Pages:
Author

Topic: Should I be using MetaMask? - page 4. (Read 691 times)

Activity: 564
Merit: 100
January 28, 2018, 07:53:47 AM
I'm a newbie with some technical skills, but not a lot.
Should I be using MetaMask for added security?
What does MetaMask do for me, exactly?

Also, MetaMask seems to only work for Ethereum-based coins.  Is there an extension like MetaMask available for the other coins?
Here are some of its advantages
- Full featured ETH wallet, Erc20
- Anti-theft key log
- Unlock MyEtherWallet.com quick, click open
- When surfing on fake web sites, it will show red notifications
I think you should use it
Activity: 308
Merit: 10
January 28, 2018, 07:50:12 AM
Of course you need to use extensions like Metamasc. You can not enter a private key from your MEW to get full access to the purse, for example. Save your money if MEW is hacked! (That already happened 2 weeks ago)
Activity: 490
Life is full of struggle
January 28, 2018, 07:40:17 AM
i think it is the best i also use it, it is more then safe etherdelta, i leave from etherdelta for metamask, dont you think its hard, it is really easy to use.
Activity: 168
Merit: 13
January 28, 2018, 07:32:28 AM
There are lot of securities you can used but using a metamask is also a recommendable. Jut make it sure that you will be the responsible of your key.
Activity: 1078
January 28, 2018, 07:31:22 AM
You definitely should use Metamask or some kind of cold storage wallets. I was using MyEtherWallet for a while and I've been hacked recently, so I lost all my valuable tokens. Don't ignore the security, it is especially important in crypto world.
Activity: 364
January 28, 2018, 07:21:49 AM

Also, MetaMask seems to only work for Ethereum-based coins.  Is there an extension like MetaMask available for the other coins?

yes you can use metamask or you can also use myetherwallet to receive a coin that suport ERC20 and make sure you keep the secret key used to get into your wallet.
Activity: 546
Merit: 13
January 28, 2018, 07:19:14 AM
For the security reasons, in insecure platforms (sorry to say that, example: etherdelta), you should be using metamask.
Yes, Metamask provides you more security in dealing with erc-20 tokens. But you can also install the other software like web of trust and so on to check if one or the other website is worth visiting
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
January 28, 2018, 07:18:07 AM
I have never used MetaMask before for me MyEtherWallet (MEW) is best and I am using it for last one year and its good and secure for me and if you like MetaMask then you can use it but if you want to use something else I will recommend you to use My Ether Wallet its also a good wallet and it is also based on Ethereum Based Tokens just keep your private keys secure then you are safe.
Activity: 574
Merit: 251
January 28, 2018, 07:15:26 AM

Yup, metamask is better than MEW because it offer more layer of security to your wallet, it also works for erc20 tokens and there's tons of them on the market so it's a big plus. Other coin that doesn't use ethereum blockchain has different official wallet and I don't think there's one for that, even hardware wallet like nano ledger s doesn't support all token but only some famous one.
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
January 28, 2018, 07:07:18 AM
For the security reasons, in insecure platforms (sorry to say that, example: etherdelta), you should be using metamask.
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1007
Degen in the Space
January 28, 2018, 07:04:27 AM

MetaMask is for securing ERC20 supported wallets and can make you comfortable using the site for trading and holding. It allows you to easily access dAPP with the use of the private key and allows you to visit the ethereum sites. Also, metamask make it more accessible and more secured for all the users of ethereum. This plugin can also interact in the ethereum blockchain which is very convenient and interact with different smart contracts.
Activity: 212
Merit: 15
January 28, 2018, 06:57:16 AM
That good metamask user never get hacked because it wallet ia very safe. But should install extention on browser
Activity: 490
Bitfresh - iGaming with 90s UI
January 28, 2018, 06:55:33 AM
To be honest, I still have not figured out how Metamask works and what it's for, how it prevents the possibility of a hacking account. A lot of questions, but in any case if people say that this is a useful thing, then probably this is really useful software. So just try to install
Activity: 143
Merit: 2
January 28, 2018, 06:43:43 AM
i restored my metamask from seed and when i write password metamask give me another seed.. i tried login on metamask with both seeds and is working ... now i have 2 differend 12 word seeds for same account,why i get another seed for same account?
Activity: 119
January 15, 2018, 08:56:28 AM
I use MetaMask, and like it.. But I'll plan to buy ledger or trezor.. Think it's more secure
Activity: 686
Merit: 257
January 15, 2018, 08:42:27 AM
My personal experience is that meta mask is quite lag and not user friendly. I prefer to use a hardware wallet and it support not only ETH and ERC20 tokens, BTC, LTC and other altcoins are supported too. It is more secure in my opinion.
Activity: 672
January 15, 2018, 02:54:49 AM
Definitely worth using, I've recently figured out all the same what it is, there's nothing complicated, it's just an addon on google chrome so there's nothing to be afraid of and it's not worth while to understand too.
Activity: 186
January 14, 2018, 07:38:02 PM
Metamask helps you to transact easily ,the private keys are being stored in metamask and you dont need it to put in exchanges.Ive been using it from the start and i dont encounter any problems using it.
Activity: 41
Merit: 0
January 14, 2018, 07:18:11 PM
Metamask is cool and easy to use... I like the fact that it has a lot of ERC20 token options and smartly integrates with Ether Delta to trade. MEW is also a very useful wallet for ERC20 tokens.
Activity: 826
Merit: 250
January 14, 2018, 05:10:20 AM
Yes, in the beginning for more security you can use Metamask. It can help you to avoid some security problems.
Pages:
Jump to: