Pages:
Author

Topic: Sia - Siafund Redemption Deadline: June 1st, 2015 - page 22. (Read 68743 times)

Activity: 313
Merit: 250
Just so everyones on the same page:
You are valuing your project at 1666 BTC or $733,333.00

Three quarters of a million dollars for something that is little more than an idea and a little bit of code at this point.
Please keep in mind people that if you are investing in this, you are agreeing to that valuation.

Also by asking for investors to cover your expenses while you develop you are shifting all the risk from yourself onto the investors. If it flops or if you can't make it work; at least you got paid a nice salary while you were doing it.

Expecting others to foot 100% of the risk is a shady way of doing business I think.

If you really need the money for expenses you could have a seperated escrow system that pays you out a fraction per month for a certain amount of time.

For example you could receive 20% a month, every month, for 5 months.

Assuming you sell out of the IPO, this would equate to $22,000 a month. Don't try to tell us that your expenses would cost your more than 22K a month. You would have to rent quite a few Lamborghini's to make that happen. If you need more time you could split the escrow into 10 parts equaling $11,000 a month. Anyone and their entire family could live quite comfortable with that kind of cash so I can't think of a reason why this wouldn't work (2 team members? easy! $5,500 a month each! 3 team members? easy! $3,666 a month each!).

In this scenario, your expenses are covered, and if you don't produce anything after a month at least 80% of the funds are saved (or 60%, or 40%, etc etc, atleast you are protecting investors in some way).

Please provide a valid reason as to why this system would not work.

Indeed the 2400nxt for 1 sianote ratio seems very imbalanced. Especially when you realize this is a pre-IPO were 95% of the project if not more is still just an idea.
Activity: 322
Im on for the giveaway.
Activity: 350
Vires in Numeris
Just so everyones on the same page:
You are valuing your project at 1666 BTC or $733,333.00

Three quarters of a million dollars for something that is little more than an idea and a little bit of code at this point.
Please keep in mind people that if you are investing in this, you are agreeing to that valuation.

Also by asking for investors to cover your expenses while you develop you are shifting all the risk from yourself onto the investors. If it flops or if you can't make it work; at least you got paid a nice salary while you were doing it.

Expecting others to foot 100% of the risk is a shady way of doing business I think.

If you really need the money for expenses you could have a seperated escrow system that pays you out a fraction per month for a certain amount of time.

For example you could receive 20% a month, every month, for 5 months.

Assuming you sell out of the IPO, this would equate to $22,000 a month. Don't try to tell us that your expenses would cost your more than 22K a month. You would have to rent quite a few Lamborghini's to make that happen. If you need more time you could split the escrow into 10 parts equaling $11,000 a month. Anyone and their entire family could live quite comfortable with that kind of cash so I can't think of a reason why this wouldn't work (2 team members? easy! $5,500 a month each! 3 team members? easy! $3,666 a month each!).

In this scenario, your expenses are covered, and if you don't produce anything after a month at least 80% of the funds are saved (or 60%, or 40%, etc etc, atleast you are protecting investors in some way).

Please provide a valid reason as to why this system would not work.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1004
Please post BTC address for direct investment. 
Activity: 767
Merit: 500
Never back down !!!
Someone bought at 9,000 nxt. I think you should put more orders now

Probably due to a mistake.
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000
Can you guys list a public BTC address in the OP for us to send it to?
Activity: 313
Announcement!

Our asset on the Nxt AE is live!

Very smart decision...  Nxt AE is SMOOTH LIKE BUTTER!!!    Cool

Edit:  IF you do not manage to sell all available shares...  is there any chance you will decrease the amount of shares (< 10000)...  thus increasing the percentage equivalent of each purchased share?  Not that I am hoping for the pre-IPO and IPO to not do well...  but leaving such window open might be a good incentive for people to participate...  due to the possibility of receiving some type of bonus percentage per share if we end up with limited participation.

+1
Someone bought at 9,000 nxt. I think you should put more orders now
Activity: 20
Merit: 0
Glad to see more interest in the coin.Keep up the good work!
Activity: 199
Merit: 101
seem a scam?
Activity: 594
Merit: 500
it is too hard to catch you
Activity: 21
About Sia's Technology

Activity: 543
Merit: 501
Announcement!

Our asset on the Nxt AE is live!

SiaNotes

Ticker symbol
SIAN
What is it? 
Decentralized Cloud Storage Network, , bitcointalk thread
What percentage of the company is being sold? 
15%
How many shares to be sold?
1500 (out of 10,000)
What price will they be sold at?
2400 NXT (subject to change with exchange rates - raising 250 BTC total)
Nxtforum discussion
https://nxtforum.org/alternate-cryptocurrencies/sia-official-nxt-thread/
Other sites
www.siacoin.com
bitcointalk thread
Nxt account used to issue assets
Account ID: 13179792715523067888
Asset ID: 11593659039925686857
Asset Name: sianote

The process has changed slightly. I have made 10,000 sianotes available through the Nxt AE. At the launch of Sia, each sianote will convert to 0.01% stock. 10,000 = 100% stock. Only 15% is for sale, meaning that throughout our whole pre-IPO, only 1500 sianotes will be sold. The price works out to 2400 NXT each. This is slightly different from numbers previously stated, and this is the final way that it will work (can't change, as we are live!). As of right now, 100 are for sale, and over the next 3 weeks I will keep adding more until 1500 total have been sold.

When I get nxt, they will be converted directly to USD to safeguard ourselves from the volatility of cryptocurrency. Bitcoin has been relatively stable for the past month but I want to minimize risk.

If you do not want to deal with nxt, you can send me bitcoins directly and I'll mark you down on a sheet. At any time, you can request the number of sianotes that you bought and I will send them to your nxt account. I actually prefer that all large transactions occur this way, because I get to avoid a 0.2% transaction fee that occurs when converting from nxt to btc. (It's not a big deal though, if you are more comfortable directly using the AE, feel free to do so.)

===========

I thought you had already decided that the 15% pre-IPO will be 5000 shares...  is it safe to assume that you're aiming for a breakdown of the 3.9 total Siastock into ~39000 shares?

I'm not sure what the best volume is for direct Siastock. Before converting any sianotes to siastock however, the number of siastock will be locked in. For example, if I decide to use 1 total siastock, each sianote will convert to 0.0001 siastock. If I decide to use 10000 siastock, each sianote will convert directly to 1 siastock. Regardless of how many siastock there are, exactly 3.9% of all host income (for renting out storage) on Sia will be distributed among the owners of Siastock every block. Having an exact number is just a convention, which is why right now I'm operating purely in percentages.
Sorry if I missed this somehow...  but what will be the total amount of Siastock?

...not in reference to the initial 15% pre-IPO but in general...

thnx   Smiley

So, I really want to make 3.9 total Siastock, since the host fee is 3.9%. If you have 1 Siastock that means you get 1% of all host fees on the network. It makes it very easy to convert the amount of Siastock you have to the % of host fees that you get.

But 3.9 is a pretty non-conventional number, and will require many decimals of precision. Ultimately, I haven't decided.
Activity: 56
This coin looks very innovative, and I think it is a very noteworthy thing!
Activity: 25
when is the ipo on nxt?
sorry, what  ever your project is so power and amazing ,without escrow , i'm out.

without escrow , i'm out too.

I understand. I also hope that you understand; we need the money before we can finish the coin. If we could get to 100btc without escrow, we could take escrow until there's an alpha. But then there's the same sort of issue: an alpha is certainly not a full coin, and would not be released under the pretence of being a full coin.

Sia is not programmed yet (well, it's partially programmed). It will take us several months to get to get to the full coin, and we will run out of money long before then. If you're willing to do something like a 3 month escrow (no Bitcoins for us until an alpha... or something like that), we might be able to make it work out. But we need to eat, we need electricity and internet, and we need a place to sleep.

The other thing that we have over the other scams is that our identities are fully public. I'm David Vorick, the other dev is Luke Champine. We were Ycombinator finalists under the idea for Sia, but were turned away for being several months from completion. You can email me directly, and you can email Luke directly to confirm our identities. ([email protected])

If there's any mid-step you will accept as opposed to waiting until Sia is fully developed, we are happy to consider escrow. We are legitimate, and we are willing to take large steps to prove it. We understand the huge aversion to buying into an IPO without escrow, because anybody could be running a scam. If you are interested in the coin and want to get involved, consider what would make you willing to trust us, and let us know. We are not anonymous developers.

The other thing is that Sia will be having a second IPO (a real IPO) once the currency is completed. For this, escrow will certainly be used but the price will also be much higher, at least 10x as expensive if not much more. Investing at this early stage represents greater risk but also much greater reward.

Do you know there are someone steal your thought? Stroagecoin, copied everything from Siacoin

Yes I've been in at least one thread with Storagecoin. Whoever runs the account 'Storagecoin' can hardly speak english, I don't know how he can convincingly pass as the writer of the whitepaper that he stole. Additionally, the source code he uploaded (at first, idk if he's fixed it now) has my name (David Vorick) in it. Furthermore, the whitepaper being presented is several months old, has hand-drawn images (my own drawings as it were), and is severly flawed in a few ways (that we've since fixed). Anybody who does their due diligence on storagecoin at this point will reveal the scam almost immediately.

====================

I just wanted to say again, we're willing to take extra steps to prove ourselves as legitimate. We realize that many of you will never take a risk without escrow, which is why at the moment we are only collecting enough money to get by until the launch of Sia. Sia has been my pet project for 10 months now, and we've just recently kicked it into full gear. You can see our github page and our commit history. If you feel so compelled, you can open an issue in the issue tracker asking us to confirm this thread. I'm not sure what else would put you at ease, but feel free to make suggestions.

I'm really interested in this idea, I struggled about whether or not to invest storagecoin. Now seem that I was right not to join in stc.
I believe u, and I think I will invest even without escrow, it will be better if there is.
I will keep eye on this. If you are going to start IPO, PM me.  Grin
U
Activity: 503
Merit: 106
IPO ETA?
Activity: 257
the acceptable way is find a trustworthy  escrow, dev made a detail plan , just like 5 steps , when you finish first step,escrow release 2% ,when you finish step 2, release 4% to you ,finished step 3 ,release 8%,when you show us beta version and test ok ,then 20%, finial version will be release all.
There is a second problem without the use of an escrow.

If you fail with the programming and you decide to stop it and give up. We will not get our money back, obviously cause you already spent it for living expenses.

This is true, except that neither Luke nor I will stop working on Sia regardless of what happens. If we run out of money, we'll take full time jobs and work on Sia in our spare time. If prior experience is any indication, Sia would still get at least 20hrs a week from each of us. Things would move slower, but we'd be committed to finishing what we accepted money to finish.

Maybe you can add some juice. 15% is not much.

So you want to sell 15% for 250BTC.  What happened if you get just 100BTC? The 15% will be distributed among the 100BTC invistors right?

We'll have to see what the market thinks. We've already got several large investors interested (>5 btc) and we haven't even started yet. We don't need everybody to be willing to pay this price, only enough to hit 250btc. I feel pretty confident that we can get very close.

If we only get to 100BTC, what will happen is we'll stop the IPO (after 2 weeks). At 100BTC we'll be able to develop for several months and have much more to show for our efforts, and we'll be a much less risky option. As the funds start to run dry, we'll continue the IPO and sell the remaining X% for a higher price. (less risk, higher price). I'm quite confident that we can hit 100BTC.
Pages:
Jump to: