Pages:
Author

Topic: Should we put a merit/post ratio? Like torrent site - page 3. (Read 20791 times)

legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1808
Exchange Bitcoin quickly-https://blockchain.com.do
@vod could you do something on your site?

Posts since merit system/merits received = meritworthyness?
legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 3150
₿uy / $ell ..oeleo ;(
I asked sometime ago for another new "score" which calculates together the air-doped merit, received merit, post count, deleted messages and activity.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.41553497
Nothing new there...
legendary
Activity: 2366
Merit: 6555
be constructive or S.T.F.U
But it seems to me that a 1 merit / 20 posts can't possibly be a difficult task unless you're a complete shitspammer... Thus you shouldn't be allowed to write.

Most members don't fit in that, and it is not an an indication of quality posts by any means. your idea will help fight shitposting but it will also stop good posts when everyone is paranoid of not getting merit,therefore running out of posts. the knowledge sharing on the forum will drop along side with the shitposting.

there are also many off-topic posts and market place that supposedly go un-merited for a simple reason.
Activity: 406
Merit: 257
BINGO! BOUNTY MANAGEMENT
If a person does not get merit for every 20 posts he makes, that does not mean he is a shitposter or he should not be allowed to post on the forum. This is a place were freedom of speech is respected and should be.

There are many flaws in this.

1. People who are new here mostly don't get merits even after posting 100+ posts.

2. Most of the people are unmerited even after writing quality posts as they are just not detected by someone with smerits.

3. Some of the people just tend to post updates about there services here so that posts are obvious to get no merits.

4. If you check marketplace section much of the people just use there accounts to bid on some stuff there, so they usually earn less merits.

Much more...

All this things can make much worthy people of the forum to be banned from posting.

So, I think its not a good idea to put merit requirements to the forum members to post.
legendary
Activity: 2996
Merit: 6138
Meh.
I don't like this idea as it doesn't feel like something that would progress us further as a community..

Some people that are hanging out in certain sections are rarely getting any merits, same goes for some oldies that are hanging around who usually just pop in every now and then (Happens from time to time in collectibles).
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1251
Hey everyone,

I got the idea from LoyceV:

By the time a Newbie reaches 1000+ posts without earning a single Merit, it's pretty clear he doesn't contribute anything to this forum.

Now I know everyone only do very legal stuff, but for experiments only I've tried a few torrent sites and most of them have a seed/leech ratio. The idea is that if you download 10gb of files you must share at least 5gb of files so the site keeps being active.

I wondered, could this be done here too?

Not talking about a hard 1 merit / 1 post minimum of course. I'm the first one to go on in ridiculous debates on the P&S section that doesn't bring much more than my opinion in the forum and I would like to continue doing so.

But it seems to me that a 1 merit / 20 posts can't possibly be a difficult task unless you're a complete shitspammer... Thus you shouldn't be allowed to write.

I don't know if that seems like a good idea to you but I could easily imagine a ratio for everyone and the day you drop below a certain point you can no longer post on the forum. And why not warning you a bit before so you know you MUST post only extremely high value content or you won't post anything anymore.
Pages:
Jump to: