Pages:
Author

Topic: should i copy the ID & PW on a paper? - page 4. (Read 529 times)

Activity: 2842
Merit: 772
April 24, 2018, 07:04:13 PM
nowadays we all will have several wallet from several website for our several crypto coins, and also we have a lot of ID's like forum id, email, ETC, all is from internet website, i did have some too, but there's too many i lost the id/acc/pw info due to some of them is myself did not login for too long time, and i dont have the habit to copy or write down on a paper, so there's permanently lost if i get forgot of ID's or PW's, may i ask how you guys store your important info? any suggestion?
please that im serious on this cause i had lost my first bitcoin wallet registered in 2010, i dont even remember what's the website address and i had a hard copy for that actually

How about using the old and traditional excel spreadsheet to write down everything and have multiple back up of it? Don't back up using emails though, because if you get hacked, most likely all your account is compromised. Don't back it up online, USB is a good option to back up.

I would also suggest that you write down it down if you are too paranoid to save in somewhere online or even back it up on a USB drive or any device. Again, you need to keep multiple backups and also put it somewhere secure so that no one can get to your notes.

And don't be this guys: https://cointelegraph.com/news/crypto-investor-reportedly-hacked-for-2-mln-on-live-stream-internet-calls-foul

He back it op in on Evernote, and the hacker was able to get his email password and the rest is history and millions worth of money is gone.
Activity: 1484
Merit: 326
April 24, 2018, 06:53:46 PM
nowadays we all will have several wallet from several website for our several crypto coins, and also we have a lot of ID's like forum id, email, ETC, all is from internet website, i did have some too, but there's too many i lost the id/acc/pw info due to some of them is myself did not login for too long time, and i dont have the habit to copy or write down on a paper, so there's permanently lost if i get forgot of ID's or PW's, may i ask how you guys store your important info? any suggestion?
please that im serious on this cause i had lost my first bitcoin wallet registered in 2010, i dont even remember what's the website address and i had a hard copy for that actually

What ID and password do you mean? the most important of a wallet is a private key. You can lose all your bitcoin access but if you have a private key you can login anytime. save private key in email or draft / sent email. manipulation is all email and you can check again sometime if you want to open it again. make sure the new email is created on a secure device and you do not use the email for other purposes.
Activity: 238
Merit: 11
April 24, 2018, 05:51:43 PM
You might want to start using some password manager such as keepass.info which is open source. You enter your passwords and can spread this software across multiple USB and CD drives as here you are responsible for keeping them safe and secure. So you have to prepare if one device fails you. Don't use password managers that are online and that connect all your data on their servers, this might be convenient but it's not secure as data is stored on their servers.
BQ
Activity: 616
Merit: 53
CoinMetro - the future of exchanges
April 24, 2018, 05:37:28 PM
what ID & PW? if you mean in general, it's unwise to write down any sort of password since anyone could find it.
one way is that you could use some type of pattern in your passwords, just an example that isn't great would be using a password like:
bitcointalk_blabla_123
of course you need to add another element to it, otherwise if someone found out your pasword they'd be able to log in to all your accounts.

there's also password manager software you can use.
Activity: 182
Merit: 1
April 24, 2018, 05:27:33 PM
Pages:
Jump to: