Pages:
Author

Topic: Shed Setup for Miners (240v) - page 2. (Read 423 times)

Activity: 112
Merit: 6
December 14, 2017, 01:58:52 PM
Hello Everyone

I am sorry to make a new thread as i did search but what im finding is answers on how to run a miner on 120v service.

I really am looking for someone that can help answer my questions.I have been planning on putting in 240v service for sometime so that i can run my generator into the house properly (for hurricane season in FL) and know that I am looking into getting a S9 or more likely the new Avalon 8 (depending on availability), i am expediting hiring an electrician.

I am not comfortable with electricity at all and I want to make sure I tell the electrician exactly what type of receptacle to put in. It seems like there are so many different type of plus and amperage and its just a little over my head. ( I feel comfortable with the tech part and even setting up the Pi on my own but electricity, Huh Huh).

So, What setup is the most efficient?
I believe it should be on its own circuit and not on a gfci breaker.
Is it best to use a PDU, and then what type of plugs do I use? It looks like the PDUs take the normal 3 prong plug for 120v..

Im just in over my head when it comes to electricity (as you can tell) and would like some guidance.

I appreciate your help in advance and sorry for my noob type questions.
Pages:
Jump to: