Pages:
Author

Topic: should I be adding my private key to sign for an airdrop? - page 2. (Read 208 times)

Activity: 798
Merit: 250
homt.net
Please any thing to do with private key you have to be very careful with it. Any website insisting on signing with your private must be of security concern. Remember your private key is your password.
Activity: 266
Merit: 104
Sign up for airdrop required private key ? No, dont fill it, its 100% scam attempt. But your question little bit ambiguous if you required to SIGN message just do it. But never give your private key for sign up to an airdrop. Especially you got it from your email.
Activity: 1470
Merit: 655
signing a message with your private key is not the same as giving your private key to someone else.
signing is ok. giving it away is not! if anyone is asking for your private key, do NOT trust them. they want to scam you.

here is how you sign a message: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/how-to-sign-a-message-990345
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
hi,

woke up to see RPX and TRX both have airdrops today - went through the process and then it asked me to sign the airdrop with my private key? (for both)

i thought you didnt share this with anyone? so im stalling at the min.

is it the norm to airdrop like this?

thanks

Pages:
Jump to: