Pages:
Author

Topic: Should I be using MetaMask? - page 6. (Read 691 times)

Activity: 602
Merit: 110
January 12, 2018, 01:53:57 PM
As for the other coins, I do not know, but this application helps to avoid getting into phishing sites, which is very important if you do not want to lose your money.
Activity: 896
Merit: 102
-= OI =-
January 12, 2018, 01:42:40 PM
I'm a newbie with some technical skills, but not a lot.
Should I be using MetaMask for added security?
What does MetaMask do for me, exactly?

Also, MetaMask seems to only work for Ethereum-based coins.  Is there an extension like MetaMask available for the other coins?

my opinion is...
whatever security system used, all back to us.
But, for me.... i think Json is enough to maintain security.
with a note, we use the computer / laptop personally. Not to everyone.

Activity: 164
Merit: 10
January 12, 2018, 01:34:36 PM
Its almost required if you want to trade on ED. It allows you to set gas limits, while ED doesn't
Activity: 294
January 12, 2018, 01:33:52 PM
it's amazing that I did not attach importance to this wallet, but now I decided to reconsider my views and decided to pay more attention to this purse
Activity: 420
Merit: 100
January 12, 2018, 12:30:22 PM
I established it very simply as a google extension. As etherdelta exchange still can not be trusted, it feels safer to sign purchases via matemask.
Activity: 448
Merit: 110
January 12, 2018, 11:36:03 AM
I don't have too much experience with Ethereum or tokens but here's my view. I just moved from MEW to Metamask and it's so much nicer to use. I was using exodus for eth but it doesn't support enough ECR-20 tokens so I went in search of something that did. I don't want to pay the daft ledger nano price so Metamask is my choice atm and I like it.

Isn't MEW more secure though?  I mean, if you create an offline paper wallet using MEW...
While offline paper wallets are secure, you will still need to some level of online interaction when you need to carry out a transaction that is where metamask comes in.  Metamask provides you a platform to access your MEW wallet with the added provision of security from being phished of your private key.
Activity: 238
January 12, 2018, 11:17:39 AM
MetaMask is a better way to access your ERC20 tokens as it has extra layers of security though I'm not entirely sure what they are. But either way, use MetaMask especially since it can be installed as a plugin and is easily accessible.
Activity: 231
Merit: 100
Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token
January 11, 2018, 02:54:07 PM
Meta mask is a good measure to safe ourself from phishing attack which is a big and common way of stealing your money. It automatically block bad links and save u from being robbed
Activity: 112
Merit: 0
January 11, 2018, 01:40:45 PM
I use it and like how user-friendly it is - you can try it out, it's really easy to install (add on to browser)
Activity: 25
January 11, 2018, 01:20:44 PM
MM is only for ETH + ERC20 tokens. Offline wallets are ALWAYS more secure than a wallet connected to the internet. Be sure to keep your key in a safe place, such as Lastpass. Nice thing about MM is it's ready to go for decentralized web apps and works across other browsers than Chrome such as Firefox, Opera and Brave. You can also run the same wallet in both MEW & MM. I'm not aware of a browser wallet for non-ERC20 so I'd recommend using a versatile wallet such as Jaxx, Exodus or others out there if that's your requirement, or use multiple wallet apps for different coins as no wallet handles all 1400+ cryptos and tokens.
Activity: 41
Merit: 1
January 11, 2018, 12:03:15 PM
I don't have too much experience with Ethereum or tokens but here's my view. I just moved from MEW to Metamask and it's so much nicer to use. I was using exodus for eth but it doesn't support enough ECR-20 tokens so I went in search of something that did. I don't want to pay the daft ledger nano price so Metamask is my choice atm and I like it.

Isn't MEW more secure though?  I mean, if you create an offline paper wallet using MEW...
Activity: 13
January 11, 2018, 11:42:35 AM
Activity: 41
Merit: 1
January 11, 2018, 10:43:46 AM
I'm a newbie with some technical skills, but not a lot.
Should I be using MetaMask for added security?
What does MetaMask do for me, exactly?

Also, MetaMask seems to only work for Ethereum-based coins.  Is there an extension like MetaMask available for the other coins?
Pages:
Jump to: