least remind them that the wallet address they have inputted is not intended for that crypto, you need something in the system that will stop/block them for paying for the wrong crypto. Surely this is an avoidable mess and cases similar to this one won't stop in the future not unless you do something to improve your software as its the main problem here.
I think you are right mate. Update is needed for that machine to identify compatible addresses in sending  funds because we already know that cryptocurrency transactions are irreversible. A lot of people are doing this thing everyday most especially newcomers. I even have a friend that has the same issue she accidentally sent  Litecoins intoa Bitcoin address and now hoping to get it back if there  is another way to recover it.
Activity: 1680
Merit: 655
You need to update your crypto atms fast. You need to program it in such way that it can detect and filter out what kind of wallet address the customer is trying to input or at least remind them that the wallet address they have inputted is not intended for that crypto, you need something in the system that will stop/block them for paying for the wrong crypto. Surely this is an avoidable mess and cases similar to this one won't stop in the future not unless you do something to improve your software as its the main problem here.
Activity: 2184
Merit: 470
Telegram: @jperryC
I didn't encounter this yet... sending different coin from a different type of coins wallet but for what i've known (from different exchange site) and from users here in the forum if you send a different coin to a different type of wallet it's either it's lost (just like what it was said on the exchange) or it would have an error. But i've tried to search in to forums and found out this answer (It states that it sends bitcoin to litecoin address but i think it works both ways):

"A Bitcoin or Litecoin address consists of:

• a prefix byte
• a 160-bit hash of a public key
• a 32-bit checksum
• all base-58 encoded.

Bitcoin and Litecoin use different prefix bytes; this is why most Bitcoin addresses start with 1, while most Litecoin addresses start with L.

When you use a Bitcoin client to try to send money to an address, it should perform a number of checks on that address. One of those checks would be the prefix byte. When it notices that the address doesn't have the correct prefix byte for Bitcoin, it should barf, complaining that you have specified an invalid address. It wouldn't try to create a transaction at all."

Retrieved from: https://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/16933/what-happens-if-you-send-bitcoin-to-a-litecoin-address
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1823
OP, I believe the software in your ATM machines are broken. It's supposed to do a check on the prefix byte of either the Bitcoin or Litecoin address it's sending to before sending the coins.

Plus what Lucius said might work, if Bitcoin and Litecoin handle signatures and keys the same way.
legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 5637
Blackjack.fun-Free Raffle-Join&Win $50🎲
I Own a Bitcoin ATM company and a lot of my customers click on litecoin when they really want to buy bitcoin, they scan their Bitcoin wallet and insert cash. The machine just sends Litecoin to bitcoin address and now the money is stuck. Is there a way to recover it? Can we share some video link with them that they can use to get their funds?

First of all you should take some action to reduce the number of such cases, and you can do that with some warnings on your ATMs. I am not sure can you add extra step in buying process like "please check what coin you want to buy / and your receiving address".

For recovering Litecoin from Bitcoin wallets, it depends of wallets where coins are send. User need private key of that bitcoin address, and then that private key can be imported in Litecoin wallet to restore trapped coins.

To how export bitcoin private keys depends on individual wallet, but if user manage to get private key then the easiest way is to use Electrum Litecoin Wallet to import private key/s.
legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1352
Cashback 15%
I Own a Bitcoin ATM company and a lot of my customers click on litecoin when they really want to buy bitcoin, they scan their Bitcoin wallet and insert cash. The machine just sends Litecoin to bitcoin address and now the money is stuck. Is there a way to recover it? Can we share some video link with them that they can use to get their funds?

No they cannot. Best way to prevent this is just place a large disclaimer on your machines that Litecoin and Bitcoin isn't directly compatible with each other, thus sending bitcoins to a litecoin address and vice-versa would be a dumb thing to do since you're basically sending crypto to the void.

Also, owning a bitcoin ATM, you must know that litecoins can't be received in bitcoin addresses, so it's partly your fault.

It is floating in the air forever but there are users had tried to cancel the transaction process and that is by sending a litecoin itself with a small amount and that could possibly cancel the first transaction. However, I still do not know if it really works.

Double-spending only works if the transaction isn't confirmed yet and you can still create a new transaction with higher fees. However in this case, I don't think it will be possible since the transactions may have been confirmed already.

This clearly the cryptocurrency flaws. Can we do something abouy this by having a transaction canceled whe it is sending to a wrong crypto address or address that is not compatible to the sending address.

It'll be on the wallet provider's end to do such thing, not really cryptocurrencies per se, but it would be certainly a great addition for people who don't even bother double-checking what they're doing.
brand new
Activity: 0
Merit: 3
Sending Litecoin, or any coin to a wrong wallet address can be detrimental, it’s always best to double triple check what address you’re sending funds to.

Odds are, you messed up. Don’t worry, if you’re lucky you might be able to recover your precious LTC. Sharing an article that may help you recover your coins:
https://cryptovoid.net/recovering-ltc-sent-to-a-btc-address/
Activity: 1456
Merit: 579
HODLing is an art, not just a word...
the only way you could do that is if you used the very old multi signature versions of addresses that litecoin used which started with 3.
since these are "multi" signature, you have to first get all the private keys that are used to create that address. it can be anything between 1 and 15. then you simply import all those in a litecoin wallet and setting the required keys to the appropriate one depending on how many are required when this address was set up (for example 2 of 3 is a common choice.)

unfortunately i don't know any videos that can help here. it is the user's fault and they should be asking this question not you.
Activity: 686
Merit: 125
It is floating in the air forever but there are users had tried to cancel the transaction process and that is by sending a litecoin itself with a small amount and that could possibly cancel the first transaction. However, I still do not know if it really works.

This clearly the cryptocurrency flaws. Can we do something abouy this by having a transaction canceled whe it is sending to a wrong crypto address or address that is not compatible to the sending address.
Activity: 67
Merit: 4
Pages:
Jump to: