Pages:
Author

Topic: Should I trade my BTC for BCH? - page 9. (Read 4135 times)

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048
November 10, 2017, 10:29:14 PM
Hi,

I'm new here. Bought in to bitcoin at £5100, sold at £6050, then bought back in at £5400, but it seems to be dropping.

Should I trade all my BTC for BCH on the short term or is it too late to get in to BCH?

BCT seems to be losing me money by the minute.

Thanks.

If you would have jumped in when you wrote this, you could have caught some guaranteed profit. as I type this its a bit late; there may be some additional uptrend or volatility but I wouldnt suggest it personally (im not a big risk hound, I dont like gambling). before you do invest however, consider a few points. why is the price increasing so much, and why now? i will posit that people may be using bch as a safe haven given all the uncertainty around the fork situation. but would it justify this price increase, give how widely distributed it already is. tldr: why are people so interested in it all of a sudden. also consider; why so much gain? is it legit that there is so much demand for bch right now that the price should have gone up this much?

if you cant answer all that, then mayhap you should reconsider your purchase Wink
copper member
Activity: 1380
Merit: 504
THINK IT, BUILD IT, PLAY IT! --- XAYA
November 10, 2017, 09:59:02 PM
To me it seems too late now to switch positions.

These things need to be anticipated well beforehand and acted on very quickly. A day or so later is way too late.

Activity: 1260
Merit: 524
November 10, 2017, 07:11:02 PM
Hi,

I'm new here. Bought in to bitcoin at £5100, sold at £6050, then bought back in at £5400, but it seems to be dropping.

Should I trade all my BTC for BCH on the short term or is it too late to get in to BCH?

Thanks.

Entering in BCH is not recommended as it has gone very high and now anything can happen so it is better to stick with BTC as within some days the price will jump up back after this correction is over.
Activity: 504
Merit: 252
November 10, 2017, 06:48:12 PM
Hi,

Thanks.

What we are going through right now is the correction already. This will continue even lower in the next several hours and days most probably but there will also be some little upward movement along the way. There is nothing to worry though because such movements and corrections and retracements are very normal in the charts of Bitcoin and any coin for that matter. But if you consider shifting to BCH better you can also go for it.
Activity: 476
Merit: 100
www.daxico.com
November 10, 2017, 06:48:04 PM
Hi,

Thanks.

Though BCH is a promising crypto out from BTC's DNA, i don't think i will trade my BTC to BCH. Just hold it man and wait for it to sell it on a higher price. Bitcoin's value is very volatile and yes, you may lose some of your money every minute but wait for it till it rises up again. Unexpectedly, its market value will rise again like crazy.
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
November 10, 2017, 06:38:44 PM
In my opinion both coins are really good. If possible buy and keep some BCH also with you. In long run, you will get profit from it. Since the segwit got cancelled, people will now invest in BCH.  BCH has got many advantages when you compare it with bitcoin and the main advantage is its less transaction fees and easy confirmation. Anyway its upto you to choose which coin to invest because both have hugh potential.
Activity: 365
Merit: 250
November 10, 2017, 06:37:06 PM
I think you can sell BTC now to buy BCH. I think BCH will go up to over $1000 next week. There is a panic Bitcoin sell.
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
November 10, 2017, 06:33:40 PM
Buy the dip, sell it high. That is one of the best advise given by the investors. In BCH situation and the price is pumping up by those big whales. sooner or later, BCH price will drop down just like what happen when it reaches $900 then drop to $300. I would suggest that you should always set goals when to sell and when to buy back a bitcoin or invest to other altcoins. You will definitely regret buying BCH when the price is going up. You should follow cointelegraph news. They have technical analysis for BTC, BCH, RIPPLE, ETH and LITECOIN.
Activity: 28
November 10, 2017, 06:32:24 PM
BTC seems to be dropping big time for now, but am pretty sure it will rise even more than it was now. My BTC is so precious to me and i will not trade it for anything.
Activity: 19
November 10, 2017, 06:30:02 PM
“I’m going to use those 1,000 bitcoins to buy more bitcoin cash." roger said :p
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-11-10/bitcoin-jesus-praises-new-coin-as-7-million-wager-falls-through
and withdraw 2,000 after the sheep followed
Activity: 560
Merit: 126
November 10, 2017, 06:27:22 PM
It's up to you, no one here can give the right answer, anyway, since you are newbie I highly recommend you to stay away from Bitcoin cash and stick with bitcoin. in your situation if I were I will put a sell order at £5600 in case bitcoin went down.
Activity: 30
November 10, 2017, 06:20:02 PM
BTC seems in some kind of trouble within its dev team, and the postphone of 2x forking has angered some. That is why BCH is booming in my opinion.

I don't think you would have a lot to oss if you spread your eggs in two basket.

Coinbaese, the largest exchange of BTC has promised to add BCH next year. I think there will be a surge in BCH price b4 it happens.

anyway bet what you could afford to loss, then you will be calmer.

Newbies always find grass greener on other side of the hill.

But it is not the truth sometimes.
Activity: 16
November 10, 2017, 06:12:21 PM
It's still falling and BCH is still rising.

I'm getting worried.
What you're observing is an arbitrary pattern.

If you decide to sell some or all of your BTC in exchange for BCH, it will be based on the (unjust and late) assumption that this current trend will continue to occur.  If true, this will only be the case due to other people having the same poor logic as you.

Furthermore, Bitcoin Cash has had a higher BTC price before, even topping 0.2 BTC at some points.

Pay less attention to the charts and more attention to your brain.

i kinda wanna laugh because yes it has hit .200 but the price of btc at the time was so much lower just because its at 0.07xx bhc is at a all time high, basically your not giving him all the info he needs to make a clear decision on the topic
Activity: 150
November 10, 2017, 06:09:54 PM
I suggest you to hold your btc and not gamble with bch. I don't think bch price will increase more than this.
Activity: 830
Merit: 258
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
November 10, 2017, 06:06:55 PM
Indeed, the price went down a lot of traders sold their bitcoins, to save the loses, but if you are looking for a long term investment my advice to keep the coins or invest BCH
Activity: 350
November 10, 2017, 06:02:34 PM
When it comes to trading, for you to succeed. You must learn how to keep your emotions at the door. Do not let your emotions to guide you will you trade. At this point the price of bitcoin is dropping this weekend but with the little understanding I have gotten have make me to know that most weekend the the price of bitcoin do drop.
Activity: 266
Merit: 13
November 10, 2017, 06:00:45 PM
You're looking at short term trading pattern and getting nervous.  I was thinking same about switching some, but digging through Cryptomarketcap I noticed there's near $3bn (yep) of Bitcoin Cash traded on the Korean exchanges.  For sure Bitcoin has been been selling off too, but most the Bitcoin Cash rise is new Korean cash flooding in.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1285
Flying Hellfish is a Commie
November 10, 2017, 05:58:07 PM
Like it really matters on what you're trying to do with the Bitcoin that you currently have, are you trying to make some quick money and risk some of it to make some more money? Then yes, this may be the move at the moment to try to make a couple bucks off the spike in BCC.

I don't see a reason for the spike, so it could be some of people just pushing this hype to make some good money.

But if you're up to risking it then I'd say go for it, matters how much risk you want to expose yourself too.
Activity: 966
Merit: 507
November 10, 2017, 05:55:53 PM
I am worried about this usual tendency in many traders to react emotionally as soon as they see an abnormal movement of the markets. That's why it's always recommended to have a long-term plan to manage your investments without the pressure of the sudden swings that are frequently observed in the markets. If you are convinced of the inherent value of bitcoin, you should keep it in spite of the fact that there is now an important movement in Bitcoin Cash.
Activity: 168
Merit: 10
November 10, 2017, 05:53:04 PM
Hi,

Thanks.

Be patient and have faith. Short term investment is good if you really want to but for long term, don't do that. Bitcoin will stay at the top and will never be replaced. It's value will soon go higher just wait. Bitcoin is really the future. We don't really know what will happen to BCH but BTC has much more stable foundation. Many backers and investors. So don't lose faith. Choose what you think is right.
Pages:
Jump to: