Pages:
Author

Topic: SILENTARMY v5: Zcash miner, 115 sol/s on R9 Nano, 70 sol/s on GTX 1070 - page 88. (Read 209286 times)

Activity: 124
Merit: 10
i have installed silentarmy, no error with compilation but i have this result :

# ./silentarmy
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./silentarmy", line 542, in
    main()
  File "./silentarmy", line 539, in main
    Silentarmy(opts).run()
  File "./silentarmy", line 249, in run
    asyncio.ensure_future(self.reconnect())
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'ensure_future'
Activity: 588
Merit: 251
Marc, have you considered making NR_ROWS_LOG fixed at 20, and clearing cnt for each round?  Then each row would have only collisions at each round, avoiding the need to search for collisions.  Then NR_SLOTS/OVERHEAD could be significantly reduced.
To avoid time penalty for clearing the cnt values, instead of calling kernel_init_ht at each round, you could zero the count after checking the row.  When the DRAM page is already open to check the cnt value, the time cost of doing a write back to the same page (in fact, same 64-byte cache line) is minimal.

Yeah NR_ROWS_LOG is pretty much always compiled at 20. But I have to offer the other options because people want to mine with GPUs having very little memory. And I don't know if you checked the latest commits, but OVERHEAD has been lowered to 9 so 1 Equihash instance needs only 1.2 GB, and I recently made the exact change you suggested (clearing the counter after we are done using/reading it).

I think the vast majority (>95%) of miners have cards with at least 2GB RAM.  The kernel I designed (and only implemented a bit of prototype code) is quite similar to yours, but only supporting 2^20 sorting bins (or rows).  My design has 2 tables like yours (I consider it to be like double-buffering), but I hadn't thought of dividing the saved indexes between the two tables so they could fit in 28 bytes and leaving 4 bytes for the collision counter.
I did see the change of OVERHEAD from 13 to 9, but I hadn't noticed the counter reset at the end of the round.
https://github.com/mbevand/silentarmy/blob/master/input.cl#L568

Since you say you have to support options other than 2^20 rows, I'll probably fork your code and optimize it for 2^20.  I think it should give another 10% performance boost.  I also think even more performance can be attained by optimizing for the 256-byte stride size of the Polaris, Tonga, and Pitcairn GPUs.  Despite your comment in the code about odd values of OVERHEAD being best  for avoiding channel conflicts, I had found 12 was faster than 13 in my testing on Tonga and Pitcairn.
Activity: 548
Merit: 501
 Shocked Shocked

single R9-290:

Great job!!
Activity: 438
Merit: 250
if someone could compile this and make a windows executable he would be a hero

Be a hero yourself: install and run Linux! :-)

Seriously, I'll look into Windows support, but not for the next version. Maybe later.

I got the solver to build on Windows now, only to find out the miner logic was written in Python... Grin

You beat me to it Cheesy

I didn't get it to mine yet, but the solver exe and msvc files are here: https://github.com/Genoil/silentarmy/tree/windows

--edit-- there's an issue in the socket comms between the miner and the solvers.
don't bother. nicehash has made all the work already. And it works far better then yours ))
Only thing I miss is the -i parameter ))

This isn't about integrating the SA kernels into a Windows app. I was first with that anyway when each ZEC still got you over 2BTC.

This is about doing @mrb a return favor in getting a Windows version of his miner out early.

Anyway I'm running into unicode decoding issues communicating over stdin/out between the miner and the solver. I should get back to ZECMiner, solve some issues there. If anyone is interested in fixing it up, be my guest Smiley

https://github.com/Genoil/silentarmy/tree/windows  

legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1240
Quite impressive, good work, works fine on https://zec.suprnova.cc too !

Those are 3 x Tahiti 270x
Activity: 2086
Merit: 608
Online Security & Investment Corporation
I'm running mrb's silentarmy version 3 with r9 380 and rx 480 4gb and can confirm its stable and VERY fast and stable in ubuntu 16.04 LTS.

I've tested several ZEC miners and as of this writing, nothing compares.

I assume Claymore and the others will use mrb's version 3 tech in their miners.

Thank you very much mrb!!!

I am downloading ubuntu 16.04 LTS
I also dowloaded the drivers for amd. Could you tell me how to use the miner after installed ubuntu.
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
I'm running mrb's silentarmy version 3 with r9 380 and rx 480 4gb and can confirm its stable and VERY fast and stable in ubuntu 16.04 LTS.

I've tested several ZEC miners and as of this writing, nothing compares.

I assume Claymore and the others will use mrb's version 3 tech in their miners.

Thank you very much mrb!!!

Activity: 847
Merit: 383
i am a ubuntu tard.  I never used it past getting it running and dropping a file in a folder and hitting run. 

That out of the way, I know you need to create a file basically lika a config.txt equivalent for it to trigger this.  I have tried and just don't know how.  It takes me back when I was learning DOS and Qbasic, omg 25 years ago.  I guess my question is how do you get this miner to run?  I have created the file and #!/bin/bash but after that I just don't know what to put in it.  Thanks and I apologize for the ignorance.
Activity: 2086
Merit: 608
Online Security & Investment Corporation
Hello,

I made a major update and released SILENTARMY v3: a full Zcash miner with multi-GPU and Stratum support, for Linux: https://github.com/mbevand/silentarmy

SILENTARMY was initially written as a command line solver for the Zcash open source miner challenge. Its OpenCL kernel is more optimized than any other public Equihash solver, so as a result it was integrated into multiple other miners: Zogminer, Genoil's miner, eXtremal's miner, etc. But now SILENTARMY is in essence the "reference" SILENTARMY kernel miner. It will always have the latest "SILENTARMY kernel" optimizations. It's lightweight at ~4000 lines of code. It's pretty robust in my experience: my test machine has the AMDGPU-PRO drivers 16.40 running on 64-bit Ubuntu 16.04 and 2 GPUs (R9 Nano and RX 480 8GB) and I mined all day without any crashes.

My roadmap is:

• v2: support GCN 1 → DONE
  • v3: make a full miner supporting multi-GPU and stratum → DONE
  • v4: Nvidia support
  • v5: Windows support?

GitHub: https://github.com/mbevand/silentarmy
Zcash forum thread: https://forum.z.cash/t/silentarmy-gcn-1-now-supported-45-7-sol-s-with-one-r9-nano/3580

Mining on my test machine (R9 Nano and RX 480 8GB):

Should I install Ubuntu 16.04 dektop or the other one with black screen ?
legendary
Activity: 3164
Merit: 1003
Activity: 2548
Merit: 626
are you talking about 0.4a ?
legendary
Activity: 1510
Merit: 1003

Seriously, I'll look into Windows support, but not for the next version. Maybe later.

I got the solver to build on Windows now, only to find out the miner logic was written in Python... Grin

You beat me to it Cheesy

I didn't get it to mine yet, but the solver exe and msvc files are here: https://github.com/Genoil/silentarmy/tree/windows

--edit-- there's an issue in the socket comms between the miner and the solvers.
don't bother. nicehash has made all the work already. And it works far better then yours ))
Only thing I miss is the -i parameter ))
legendary
Activity: 1292
Merit: 1000
I released SILENTARMY v3 which is now a full miner with multi-GPU support, Stratum support. Check the top post for more info. https://github.com/mbevand/silentarmy

Here is a test machine mining (R9 Nano and RX 480 8GB):

well done!
v4 for nVidia (CUDA based?) would be great now Smiley

You beat me to it Cheesy

legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1293
Huh?

You beat me to it Cheesy

legendary
Activity: 1025
Merit: 1001
Thank you for this! Running 200+ where others do 130-150.

One issue i have with all the Linux miners the first GPU runs at 1/3 speed of the rest how to fix that?
Activity: 630
Merit: 502
Bad news is that the latest version of Python in Debian Stable as well as backports is 3.4.2. I compiled 3.5.2 from source and now the miner is reporting 170-180 sol/s with 6 280Xs.

UPDATE - I am running the miner using Systemd and monitoring journalctl it's spitting out a hundred lines of log at once every minute instead of sequentially. I had a similar problem before with eXtremal's miner but I resolved that using /usr/bin/stdbuf.
Activity: 2548
Merit: 626

I don't have any problems with linux, i'm using debian systems myself for web servers and stuff, but my mining rigs are all on windows 7, working very stable, so i wouldn't like to change them all to ubuntu..

I hope you will be my hero soon, keep up the good work  Grin
Activity: 301

Be heros and load me up with 0.5 BTC and I'll do it.

1JM9piGTeH4zHDwpzWmPh7Tb1rTwZujBzJ
Pages:
Jump to: