Pages:
Author

Topic: Short term investment - page 7. (Read 2966 times)

legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179
September 16, 2017, 02:01:59 PM
I do some short term trading occasionally, but it's not something I am feeling comfortable with, unless the market is bouncing up and down within a certain range.

If there is no clear range pattern the market is moving in, then I am not going to bother with trading. I prefer to conservatively place smart buy and sell orders when the time is right, but it shouldn't end in a guessing game.

I started out as a pure hodler, but decided to allow myself to trade in afore mentioned circumstances. As we speak, I am still bullish long term wise, but the hard fork in November is what I am thinking about all the time.

Due to this hard fork, I don't expect the market to experience much upwards movement. I am perfectly fine with the market hovering between $3000-$4000 till we know whether or not we'll really see a hard fork gets initiated.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1265
September 16, 2017, 01:45:30 PM
If China supports bitcoin them it will negatively impact their economy so they will never say that.
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
September 16, 2017, 01:32:42 PM
Well I will do short term time to time. Just say this past few days, btc dropped to 3000 that was a very good time to dump a few thousand and then it jumps to 3800. Just got to be smart
Activity: 490
Merit: 389
Do not trust the government
September 16, 2017, 12:00:56 PM
Many traders agree that Bitcoin is a great long term investment, but what about all the short term traders?
There is a value in short term trading of course and these months seem as they were and will be turbulent, making short term trading at higher stake.

When do you predict a bottom and top range of the market in these couple of months?

Due to the upcoming of a serious hard fork that has a major economical support these times seem very risky for Bitcoin. A major split of the community is more likely than during a Bitcoin Cash fork and we saw some price drops before the Bitcoin Cash fork and could possibly expect an even bigger drop during this one. Or maybe people gained more confidence in Bitcoin since the survival of that fork? Are the big investors confident that big companies that signed the NY agreement will make a successful fork and insure the value of their coins with their economical importance or will they bail due to uncertainty? If they are confident in those companies, are they wrong to be confident? Will the users reject the fork and would it make a very drastic effect on the price?

Also due to the bad clarity in China's new ICO ban, it is maybe possible for the government to clarify it's stance on crypto/fiat trading?
If their stance is supportive, we could experience a huge bull and if it is not, we might experience a perhaps medium or high decline in price?

Many things could affect the price in next 2 months and because many miners and other people who pay the bills from crypto it is important to know for them should they sell and when or should they wait and for how long.
Pages:
Jump to: