Pages:
Author

Topic: Server PSU-powered GPU rig packages! Pico's, Risers, adapter cables, etc. - page 6. (Read 15924 times)

legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003
I am happy to FINALLY introduce as promised some standalone adapter packages for powering GPU rigs strictly by server PSU’s.  These can be used both with my current server PSU packages found here:

IBM 2880W/2980W PSU’s to power up to 4 full rigs
DPS-4kW dual DPS-2000BB PSU’s to power 2-3 full rigs

Or with any other server PSU with PCIe cables.  Because every GPU rig and every PSU setup is different, packages can be customized on request, these are just some convenient packages that can be combined with my or other server PSU’s.

6-GPU Rig package for RX or similar GPU’s - $90

1x 160W Pico PSU 24pin ATX adapter
1x 30” PCIe to EPS adapter assembly with barrel jack pig-tailed for powering Pico PSU
3x 6-pin PCIe splitter cables
3x 6+2pin PCIe splitters
6x 6-pin PCIe powered risers
4x 24” PCIe cables
2x 32” PCIe cables for furthest risers/GPU’s

So this one PSU could run how many rigs?  1 or 2-4 ?  Very interested

The package you quoted does not include a PSU, it only includes risers, cables, adapters and Pico PSU (24-pin ATX adapter) to run rig.  You would need a PSU on top of that, you can find PSU's linked in my signature and at the top of the post.  The IBM 2880/2980W PSU's can power 2-3 rigs, and the DPS-4KW packages can run up to 4 rigs.
Activity: 191
Merit: 100
I am happy to FINALLY introduce as promised some standalone adapter packages for powering GPU rigs strictly by server PSU’s.  These can be used both with my current server PSU packages found here:

IBM 2880W/2980W PSU’s to power up to 4 full rigs
DPS-4kW dual DPS-2000BB PSU’s to power 2-3 full rigs

Or with any other server PSU with PCIe cables.  Because every GPU rig and every PSU setup is different, packages can be customized on request, these are just some convenient packages that can be combined with my or other server PSU’s.

6-GPU Rig package for RX or similar GPU’s - $90

1x 30” PCIe to EPS adapter assembly with barrel jack pig-tailed for powering Pico PSU
3x 6-pin PCIe splitter cables
3x 6+2pin PCIe splitters
6x 6-pin PCIe powered risers
4x 24” PCIe cables
2x 32” PCIe cables for furthest risers/GPU’s

So this one PSU could run how many rigs?  1 or 2-4 ?  Very interested
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003
I am happy to FINALLY introduce as promised some standalone adapter packages for powering GPU rigs strictly by server PSU’s.  These can be used both with my current server PSU packages found here:

IBM 2880W/2980W PSU’s to power 2-3 full rigs
DPS-4kW dual DPS-2000BB PSU’s to power up to 4 full rigs

Or with any other server PSU with PCIe cables.  Because every GPU rig and every PSU setup is different, packages can be customized on request, these are just some convenient packages that can be combined with my or other server PSU’s.

6-GPU Rig package for RX or similar GPU’s

6x 6-pin PCIe powered USB risers
6x 6+2pin PCIe splitters
4x 24” PCIe cables
2x 36" PCIe cables

7-GPU Rig package for RX or similar GPU’s

7x 6-pin PCIe powered USB risers
7x 6+2pin PCIe splitters
5x 24” PCIe cables
2x 36" PCIe cables

6-GPU Rig package for R9 390 or similar dual-plug GPU’s

6x 6-pin PCIe powered USB risers
9x 6+2pin PCIe splitters
5x 24” PCIe cables
4x 36" PCIe cables

Add bare IBM 2880W PSU (Board, PSU, C19 cable) for $150   -- Can power 2-3 rigs
Add bare DPS-2980W Platinum PSU (Board, PSU, C19 cable) for $180    -- Can power 2-3 rigs
Add bare DPS-4Kw PSU (Board, 2x DPS-2000BB, 2x C19 cable, 2x fans, mounting hardware) for $215   -- Can power 3-4 rigs Trying to source PSU's for these now.

All prices are in USD.

These packages are just examples of how to setup rigs using server PSU’s, and have 10% discounted for package deals (any purchases $90+ will qualify for 10% package discount).  Each setup will be different, so feel free to PM me about your needs. When comparing prices vs ATX PSU’s, please also keep in mind that these packages include the risers as well the other components.

Please contact me for volume purchasing. I work closely with many data centres, and can help procure or consult on build layouts including PSU's.

Pictures to come very shortly!!!

Individual pricing

160W Pico PSU 24pin ATX adapter  -  $25 each

6-pin PCIe powered risers   - $9 each

SATA/molex powered USB risers (ver 6) - $8 each

30” PCIe to EPS adapter assembly with barrel jack pig-tailed for powering Pico PSU (shown WITH Pico PSU connected, not included) - $6

6+2pin PCIe splitters   $3.00

24” PCIe cables  $2.50

32” PCIe cables  $3.50 - No longer available

36" high quality 16awg PCIe cables made in USA $4.50

In creating these packages, I decided to go with the PCIe to EPS adapter cable assembly instead of relying on supplying all motherboard power directly from Pico.  This was done for a couple reasons.  Instead of having to rely on the rated power of Pico PSU’s to provide 12V to rigs as well as 3.3V and 5V (or otherwise having to custom order special Pico’s built for higher power ratings to ensure reliability), and given that they already require 1 PCIe connector from a breakout board to power the Pico without relying on AC bricks, I figured why not take advantage of the reliable 12V power from the server PSU instead of depdending on the build quality/rating of Pico.  That being said, these Pico’s appear to be at least as well constructed as any of the standard off-the-shelf Pico’s I’ve seen on the market.  If you do decide to use the 4-pin ATX connector that is wired into the Pico, I do not foresee any problems whatsoever, especially with the low-power GPU rigs tend to be built with.  BUT, since the additional cable was not too expensive anyways, doesn’t require any more PCIe connectors, and guarantees reliable 12V directly to motherboard and thus only relies on Pico to drive 3.3 and 5V circuits as well as SSD and molex connector for example for ASrock motherboards aux power, I feel it’s better to over-build than not.

Also note, these packages were designed with larger server PSU’s in mind such as the IBM 2880W and DPS-4Kw that I offer.  That is why the cables tend to be on the long side.  This allows you to power 4x rigs by a single DPS-4kW PSU or 2-3 rigs from an IBM 2880/2980W PSU if you choose to go that route.  I will be working on some packages with shorter cables designed for individual PSU’s in the near future, but one step at a time Smiley

Shipping

Shipping will be calculated individually, to make sure you are getting the best rate.  All prices are in USD. I am willing to accept escrow through OGNasty, and can also do Paypal but buyer will be responsible for covering costs of either services (4% added to paypal, OG charges 1% for escrow).

Each package of PSU, breakout board & 10x PCI cables is approximately 16 lbs.

The BTC address for all non-escrow breakout board orders is here: 1GWQYCv22cAikgTgT1zFuAmsJ9fFqq9TXf
I will not PM you asking for payments to any other address, so beware of F1nksy, Fink5y, or whatever scammy names might pop up.   Wink
Pages:
Jump to: