Pages:
Author

Topic: should i copy the ID & PW on a paper? - page 2. (Read 529 times)

Activity: 30
Merit: 0
If you want to copy your ID and PW it's a good thing, because if you do not remember ID and PW one day you'll need the paper you wrote.
Activity: 280
Merit: 39
Citowise-Developing Crypotpayment Infrastructure
I suggest that you should use a file encrypter if you want it to save in your computer drive then if want to write in paper or what
password and usernames
then write it except for password write the password hint not the plain password.

in encryption of file there is a sort of key to be able to decrypt the file in that way you can protect your data from external factors.
Activity: 133
Merit: 10
Blockchain with solar energy
nowadays we all will have several wallet from several website for our several crypto coins, and also we have a lot of ID's like forum id, email, ETC, all is from internet website, i did have some too, but there's too many i lost the id/acc/pw info due to some of them is myself did not login for too long time, and i dont have the habit to copy or write down on a paper, so there's permanently lost if i get forgot of ID's or PW's, may i ask how you guys store your important info? any suggestion?
please that im serious on this cause i had lost my first bitcoin wallet registered in 2010, i dont even remember what's the website address and i had a hard copy for that actually

I do organize my account details in a simple excel work book and encrypt it and backed up from a personal usb. I suggest that you store yours in any form that you can easily access too and would be secure enough for you to not lost it and be not accessible to others.
Activity: 406
Merit: 11
Yes but if it is safe with you and store it in a safe place. I recomend you to have your passwords carefully. However, you haven't mentioned whether it is a wallet password or a normal id and password, what ever me the reason, writing you password in a paper is good as far as the paper is kept safely.
Activity: 90
Yes, if you want to, you want to copy your ID password and paper. It will certainly give us the advantage. We will be able to use it when we forget our password id and paper wallet. But in this case we have to save our password ID secretly. This is certainly an intellectual job.

Yes you can save it in the paper but it is that safe. If you want to secure your ID and password you have it to the most secure one though the notes in the phone and a flash drive is ok.

If  you save your ID and password in the paper there is a tendency that it might be lost. Why don't you just save your password and ID in the most secure one.
Activity: 47
Yes, if you want to, you want to copy your ID password and paper. It will certainly give us the advantage. We will be able to use it when we forget our password id and paper wallet. But in this case we have to save our password ID secretly. This is certainly an intellectual job.

Yes you can save it in the paper but it is that safe. If you want to secure your ID and password you have it to the most secure one though the notes in the phone and a flash drive is ok.
copper member
Activity: 322
Merit: 8
Saving your important passwords and private keys are good. But then you will need a powerful safe to store them in so as not to lose them due to flooding or fire outbreaks. Do what I do. Open a fresh email account. Then save your passwords and important private key and documents in the drafts of the email. Ensure you don't use this email for any website. Don't use it for sign ups anywhere to reduce the chances of it getting hacked. You should be fine.
Activity: 95
yes, but it's better if you copy on a note. because if you copy on a paper, the paper will be gone.

Yes you can copy it on a paper and hide it properly so it won't be lost. However, it is safe if you copy it in most secure storage or either copy it in your phones note or in a flash drive so that it won't be lost. Also a Back up one would be better in case something happens.
Activity: 294
Merit: 100
It is very well safer to write down your password on paper because when you save your ID and password on computer it can crash anytime, and you can save the password written on paper into your save box
Activity: 252
Merit: 1
yes you should. but make sure to put inside a steel wall safe.
Activity: 98
It's ok if you want to copy your password and wallet ID to a notepad or paper though. It is to keep watch if we forget our password or ID. I also copied all the passwords and IDs associated with bitcoin into notepad or note apps on my phone and computer.
Activity: 280
Although no method is ever truly 100% safe for storage of your currency, but I'd say using paper might be the safest and it doesn't cost anything.
Activity: 70
yes, but it's better if you copy on a note. because if you copy on a paper, the paper will be gone.
Activity: 560
YOUC - www.youengine.io
nowadays we all will have several wallet from several website for our several crypto coins, and also we have a lot of ID's like forum id, email, ETC, all is from internet website, i did have some too, but there's too many i lost the id/acc/pw info due to some of them is myself did not login for too long time, and i dont have the habit to copy or write down on a paper, so there's permanently lost if i get forgot of ID's or PW's, may i ask how you guys store your important info? any suggestion?
please that im serious on this cause i had lost my first bitcoin wallet registered in 2010, i dont even remember what's the website address and i had a hard copy for that actually

Did you successful retrieve your old bitcoin wallet back to your possession ?
You dont have to write it on paper. just make a file of it on your pc or your phone or other your own devices.
Activity: 74
Start using a reputable password-managing program like 1Password or LastPass etc. The difference is night and day. It will save you a lot of time. I couldn't recommend them highly enough  Wink
your advice is right, I also use 1Password it. It really helps keep my password and very reliable
Activity: 14

In my case, I have a lot of user account in my laptop even though I'm the only one whose using it. I have separate user account with password for my bitcoin account and I hide it well, I also keep it in different removable device. I don't write it in paper.
Activity: 140
i don't think it will be a very good idea use password managing apps if you have a lot of passwords and addresses and if you write it down in paper it has a possibility to get lost or seen by others which is not good
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
April 27, 2018, 01:40:10 PM
First thing never store your coins on any exchanges or web wallets as they are prone to hacks and phishers. You need to learn from the mistakes of so many people and not try to repeat it. Although if you are still doing it than you are on your own. Also it would be safe to copy the user name and password on a paper.
Activity: 28
April 27, 2018, 01:38:21 PM
what ID & PW? if you mean in general, it's unwise to write down any sort of password since anyone could find it.
one way is that you could use some type of pattern in your passwords, just an example that isn't great would be using a password like:
bitcointalk_blabla_123
of course you need to add another element to it, otherwise if someone found out your pasword they'd be able to log in to all your accounts.

this is a good start above. but some websites store passwords in cleartext. so if you went to a phishing site of your email providor and used
myemail_blah_123
they can then get into your email. find out who your bank is with and then realise that your banks password might be
mybank_blah_123

instead have the easy reminder for your brain.. but then HASH the reminder before using on the website
so when you set your password for your email you use the hash
255a702d1e3df60f4a0db118c4ecf77f
now a phishing site wont know that your brain can easily remember how it got to that hash. nor can it work out instantly what your other passwords will be, because they are unique to each site

for instance
myemail_blah_123: 255a702d1e3df60f4a0db118c4ecf77f
mybank_blah_123 : 68a6eca313bd2d3fb147e958fcc32b07
myebay_blah_123 : f44c5b0991d8913ad2ac0f338698ae0d
---------------------------------------------------------------
Using this hash password is a better idea on how to secure your account. Thank you for the great comment.
Activity: 336
Harmony for One and All
April 27, 2018, 12:44:48 PM
i think thats was a great idea after all, to not forgeting your id and your wallet on the paper
but i think the right is you can burn your data into cd to prevent some hack or any kind matter and cheap ofcourse
Pages:
Jump to: