Pages:
Author

Topic: Should a post be deleted from poor grammar? - page 3. (Read 843 times)

legendary
Activity: 3304
Merit: 3094
September 23, 2019, 11:07:24 AM
A friend of mine complained that his posts were deleted because is grammar was poorly constructed, I was like,it should not be and that it must be more to it.
If for any reason a post will be deleted for such, it must have been that the post is such meaningless that the point is not clear enough. Please am I right? Or what do you think?
If the message isn't clear then it's spam, i would like to recommend an addon for your friend, if he installs 'grammarly' (The web browser add-on) it will auto-correct each time he writes something wrong. Is a great tool for those ones who aren't good at all writing English.

I personally have posts deleted for a couple of typos, but those typos change the essence of my message, so, since it was nonsense mods take it as spam.
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
September 23, 2019, 10:55:48 AM
A friend of mine complained that his posts were deleted because is grammar was poorly constructed
Can you show some examples of those posts? Chances are you're talking about generic insubstantial posts, those should get deleted.

As long as the post itself is on-topic and understandable, grammer shouldn't matter much:
I do want to hear the thoughts of people who can't speak perfect English
legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824
September 23, 2019, 10:52:58 AM
A friend of mine complained that his posts were deleted because is grammar was poorly constructed, I was like,it should not be and that it must be more to it.
If for any reason a post will be deleted for such, it must have been that the post is such meaningless that the point is not clear enough. Please am I right? Or what do you think?

First, I suggest that you move this topic to meta.
Second, it's question for mods and admins but my feeling is that they delete spam or meaningless posts and don't think they will delete post because of poor grammar only?
Activity: 1246
Merit: 255
September 23, 2019, 10:48:43 AM
Pages:
Jump to: