Pages:
Author

Topic: Sidehack stick solo pool club - page 10. (Read 27076 times)

legendary
Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
October 01, 2015, 10:18:51 PM
Individual sticks on kano.is can only generate dust which amounts to no pay. Imagine if the 'smaller' donations were sent to kano under an umbrella account, under phil's control, so that the combined effort could reap  some incoming coin. Larger doners could of course maintain their visibility on the club roster. It's fun to mine, but it's also fun to receive a little bitty payout once in a while.
Well - no pay ... yet ... ...

One day I'll have dust balance payouts setup ... in the distant future Tongue

Your account doesn't lose the dust, the total reward due it still there - it's just missing the subtraction of the blockchain payout transactions to show the balance of dust due.
legendary
Activity: 4158
Merit: 8049
'The right to privacy matters'
October 01, 2015, 09:34:30 PM
Activity: 331
Merit: 250
October 01, 2015, 07:15:24 PM
Individual sticks on kano.is can only generate dust which amounts to no pay.  
Incorrect.  With the current size of the Kano ckpool you need about 13-14GH/s or so at the full 5Nd to receive a payment greater than the pool dust threshold (10,000 satoshi).  This is easily achievable with a single stick.  I currently have 2 compacs @ 225 freq pointed at kano.is for about 20-24GH average and I'm seeing almost 30,000 satoshi per block (these two compacs run on a computer that's on all the time and I don't pay electricity, so I look at it as free microearnings).

Yea, had mine pointed there as another worker, so it was added to my other hash.

But this time I mixed the pools up and mined to the club address for ~ 6 or 7 hours (maybe longer?).
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
October 01, 2015, 06:25:35 PM
Individual sticks on kano.is can only generate dust which amounts to no pay.  
Incorrect.  With the current size of the Kano ckpool you need about 13-14GH/s or so at the full 5Nd to receive a payment greater than the pool dust threshold (10,000 satoshi).  This is easily achievable with a single stick.  I currently have 2 compacs @ 225 freq pointed at kano.is for about 20-24GH average and I'm seeing almost 30,000 satoshi per block (these two compacs run on a computer that's on all the time and I don't pay electricity, so I look at it as free microearnings).
legendary
Activity: 1150
Merit: 1004
October 01, 2015, 06:06:08 PM
If you are mining with a single cgminer at diff D with G GHs of hardware then you'll expect, on average:
 1 share every (D * 2^32) / (G * 10^9) seconds
Yeah that's obvious Smiley of course.

Or to simplify it you get 1 share every ~4.3 * D / G seconds
So at G = 32, a D of 32 will mean ~4.3 seconds per share, on average.

Anyway, yes your share rate depends on your total hash rate G vs the difficulty you are using D
So if you double G and keep D the same, then yes you'll get, on average, twice as many shares.

Your miner should also show a WU value that matches that anyway (but in shares per minute)

Great info! Thanks for the formula.

Interestingly enough, I had already settled on a difficulty of 32 before reading this. But the way I got there was not mathematical at all.

Basically I watched the log entries go by mumbling "one Mississippi, two Mississippi, ..." until it got to around 5 seconds per share Wink
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068
October 01, 2015, 04:22:52 PM
Individual sticks on kano.is can only generate dust which amounts to no pay. Imagine if the 'smaller' donations were sent to kano under an umbrella account, under phil's control, so that the combined effort could reap  some incoming coin. Larger doners could of course maintain their visibility on the club roster. It's fun to mine, but it's also fun to receive a little bitty payout once in a while.

The hash rate is so tiny, it's not productive to donate that way. Just put the hashrate toward the lottery prize, that way in the infinitesimal chance where it will find a block, the club will benefit greatly.

Otherwise, a collective dust payout is still a grain of sand in the desert of money being thrown at this club to make it work. Just see how much rented hashrate Phil is putting toward this. The value of the hardware and the cost of the electricity.
Activity: 223
Merit: 100
October 01, 2015, 03:01:43 PM
legendary
Activity: 1274
October 01, 2015, 12:54:17 PM
and copied  stratum.kano.is over (was only ~ 23-24 gh for ~ 6-7 hours), instead of of solo.ckpool.org (and kano's just got a block about 45 min ago). So a little extra to add to a payout if we get lucky and get a block.  Smiley

If you had it pointed there for long enough to max out the 5Nd that hash would have been rewarded about 30,000 satoshi; for only 6 hours it probably didn't generate enough shares to make it over the dust payout threshold.
legendary
October 01, 2015, 12:32:03 PM
Should I want to add my SP20 for a day or two, do I just use the wallet address without my .alhstick suffix? I would guess that's right, but just thought I would ask.

In this case i believe it would be .alhdonation;

http://solo.ckpool.org/workers/1JiWuyX94wrCr7JhkAn7x5qNMCEef1KhqX.alhdonation

Your worker name;
1JiWuyX94wrCr7JhkAn7x5qNMCEef1KhqX.alhdonation
on stratum+tcp://solo.ckpool.org:3333

I am unsure if this let you obtain a share if you did not buy a stick as well.
alh
legendary
Activity: 1843
Merit: 1050
October 01, 2015, 12:30:07 PM
Should I want to add my SP20 for a day or two, do I just use the wallet address without my .alhstick suffix? I would guess that's right, but just thought I would ask.
legendary
October 01, 2015, 11:02:46 AM
Time for a little boost

and I also boosted with todays hash rental at west hash

F #659367   0.0082   5.00   

Remaining: 0.01052965 BTC

we are pulling 0ver 14th

http://solo.ckpool.org/users/1JiWuyX94wrCr7JhkAn7x5qNMCEef1KhqX
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003
October 01, 2015, 10:24:21 AM
Time for a little boost
legendary
October 01, 2015, 09:49:45 AM
LOL, the club might be getting it's first dust payment sometime in the future.

Was playing with the pools and copied  stratum.kano.is over (was only ~ 23-24 gh for ~ 6-7 hours), instead of of solo.ckpool.org (and kano's just got a block about 45 min ago). So a little extra to add to a payout if we get lucky and get a block.  Smiley

Haha, i'm sure Phil won't mind putting that dust toward the split, if we ever get one, but i'm not sure if such little amount over n5 share can be paid out?
Activity: 331
Merit: 250
October 01, 2015, 09:38:27 AM
LOL, the club might be getting it's first dust payment sometime in the future.

Was playing with the pools and copied  stratum.kano.is over (was only ~ 23-24 gh for ~ 6-7 hours), instead of of solo.ckpool.org (and kano's just got a block about 45 min ago). So a little extra to add to a payout if we get lucky and get a block.  Smiley
legendary
October 01, 2015, 08:28:03 AM
Thanks for letting me join late, I appreciate it.

Should have 2 sticks cooking along at about 20GH at this time. Best of luck to us!!!

You are up and make  the 26 member.
alh
legendary
Activity: 1843
Merit: 1050
October 01, 2015, 12:42:09 AM
Thanks for letting me join late, I appreciate it.

Should have 2 sticks cooking along at about 20GH at this time. Best of luck to us!!!
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006
September 30, 2015, 11:37:28 PM
Should we have a limit at some point?  How many members are we shooting for?

I thought about having multiple groups at once, that that is kinda a pain and would suck if one group get's lucky and other does not.  So I think staying to one group is best.
too much work

as for a limit  twentyfive -thirty after that shares get too low

you can have 100 users with 8ghs sticks and if the pool gets a block you would still make more btc then you would get in 100 months of mining. which is over 8 years..

Part of the fun is the chance of big win.  If we go into 100's it's not near as fun.   

With low costs to run these we can run them for a very long time.  Chances of hitting block are small yes... but still fun to try.

with the block reward halving we might see a huge crash in the bitcoin netowrk.. these smaller miners might be the only thing running unless the price of bitcoin doubles or they come up with miners that cost half as much to run.
legendary
Activity: 1456
September 30, 2015, 11:32:49 PM

I thought about having multiple groups at once, that that is kinda a pain and would suck if one group get's lucky and other does not.  So I think staying to one group is best.
too much work

you can have 100 users with 8ghs sticks and if the pool gets a block you would still make more btc then you would get in 100 months of mining. which is over 8 years..

Part of the fun is the chance of big win.  If we go into 100's it's not near as fun.   

With low costs to run these we can run them for a very long time.  Chances of hitting block are small yes... but still fun to try.
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006
September 30, 2015, 11:30:28 PM

too much work

legendary
September 30, 2015, 11:21:58 PM
Should we have a limit at some point?  How many members are we shooting for?

I thought about having multiple groups at once, that that is kinda a pain and would suck if one group get's lucky and other does not.  So I think staying to one group is best.
too much work

as for a limit  twentyfive -thirty after that shares get too low
Pages:
Jump to: