Pages:
Author

Topic: Should Ethereum be Forked Your Opinion (Poll) - page 3. (Read 3043 times)

legendary
Activity: 1552
Merit: 1047

The Colossus of Dao is empowered during the annual congress of Ether. The Ether knights lend him their magical forces. Holding so much energy, the Colossus is able to withstand all threats.

the creators of DAO and the guy up here seems like have forgotten all principles of decentralization just because they are heavily invested
same as eth developers, as we can read in the chat, money > ethics as usual

If your money is involved, you will also ask for a fork to save 30% of the loss. Fortunately, we have the miners to decide.
Wrong. I lost more than 1000 BTC on mtgox. Never did I ask for a fork.
Activity: 446
Merit: 250
Unpaid signature.

The Colossus of Dao is empowered during the annual congress of Ether. The Ether knights lend him their magical forces. Holding so much energy, the Colossus is able to withstand all threats.

the creators of DAO and the guy up here seems like have forgotten all principles of decentralization just because they are heavily invested

If your money is involved, you will also ask for a fork to save 30% of the loss. Fortunately, we have the miners to decide.
Activity: 273

legendary
Activity: 1552
Merit: 1047

Activity: 222
Merit: 100
-snip-
Do you believe crypto coins can survive without regulation? Regulation will have, whether we want it or not. But much better is this regulation to be implemented by the community, based on clear criteria and not by politicians. DAO opens the door to that and maybe that is the reason to be attacked.

first of all, if i personally wanted regulation i'd've kept my fiat!!!
governments do more than enough regulation for my taste!!!
no need to have eth overlords reserve themselves the right to messing up a completely different entity because dao failed!
it was just one broken smart contract; the underlying system works!

secondly, dao was all about boasting self-goverence!
it couldn't deliver, it failed so what? move on, improve or whatever...
that does not justify a ethereum hard fork!
if a bank was robbed & money was stolen one does not go fucking with the currency!
you go try recovering the funds/compensating affected parties/improving your bank(system)

lastly, DO NOT F%&K WITH ETH!!! it's doin' just fine!
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1007
Professional Native Greek Translator (2000+ done)
Just want to see what people's opinion is on  the matter.

hard forks are always bad
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG
Yes do it.

Fuck all cheaters.. Take their funds away. All coins should have a voting system for this. Huge hacks and scams damage us all. Why let someone take 8million Eth for nothing and dilute our coins we mined and paid for. I see no issue at all with taking this persons coins away from him.

Would say the same if it was btc or ltc. Huge scams involving millions of coins can destroy the entire currency. If everyone votes and wants this cheater to have his coins frozen then good.

Activity: 308
ancap
In all the madness surrounding TheDAO attack remember that the ethereumproject is bigger than one single smart contract running on it.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005
My mule don't like people laughing
The only way for ETH now is down. Investors will not trust Eth smart contracts anymore. Without that it has nothing going for it.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
i was reading this http://pastebin.com/aMKwQcHR

and there was this:
[4:15:37 AM] Mathias: Guys, I understand the stress you are all in at the moment.
But please keep the big picture in mind :
What we are facing is a crappy smart contract, and careless investors. This is their risk of investing without proper due diligence.
Don't risk the reputation of Ethereum as an independent, decentralized platform because of it by taking hasty measures like hard forks or roll  backs .
Doing so will create a highly dangerous precedent, giving political authorities an entry whenever required in the future!

and this:
[5:01:14 AM] Philip G. Potter: even a serious discussion about a rollback by eth overlords IS EVIL

Highly agreed!
DO NOT F%*K WITH ETH because dao failed!
i never gave two crap about dao; bought 400 in ico for giggles!
so happened i got bored & sold them day before yesterday!

from the moment i stepped into cryptos everywhere i looked it was written in giant red neon blinking letters.
"Caution: high risk investment; do not risk what you can't afford to lose!"

Do you believe crypto coins can survive without regulation? Regulation will have, whether we want it or not. But much better is this regulation to be implemented by the community, based on clear criteria and not by politicians. DAO opens the door to that and maybe that is the reason to be attacked.
Activity: 222
Merit: 100
i was reading this http://pastebin.com/aMKwQcHR

and there was this:
[4:15:37 AM] Mathias: Guys, I understand the stress you are all in at the moment.
But please keep the big picture in mind :
What we are facing is a crappy smart contract, and careless investors. This is their risk of investing without proper due diligence.
Don't risk the reputation of Ethereum as an independent, decentralized platform because of it by taking hasty measures like hard forks or roll  backs .
Doing so will create a highly dangerous precedent, giving political authorities an entry whenever required in the future!

and this:
[5:01:14 AM] Philip G. Potter: even a serious discussion about a rollback by eth overlords IS EVIL

Highly agreed!
DO NOT F%*K WITH ETH because dao failed!
i never gave two crap about dao; bought 400 in ico for giggles!
so happened i got bored & sold them day before yesterday!

from the moment i stepped into cryptos everywhere i looked it was written in giant red neon blinking letters.
"Caution: high risk investment; do not risk what you can't afford to lose!"
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
I read some posts like "code = law." Involuntarily I thought about "I, Robot" by Isaac Asimov and the reply: "Save the Child". We are now faced with the choice to follow the logic of the machine or behaving like men.  Huh
Activity: 446
Unpaid signature.
Ethereum is still in the very early development stage. When bitcoin was in the similar status, it had several forks.
Activity: 350
Just want to see what people's opinion is on  the matter.
Pages:
Jump to: