Pages:
Author

Topic: Should I convert my BCH to BTC? - page 7. (Read 3283 times)

Activity: 1680
Merit: 259
September 10, 2017, 08:07:56 PM
Yep, I got some BCH from the fork as a lot of hodler out there and I'm not sure what would the best thing to do with it (in term of long term return of investement).

I would like to hear the opinion of a few experienced traders on this before making my mind.

If yes, what would be the best way to do this?

Thanks!

See again your strategy, I think you miss something. You only need to see price action using long time period ( week - month ) and also volume transactions. Investment not like trading, it's only need take the right coin and hold it. You can take 2 option, buy another coin or exchange become currency ( take profit ). Your decision your risk and have a nice day.
Activity: 728
Merit: 537
September 10, 2017, 07:50:42 PM
I don't consider myself anything near to an "experienced trader" but this is what happened.
Once BitcoinCash hit the exchanges I waited for a few days and then sold it all.
I guess this is what actually most of bitcoin holders did.

I don't believe BCH will reach anything in the future. It's just another altcoin but worse. Totally obsolete and of no use.
It's just an overpriced coin that has a lot of hype for it without any reason.
It's still up to you. You can hold and hope that it gets pumped more and sell at that time but I'd personally prefer to buy zcash or eth and wait for it since they'll surely rise.
Activity: 1680
Merit: 259
September 10, 2017, 07:41:49 PM
Yep, I got some BCH from the fork as a lot of hodler out there and I'm not sure what would the best thing to do with it (in term of long term return of investement).

I would like to hear the opinion of a few experienced traders on this before making my mind.

Thanks!

See again your strategy, I think you miss something. You only need to see price action using long time period ( week - month ) and also volume transactions. Investment not like trading, it's only need take the right coin and hold it. You can take 2 option, buy another coin or exchange become currency ( take profit ). Your decision your risk and have a nice day.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091
September 10, 2017, 07:19:22 PM
There is seriously no point into holding something so obsolete as BCH. I have dumped everything already, and advice any other holder of BCH to do the same. I can't see this coin hold any value that is even near current levels -- it wouldn't surprise me if this coin in the coming months falls back to 0.05 BTC, and likely even lower. It's an extremely overpriced altcoin that is lagging behind the most popular coins in the market. That being said, since people haven't paid a single penny for them, there is nothing to lose. It's all up to you -- wait for a potential pump that may or may not come, or just enjoy cashing out at current levels. Easy choice for me. Smiley
Activity: 826
Merit: 500
September 10, 2017, 07:11:20 PM
hardly believe it will "catch on" or get major usage except for being a speculation vehicle. it's an altcoin like many others after all. mainstream people will get into BTC and not BCH.
Activity: 1694
Merit: 541
September 10, 2017, 07:08:04 PM
@OP If you really think about converting your bitcoin cash to bitcoin wait for the best price and then convert back rather than doing that when the price is low,it is all personal opinion and since i got it for free,i do not have any problems to hold for a very long time and see how this coin will perform in the future.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 306
September 10, 2017, 07:06:30 PM
I'm not an 'experienced trader', but I'd say hold on to it.  You got it for free, right?
It'll cost you nothing to hold, and you never know if or when it's going to catch
on and go up in value.  I think next time we have a boom in altcoins like we had
this year, it'll soar.  I'm convinced it will happen, but I don't know when, and if you
sell now you'll kick yourself for doing so.

Wish I'd gotten some, but I missed out because I didn't have any BTC at the
time.  Oh well.
Activity: 650
Merit: 500
September 10, 2017, 07:04:04 PM
I think that is one of the best exchanges you can make right now.. Nobody knows what can happen to Bitcoin Cash, it is freezed between $600 and $700. and i dont think that charts are predicting any movement in the next hours/days
I dumped mine at $600 last week, and i bought a lot of altcoins with that money, i suggest you to do the same, it is a fair movement, i think.
Activity: 15
Merit: 0
September 10, 2017, 06:46:27 PM

Thanks!
Pages:
Jump to: