Pages:
Author

Topic: Signature campaigns and bitcoin price - page 3. (Read 3207 times)

legendary
Activity: 994
Merit: 1000
April 27, 2016, 08:31:16 AM
I was wondering what will happen to bitcointalk forum's signature campaigns if bitcoin price reach very high say $10,000 per bitcoin? will campaign continue to run as current payouts which would be in thousands dollar per member or will all campaigns suddenly come to halt because nobody would want to spend their coins
No they will change the payrate even when price get up by 30%. This has happened also before so it will happen in future too. There are only few campaigns which have not changed their rate when even price get up by 50%. Depends upon campaign runner and manager and i also think its good idea for them to reduce pay per post rate according to market movement (only in big moves).
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179
April 27, 2016, 06:01:10 AM
Rates will be adjusted for obvious reasons, but it also depends on how a service with a signature campaign is getting its income.

If it generates BTC income only, then they can keep offering high rates as they don't have to buy them.

But if they have to buy their coins with $$$ to pay out signature participants, then rates will be lower than a service gaining their revenue solely with Bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1000
April 27, 2016, 05:51:19 AM
It's happened before when the price rose, some campaigns adjusted their payout rates.  There was some chaos as one campaign that I can't remember the name of changed their rates mid period instead of waiting until the next period.  Although I think in most of the campaign now it will be stated that payment rates can change so there are no surprises.

At the end of the day they are all businesses and they need to make money as well as get exposure, the amount of bitcoin paid will be adjusted as the price rises and hopefully the same would be the case if the price dropped.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
April 27, 2016, 05:40:21 AM
When i was here before the rewards from the campaign are high unlike now.. and i think if the price of bitcoin goes up and up the rate of campaign will decrease and they are just relay in the value of bitcoin.. so for now better to collect your bitcoins in signature campaign to make  profit for the future..  because we see that the price is increasing day by day and i think more increase it will affect our campaign in services section... the rates will decrease when the value of bitcoin was increasing...
Activity: 959
Merit: 500
April 27, 2016, 04:44:30 AM
Of course there have to be adjustments at some point.
Otherwise campaign runners would have to pay a lot more for the same work they get in return. That makes no sense if you look at it the economic way.
The question is how to make those adjustments. They can either decrease the amount they pay per post or reduce the number of payed posts.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023
Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron
April 27, 2016, 04:18:02 AM
I am sure there will be price adjustments so it's good to try and be active and collect the maximum we can from our campaigns. I was very busy of late and had some personal family health issues to deal with but now I am active again so it's quite nice.  Smiley
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
April 27, 2016, 03:42:47 AM
Based on recent events, yobit signature campaign to tighten the rules, and I think this is due to the growth of Bitcoin course.
And as you say, at a price of $ 10,000, I would not think any campaign, it is very costly. Or will pay a very small amount.
Activity: 504
April 27, 2016, 03:32:44 AM
I was wondering what will happen to bitcointalk forum's signature campaigns if bitcoin price reach very high say $10,000 per bitcoin? will campaign continue to run as current payouts which would be in thousands dollar per member or will all campaigns suddenly come to halt because nobody would want to spend their coins
It will be re adjusted if the price go high up to even $1000 i see some signature campaigns have already done this scenario during december 2015 when price shifted from $230-$350 secondstrade, bit-x reduced their payrates in btc while magical dice  shifted their pay rates to fiat so itll be evenly balanced.
yeah of course depends on the rate of bitcoin. if the price rises of course almost all owner signature campaign will reduce their post rate. it was not a problem for us Cheesy
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
April 27, 2016, 03:24:28 AM
I think i will stop btc for a while and enjoy an outside life.
Activity: 2310
Merit: 532
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
April 27, 2016, 03:21:37 AM
For now its impossible to reach $10000 but who knows.
Payment will be adjust a little and posting will decrease in my opinion.

If that happens we can see large number of users coming into our forum. I believe no more adjustment in price would happen as old campaigns continue with the same payment even during the days of increased bitcoin price.
Activity: 180
April 27, 2016, 02:37:43 AM
In my dream btc reach 10.000$. Signature campaign don't adjust and we're all allowed to spam on a dedicated forum making us rich doing nothing else than spamming some bullshit ... Wink
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1036
April 27, 2016, 12:52:43 AM
This happened last year when rate of BTC-USD soared to it's highest and I remember this is one of the reason why Coinut signature campaign was discontinued and magicaldice campaign used USD rates. A lot of campaigns at that time restructured their payouts but not those with automatic payments like Bitmixer.
mkc
Activity: 517
Merit: 501
April 27, 2016, 12:47:57 AM
Simple math, Campaign will pay out about  $3-$5. if Bitcoin worth $10000, then each week a person will get about 0.0003btc, that is for about 10-15 posts, so each post will worth about 0.00003 btc.

This is my estimation.
Activity: 2632
Merit: 787
Jack of all trades 💯
April 26, 2016, 11:43:22 PM
technically speaking some of these signature campaigns should never change their rate (like bitmixer that was the same as long as i remember) because their business only works in bitcoin like a dice site that people play with only bitcoin so their earning doesn't change so their ad funds are the same.

but in reality they will lower their rate by bitcoin price rising. and a couple have stopped advertising already because of this (paused!)

I beleive that also o think it cannot effect on signature earnings because they will earn big money to if it reach to high price and the campaign. Will go stronger because the site we campaigning is gaining more traffic and money because of sig campaign ads. But maybe some of them are closing because they see their site are not earning well and they well lose money if they continue it without gaining profit for themselves
legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 10611
April 26, 2016, 11:36:55 PM
technically speaking some of these signature campaigns should never change their rate (like bitmixer that was the same as long as i remember) because their business only works in bitcoin like a dice site that people play with only bitcoin so their earning doesn't change so their ad funds are the same.

but in reality they will lower their rate by bitcoin price rising. and a couple have stopped advertising already because of this (paused!)
Activity: 854
April 26, 2016, 10:57:10 PM
I think they will work with people but money will be smth like 0.001 btc or maybe less i don't know. But a lot of service need promotion and signature capaigns is good so they will work anyway.
Activity: 224
April 26, 2016, 10:26:51 PM
Go to signature campaigns and you can see that some of them already adjusting their prices or limiting the participants willing to join. This is just another way to adjust while the prices go high instead of closing the campaign. But, maybe if the price would go that high some of them will close.
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005
April 26, 2016, 09:54:02 PM

they are not a charity program, they pay us for advertising, it wouldn't be profitable for them to pay us thousands of dollars for ads.

just store the bitcoin you get now, and maybe in a couple of years you'll have earned a small fortune on posting on these forums while also learning more about bitcoin in the process.

maybe you will even learn enough and/or pick up some ideas you can use to set up your own bitcoin related company or something.

I wasn't an early adopter but i think in the really early days there were faucets and sig campaigns that gave away whole bitcoins. There were even IRCs where they gave away bitcoins by the 100s just for fun. Sad thing i didn't know about bitcoin back than, but keep in mind that bitcoins were not even worth cents back then. So 50 bitcoin was like $0.01 in total.
Activity: 420
April 26, 2016, 09:49:47 PM

It will but the price following the price of bitcoins. I mean, if the price of bitcoin $10.000, the rates for signature campaign will decrease and keep continue.
Activity: 280
April 26, 2016, 09:00:29 PM

Well that is a very good question but because bitcoin is not stable and if it will hit $1000 for these year(Hoping.. Grin)

And most probably the payment will depends in the value of bitcoin to US dollar for the reward in any campaigns.

So  guess the price will stay near the same to the price for what the price now,

As dollar goes high i think the sig would also increase. And think 10000 usd is a little too high and lets be realistic by that time then government will impose tax on it cause it a high price.
Pages:
Jump to: