Pages:
Author

Topic: Should you take loan(s) to invest in crypto? - page 12. (Read 2093 times)

Activity: 756
Merit: 112
December 19, 2020, 08:25:10 AM
I wonder if there is a bank that would allow a loan for an investment like trading for crypto. Maybe if you are building a business or an ICO? Or if you take it off your credit card, which probably is a bad idea.

Plus, investing in crypto is too risky and you using a loan for it is surely not a good idea.
Activity: 742
Merit: 128
Coinbene.com - Experience Fast Crypto Trading
December 19, 2020, 07:14:40 AM
If you are a regular Twitter user and happen to follow a bunch of influencers or investors, there are high chances that you will have gone through some of the tweets claiming someone has borrowed a loan from bank to just invest into crypto. If not yet, check it here. Well, this is one really  interesting topic so I though why not discuss here.

What do you think of taking loan(s) to invest in crypto? What's your input? Have any of you done this already? Isn't this crazy?

That's dangerous idea to have a loan just because you want to invest in a investment that you know have a risk and have price volatility problem. If you want to have a loan do it for business reason not because of greed that you want to earn from investing it in crypto currency.

Use your own money if you plan to invest in something risky like crypto currency it will only work if you have other alternative investment or money that you can use to pay the loan if for example you get negative in your investment in Bitcoin.
Activity: 1596
Merit: 264
December 18, 2020, 02:45:33 PM
Isn't your loan supposed to be used to something that you prioritize to cover?
It's not that it's a bad idea but you're risking something that you might not be able to pay when the time comes. Unless that the coin you invested does a price surge so sudden then you might.
It would be like a last second thing to think of doing.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 286
December 18, 2020, 02:42:13 PM
I think getting some loan is good for only doing or creating some businesses but investing it on crypto is too risky, even if you are that good investor or trader, it is hard to gamble when the money is not really yours, you just borrowed it, you need to pay for that. I think the best way is that you should save some money for now and then after that, learn some good techniques depending on the way of making money that you prefer, whether it is investing or even trading, so that you can secure that even if you lose, you have no responsibility or any liability for that. But because you study, the probability will be lessened.
Activity: 1316
Merit: 104
CitizenFinance.io
December 18, 2020, 12:55:14 PM
This will be the greatest risk of all time with this kind of volatility in the crypto space, I don't see it as an incredible approach towards any financial gains.
Activity: 994
Merit: 261
December 18, 2020, 12:33:34 PM
It carries a lot of risks and I would not recommend anyone to do it. But if you really have a steady income and enough to pay for the loan, it's up to yourself. But investing and trading in cryptocurrency is better to use funds that are free from any need so that when one day you experience a loss, there is no panic or excessive stress.
Activity: 644
Merit: 364
In Code We Trust
December 18, 2020, 12:12:52 PM
It is a big no no for me, because loans demand a payment (which could be weekly, monthly, quarterly, or anually) which you have to work on. Investment is a money that you are afford to loose. It will not be a win win situation because you are putting your money into a risk which you do not have any assurance if it will grow. I do not recommend loans as your investment in crypto. Do not rush to be rich. Work for it so that you could invest more not only in crupto, but in many different things.
Activity: 1414
Merit: 574
December 18, 2020, 12:00:35 PM
Someone who debt to invest in a crypto is a very brave man.  However, there may be people like that. Investing in crypto is an investment with a very high risk, but if you really know very well about cryptocurrency, I think borrowing money from a bank to invest is fine. Those of you who have mastered the market in terms of theory, practice, and experience can borrow money from the bank. The process of borrowing money from a bank is also not easy, you have to provide collateral for the amount of money you borrow during the loan period. And you have to pay off the monthly installments.

If you feel confident in your investment plan, and have carried out a feasibility study on your investment, what is the profit scheme then borrowing money from the bank is the same as selling something of your goods to a bank as collateral and transferring it to crypto investing then if you are successful you can pay off the collateral that you have given to the bank. If you fail you may lose your collateral. However, I just remind you this is a high-risk high-return man. Good Luck.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1655
To the Moon
December 18, 2020, 11:59:56 AM
...What do you think of taking loan(s) to invest in crypto? What's your input? Have any of you done this already? Isn't this crazy?

Investing in cryptocurrency with credit money will be a very high-risk operation. Such an investment has nothing to do with investing in a real business that has a business plan. And the bank, having studied the purpose of such lending, should refuse to grant you a loan.
Activity: 1218
Merit: 513
December 18, 2020, 11:55:15 AM
If you are a regular Twitter user and happen to follow a bunch of influencers or investors, there are high chances that you will have gone through some of the tweets claiming someone has borrowed a loan from bank to just invest into crypto. If not yet, check it here. Well, this is one really  interesting topic so I though why not discuss here.

What do you think of taking loan(s) to invest in crypto? What's your input? Have any of you done this already? Isn't this crazy?

Nope, nope, nope. This is the last thing you should do. I would never take a loan to invest in crypto.

The only time I like taking loans is where you know how to make more than the interest. But nobody knows what will happens tomorrow after the current bull run.
Activity: 1210
Merit: 100
December 18, 2020, 11:41:44 AM
I don't fall into that category and have never done this before because I don't want to take high risks by borrowing money from the bank just to invest in cryptoqurrency. My advice is that you should never dare to take that risk if you cannot predict the consequences and risks as well.
Activity: 1063
Merit: 253
Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin
December 18, 2020, 11:28:23 AM
When you are using loan to invest in crypto and you must also think about how you can pay your loan and interest. The return in crypto can't be predicted. you can lose your money even in a few seconds.
you should invest what you can afford to lose dude. it's too risky to invest with your loan.
Forget this and move on.
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1003
December 18, 2020, 11:08:05 AM
Don`t ever barrow or take a loan if your going to invest in crypto its a gamble and the risk is too high even seasoned traders will advice you not to take one, if you have some altcoin in your position even if its not a thousand  you can start from there don`t get dragged in a get rich quick type of investment.
Activity: 1435
Merit: 250
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
December 18, 2020, 10:50:04 AM
absolutely not. It doesn't apply to me personally, to others who don't really know. I love cryptoqurrency, but I'm not too crazy about it, I mean borrowing money from private companies or BANK just for crypto investment. I would rather spin the funds using the coins generated from the bounty and invest in as many BTC, ETH or coins as we want.
Activity: 798
Merit: 101
December 18, 2020, 10:43:02 AM
The operation of borrowing to buy cryptocurrency. I personally do not recommend this. Cryptocurrency is very unstable. If you use a loan to buy cryptocurrency, it will stress your life and cause yourself trouble. This operation is not recommended. For purchasing cryptocurrency, I want to use pocket money. Buy this way, it will reduce your stress. Not afraid of loss.
Activity: 946
Merit: 105
December 18, 2020, 10:42:12 AM
Taking margin loans is going to be a good strategy while you are trading for short time. That is also a type of loan and would increase your profit and loss by a multiple of times. Buying crypto with a loan money for holding it and selling at high could be a bad idea as we could never be sure when the price would boost again. Specially during such time when the price are at their all time high.
Activity: 1414
Merit: 228
Omicron is another FUD
December 18, 2020, 07:45:41 AM
snip..
making loans only to invest in crypto when bitcoin is bullish like currently very risky.  imagine how big the risk is if you borrow money at the bank and buy Bitcoin at the current price, are you sure that you will profit? because the market correction (bearish) is definitely waiting ahead.  making a loan is a good thing when you do it when the market is in red condition like last March..
Activity: 2184
Merit: 100
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
December 18, 2020, 07:45:09 AM
I won't advise anyone to take a loan to invest in the Cryptos as we know it's a highly volatile market So one must always prepare he/she can lose too if he invests in this market. If he/she understands the risk of loss he/she can take a loan otherwise it's not advisable to anyone. Even one of my friends took a loan 3 years back to invest in the PURA coin and today PURA is not listed to any exchange so he booked total loss and in huge debt now. So one must be very careful while taking any investment decision through a loan.
Activity: 504
Merit: 10
umachit.fund
December 18, 2020, 07:17:05 AM
I used to think that was crazy. Bitcoin has been giving overconfidence lately.
If Bitcoin continues like this for a while, I can take a loan. It is definitely not investment advice  Grin
Activity: 2254
Merit: 258
December 18, 2020, 06:53:47 AM

It depends on the situation and the time, timing is very important, if you take a loan on the month of August with maturity in the month of February and you invest it right away in Cryptocurrency and you are still holding it until now, if you sell it now then you are in a huge profit, but this is not always a case, because there's always volatility in the market.
Pages:
Jump to: