Pages:
Author

Topic: Sia - Siafund Redemption Deadline: June 1st, 2015 - page 19. (Read 68743 times)

Activity: 543
Merit: 501
You can use Nxt Asset Exchange to buy shares ('sianote' asset)

We (the developers) are not selling Sianotes any more, but one of the advantages of using the Nxt AE is that a few other people are selling shares that they bought earlier. Especially if you post a buy at a high enough price, you will be able to get your hands on some.

I believe right now there are a few available for 3100, which is the price we (the developers) were selling them for at the end of the fund-raiser.
Activity: 72
Merit: 11
Am I late into the party???

You can use Nxt Asset Exchange to buy shares ('sianote' asset)
Activity: 73
Merit: 10

This is a torrent. 0 idea. want to fuck money "free"
Activity: 25
Merit: 0
Am I late into the party???
Activity: 72
Merit: 11
Great idea, interesting project. Good luck
Hi David,

Can you please confirm receipt of my btc deposit via email when you get a chance please.

Smiley

Yes, I have received your coins, will be sending the sianotes in the next few minutes.

=====================================

I'm announcing the close of our IPO. We will no longer be accepting Bitcoins for sianotes. 27 sianotes are still available on the AE for 3100 each, once these are sold there will be no more added.

Thank you very much for participating.
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000
Hi David,

Can you please confirm receipt of my btc deposit via email when you get a chance please.

Smiley
When i saw coolness factor for second i was thinking it would be coin that would lower heating necessary for mining.

Well, it's sort of more friendly. With Bitcoin, nothing is happening except heat is being produced. The calculations used for mining are completely worthless for general computing, and the rigs used for mining can't even be repurposed to do anything else (except break certain hash schemes, I suppose.)

Sia on the other hand uses its 'protection' algorithm to produce storage that is available to the general public. So while it's not 'free' in the same sense that a POS (how do we distinguish between proof-of-storage and proof-of-stake?) currency doesn't burn energy, Sia does replace the general datacenter, providing two functions at once. Overall I think Sia would be better for the ecosystem. But the other benefit is economic, because storage on Sia can only be acquired using Siacoins, which causes inherent demand for the Siacoin that's directly related to the value of the storage on Sia.

< this isn't strictly true... Sia relies heavily on fully random numbers, which ends up being very difficult to pull off in a quorum, potentially impossible. The solution we've chosen is a proof-of-work model (and actually, you can just use the existing Bitcoin blockchain), which damages the environmental argument because our random number generation is just as wasteful as traditional POW currencies >

Still I don't understand why both SCN and STK when it could be easily one.

What is unclear? Did you read the economic model?

Siacoin is supposed to be inflationary, because we want to keep the emphasis of the value on the people who are actively contributing to Sia. With Bitcoin, people who provided $1000 worth of mining in the first 6 months have hundreds of thousands of dollars of reward today. Imagine if instead that hundreds of thousands of dollars was going to todays miners. The hashrate would be higher, and the currency would probably also be more stable ("more stable", though I doubt stable enough to defeat the instability argument).

At the same time, we need a way to feed ourselves. At this stage, that meant doing fundraising, which meant we needed some convincing source of value for our investors. Selling a coin that's permanently inflationary didn't sound too attractive to me. The other thing is that I've always felt like premining is a "dirty" way to get money for the developers. It's not clear exactly how much value the developers will have, and there's a large potential for the early adopters to have control over the markets. Someone owning 1% of a currency can perform massive manipulations, and if they're good at manipulating the market they will profit greatly at everyone else's expense.

Siastock derives its value from Siacoin, but the reverse is not true. If someone performs a massive pump-and-dump on Siastock, only Siastock holders will be affected. This rests well with me, because Siastock is designed to be highly speculative. It's where the greatest opportunity for making money is. But it shelters the people who just want to use Sia for storage, as they will be using exclusively Siacoin. Over time (after the initial explosive growth of Sia... [fingers crossed]), the Siacoin should be stable in an inflationary direction, and ultimately a poor long term investment. Siastock on the other hand gains value as Sia gains value, and is a fantastic investment (though risky) for anyone who's confident that Sia as a whole will continue to gain value.

I think that separating Siacoin from Siastock will end up being one of the defining improvements of Sia over other cryptocurrencies.
Activity: 71
 , take brain up..It would be great to integrate it with subtitle support by community into opensource XBMC.
Activity: 93
Wasn't the price supposed to be 2400?

The original price was 2400, but we sold 1/2 of the supply in under 24 hours. So we raised the price. It's been 3 days and we're down to the last 10% shares, so I'm trying to stretch them out.

You can still buy them for 1BTC = 5 sianotes following the BTC method.

I'm not sure how many shares are on the AE at this point but I'm not planning on releasing any more to the AE. (I think there's like 65 available @ 3100 each). After that I'll leave 1 more day (tomorrow) for BTC sales and then the pre-IPO will be complete.

We've hit our funding goal! This is a big deal and we're very pleased with all the support we've gotten from the community. Stay tuned over the next 6 months, we're going to try and have an alpha version released every 30 days or so. The first alpha release will most likely be a single quorum (128 participants) storing a set of files with wallets and intra-quorum transactions.

Congrats, I buy 10 sianotes, good luke!!!

You r really lucky. I didn't expect it would sell in a minute.
Activity: 301
Merit: 250

The original price was 2400, but we sold 1/2 of the supply in under 24 hours. So we raised the price. It's been 3 days and we're down to the last 10% shares, so I'm trying to stretch them out.

I'm not sure how many shares are on the AE at this point but I'm not planning on releasing any more to the AE. (I think there's like 65 available @ 3100 each). After that I'll leave 1 more day (tomorrow) for BTC sales and then the pre-IPO will be complete.

We've hit our funding goal! This is a big deal and we're very pleased with all the support we've gotten from the community. Stay tuned over the next 6 months, we're going to try and have an alpha version released every 30 days or so. The first alpha release will most likely be a single quorum (128 participants) storing a set of files with wallets and intra-quorum transactions.

Congrats, I buy 10 sianotes, good luck!!!
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
When i saw coolness factor for second i was thinking it would be coin that would lower heating necessary for mining.

Still I don't understand why both SCN and STK when it could be easily one.

Activity: 93
Update on the IPO.

As of right now, There are 147 sianotes that are still for sale. 49 of these are currently on the AE at 3100 each.
Activity: 644
Merit: 500

I didn't invest because frankly I didn't see the thread prior to IPO closure.

How is this Nxt fault if you didn't see the IPO that was open to everyone for 2 months? As for Nem, even if we assume there are no sock puppets and it really has 3000 stakeholders, the world population is 7 billion, so that is very "unfair" distribution too.  You can never have "fair distribution". BTC has even worse distribution with just 1 person holding 10%.  What matters is future adoption and use by wider community, merchants and general public.

Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Hi,

Can you post the Reed Solomon version of the Nxt address used to issue your asset on the AE? (The version that looks like NXT-sdfcdD-2Dwwe- etc etc )

This is now default in the NRS v1.1.3.

Could you post it here for me to pick up later >>> https://nxtforum.org/index.php?action=pm;f=inbox;sort=date;start=0

Thanks  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000
Just sent a email to David and Luke about investing in the IPO at the original rate since i PMed them about investing using BTC before the rate change.
Update on the IPO.

As of right now, There are 147 sianotes that are still for sale. 49 of these are currently on the AE at 3100 each.
Activity: 187
Merit: 100
Why did you decide go via the NXT AE?, that method enriches/favors NXT holders and means putting in additional steps to buy the shares for investors who aren't holding NXT. and additional steps for the issuer to cashout to BTC. It's a tedious process to sell often via BTER and means taking haircuts either side if the liquidity is not there . Basically a lose/lose unless you as issuer are planning on accumulating NXT or a buyer already rich in NXT

I want to invest in SIA but don't want to hold NXT because the distribution method is one of the most disproportionately skewed to few individuals in recent memory (early NXT IPO backers, some presumably who used socks to register multiple stakes have already profitted enough), I would rather not support that in any way. You could of made a BTC denominated offering directly using CounterParty (without requirement for any XCP token) and open ownership of siastock to whole crypto community, without having to sell the shares in background via PM's and undertake complicated manual book-keeping to ensure you don't oversell shares and so forth.. Addtionally because that method is on-top of bitcoin blockchain it will be transparent and auditable for anyone to look at so there will be no cries of fraud like with maidsafe IPO.. An example of an IPO issuance on counterparty is below http://blockscan.com/assetInfo.aspx?q=ROCKMINER

You'll find that Nxt today has a better distribution than BTC so it is odd that you promote BTC over Nxt (I wasn't an early investor).

NXT were brought for total of 21 btc between ~73 stakeholders
current valuation~ 71,450 BTC (very short time later)

340238% profit for lucky few. And how many used alt-accounts to register multiple stakes?

http://87.230.14.1/nxt/nxt.cgi?action=34

not better distribution by any stretch of the imagination as far as I can see.

As far as argument against bitcoin distribution goes. (Excluding satoshis mined stash, which for all we know will be distributed evenly in an act of charity) A huge amount of early coins from 2009- 2011 will never be touched again because the private keys are completely destroyed. Bitcoin was a new paradigm. 1-cpu one vote and anyone could join in
THERE WILL BE Another unfair IPO of Nxt .
All participants are Nxt big stake holders
Nxt is born for unfairness.
guys, lets not hijack this thread of the Sia project Smiley
lets move the discussion to a move relevant topic/tread .

cheers

Made a new topic. Put a response there. TL;DR: I am happy with using Nxt, and I don't think it's current skewed distribution is anything to worry about.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/sias-use-of-the-nxt-ae-609322
Pages:
Jump to: