Pages:
Author

Topic: Should I buy a USB miner? I get free electricity... - page 3. (Read 2373 times)

Activity: 69
Merit: 10
It's not free electricity if your parents pay for it. I wouldn't bother with mining. Never gonna be worth it. Try an alt if you have to.
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
Seems like all constructive stuff has already been said, so all I can really say in this thread is LOL.
OP, are you by any chance a teenager?

Being a teenager does not mean anything in any way. Being naive is another thing, which means to not think and consider things properly.

I don't tend to judge by age. But it would certainly make more sense if OP is a teenager, than being 30yo or more and counting on his parents' 'free electricity'. That would be sad Smiley.
But either way, you can always change things in your life for the better.
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
I found 5 usb miners 333mhs each, for 60$ Smiley . Is it worth it ? Even if i have free electricity and diff doesn't incrise next 4 years they will hardly roi Cheesy lol. 

Nope, you can get a 32-37GH/s Rockminer R-Box for the same price. Not worth it at all.

But this got a free shipping . Can u get me a link for that rock miner ?
Btw i just got an idea. I can make that usb miners to mine CTM and exchange to btc, that way they will mine about 12$ per month. Could be worth it ?

Go to the group buy section of this forum. There are virtually no CTM exchanges, and I would still ROI quicker by buying a Rockminer.
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 1037
CEO @ Stake.com and Primedice.com
I found 5 usb miners 333mhs each, for 60$ Smiley . Is it worth it ? Even if i have free electricity and diff doesn't incrise next 4 years they will hardly roi Cheesy lol. 

Nope, you can get a 32-37GH/s Rockminer R-Box for the same price. Not worth it at all.

But this got a free shipping . Can u get me a link for that rock miner ?
Btw i just got an idea. I can make that usb miners to mine CTM and exchange to btc, that way they will mine about 12$ per month. Could be worth it ?

legendary
Seems like all constructive stuff has already been said, so all I can really say in this thread is LOL.

Being a teenager does not mean anything in any way. Being naive is another thing, which means to not think and consider things properly.
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
DrG
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035
Lol, i would also love to buy some usb miners just for the sake of decoration, and watching them blink on my table Cheesy . I know they cant mine anything but they look nice. My problem is fining them cheep and free shipping othervise not worth it.

Ask in the marketplace.  Put in your rough location and ask if somebody nearby has some for sale.
legendary
Lol, i would also love to buy some usb miners just for the sake of decoration, and watching them blink on my table Cheesy . I know they cant mine anything but they look nice. My problem is fining them cheep and free shipping othervise not worth it.
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Will Bitcoin Rise Again to $60,000?
The more they spend on power,
the less pocket money they can give you.

Well that doesn't really make much sense at all.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
The more they spend on power,
the less pocket money they can give you.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin
you cant realy make any profit from usb miners, better and safer option is to simply invest into btc/some other crypto.
its just a matter of time when more ppl is gona realise that they are just loosing money buying unprofitable mining eq. that will never ROI.

cheers
Activity: 994
Merit: 441

if you live in the new york projects usually the utility bill is covered, I had a freind who had electrical free utilities
legendary
Activity: 910
I would hardly call someone else paying "free", let alone your parents paying it.

His parents probably couldn't notice it, if OP is just going to play with a few USB miners. Wink
legendary
Activity: 910
The cheapest USB miners I've seen go for about $20, maybe a bit more, maybe a bit less. I've noticed that there are two types - one type that runs at 330MHash/s and another type that runs at about 2.2GHash/s. I had the opportunity to snap up 6 of the latter types for $50 once but didn't take it. Now I definitely regret not buying those while I had the chance.

With 0 electricity fee, 10% difficulty increment every 2016 blocks, 0% pool fee and 13.2 GH/s (6*2.2), you would get about 0.08 btc after 2 years.
https://bitcoinwisdom.com/bitcoin/calculator

For comparison, you can buy 0.08 btc with 52 USD (at current bitstamp price) now.

Activity: 168
Merit: 100
I would hardly call someone else paying "free", let alone your parents paying it.

Haha, poor parents. :3
DrG
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035
A USB miner would be a cheap way to go about learning how to set up a basic miner, understand share submission, stratum protocol, etc.  It won't be making any money, it would be more like a BTC tutorial you have to pay for.
Activity: 196
Merit: 101
If you really want to invest in mining hardware you should think about building a GPU rig but I recommend investing the cash to directly buy bitcoins.
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
Buy and sell bitcoins,
Electricity is not a major factor in ASIC mining (yet). If you get "free" electricity, you are better of mining scrypt coins with your GPU, or CPU-only coins.

Agreed. The best returns for casual miners IMO can be found mining low difficulty coins that have not been listed on exchanges yet. It's hit or miss, but the return on speculation can be quite large.
Pages:
Jump to: