Pages:
Author

Topic: Sleepless? Tired? No time for family? - page 12. (Read 19909 times)

donator
Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105
January 11, 2012, 08:20:27 PM
Made a very little update:
- changed the default back to more useful 10 Seconds
- changed the Bear-Sound to a newer one
- a little bug fix inside the code

cool, my preference would be to have the sounds on by default & for peeps to silence them with a click X if they wanted silent/just visual mode otherwise one may think one has set up an audio alert when one didn't, but I'm used to checking that now so whatever works for the majority is fine by me

& later on options to choose an alarm type sound like the NE NE NE NE kinda sound of a intruder security zone breach, maybe there's something here?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alarms_on_submarines

edit: the klaxon for Dive Dive would be cool to have to set for big price plunges
edit: Star Trek Red Alert
edit: Industrial Alarm

this to be available for high or low as a red danger warning on your long or short positions say, for margin calls, incoming zhoutongs etc

& some particularly ebil sound for when the BTC price has given you a thorough zhoutonging - perhaps an ironic evil laugh or mocking

then for a 'money rung up on the cash till (registrar)' bling type sound for when you wish to just know that your position has made a nice few pips up or perhaps a bundle, also maybe a phew! sound to set for when your position on Bitcoinica has finally eaten the spread & gone in to the green at last

anyway - fab app!

erci villmahl
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
January 11, 2012, 08:01:30 PM

Yeah, that new Bear sound is intense, nice. If the Man-Eating Grizzly alarm doesn't get you out of your BTC position, I don't know what will.

So far, Jessi, it is running smoothly on my Firefox, no hangups, pauses today. Has consistently price changed with other MT Gox related charts/tickers, even faster than some. Good job.
Activity: 333
January 11, 2012, 07:51:33 PM
January 11, 2012, 02:10:26 PM
while afk a few hours ago I was alerted by the joyous sound of bulls roaring at a price over $7, have just sent a 1 BTC donation in celebration, many thanks Jessi!  Smiley
Thank you very much! Nice to hear. Smiley
January 11, 2012, 02:01:47 PM
while afk a few hours ago I was alerted by the joyous sound of bulls roaring at a price over $7, have just sent a 1 BTC donation in celebration, many thanks Jessi!  Smiley

The joyous sound of bulls... or milked dairy cows...
donator
Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105
January 11, 2012, 01:57:41 PM
January 11, 2012, 01:37:16 PM
A basic version would be brilliant!  The way it works now would be perfect for the "Basic" version.
Yes, if there are not appearing any new errors, or any suggestions for this level, I´ll let it like it is. ;-)

We are already talking about your alarm tool in the other threads, like the "Rally" thread.  
Oh yes? Smiley I am going to have a look at it. Smiley
January 11, 2012, 11:27:08 AM
Jessi:

I really like this alarm and your programming skills are to be commended.

The sound of the Bear and Bulls for low/high alarms are great. The Red and Green Flashing and addition of mute button make it much more practical. I notice also that the Mini-window is much more readable, with the alarm clock graphic nicely faded in the background.

I hope that any other changes you do in the future do not impact the basic functionality for which I think this tool was intended: to simply give us an alarm when highs and lows are crossed.   I think email alarms or specific price alarm improvements might belong to another tool altogether, unless you really think it could be handled just as efficiently with this one?
Thank you very much! Smiley
Also I can promise you, that if further updates are coming (depending on what other people here want), I can hold every time a "basic" version online for those who wants to keep it as simple as possible. ;-)
The basic intention on my side was the same than yours: a very simple and very quick to use alarm clock. Other features (like a complex alarm with "if-then-else"-Features and maybe reactions like a bot, maybe placed in an other tool (V2, "reloaded", whatever).

At this point for me, the only minor improvement that I could see would be to have the default refresh show 10 seconds, instead of 1, with 10 being the optimal one which you had before.  Aside from that, I like the Bitcoin Alarm just the way it is.
Yes, you are right, I left this over from testings regarding your data-stream-loss... I will change the default value back again in next version.

Early in the morning now, I go back under the covers wondering if I will hear the sweet sound of a Bull or the scary sound of a man-eating Grizzly.
Yeah, I guess much better than beeing sleepless and thinking to miss anything what has happened on Mt.Gox...

Another donation is on it's way.  And hoping that others will contribute to you for this invaluable BTC trading tool.
Thank you very much. Smiley

A basic version would be brilliant!  The way it works now would be perfect for the "Basic" version.

We are already talking about your alarm tool in the other threads, like the "Rally" thread.  
January 11, 2012, 11:19:20 AM
Jessi:

The sound of the Bear and Bulls for low/high alarms are great. The Red and Green Flashing and addition of mute button make it much more practical. I notice also that the Mini-window is much more readable, with the alarm clock graphic nicely faded in the background.

I hope that any other changes you do in the future do not impact the basic functionality for which I think this tool was intended: to simply give us an alarm when highs and lows are crossed.   I think email alarms or specific price alarm improvements might belong to another tool altogether, unless you really think it could be handled just as efficiently with this one?
Thank you very much! Smiley
Also I can promise you, that if further updates are coming (depending on what other people here want), I can hold every time a "basic" version online for those who wants to keep it as simple as possible. ;-)
The basic intention on my side was the same than yours: a very simple and very quick to use alarm clock. Other features (like a complex alarm with "if-then-else"-Features and maybe reactions like a bot, maybe placed in an other tool (V2, "reloaded", whatever).

At this point for me, the only minor improvement that I could see would be to have the default refresh show 10 seconds, instead of 1, with 10 being the optimal one which you had before.  Aside from that, I like the Bitcoin Alarm just the way it is.
Yes, you are right, I left this over from testings regarding your data-stream-loss... I will change the default value back again in next version.

Early in the morning now, I go back under the covers wondering if I will hear the sweet sound of a Bull or the scary sound of a man-eating Grizzly.
Yeah, I guess much better than beeing sleepless and thinking to miss anything what has happened on Mt.Gox...

Another donation is on it's way.  And hoping that others will contribute to you for this invaluable BTC trading tool.
Thank you very much. Smiley

[/quote]
January 11, 2012, 10:57:28 AM
Jessi:

At this point for me, the only minor improvement that I could see would be to have the default refresh show 10 seconds, instead of 1, with 10 being the optimal one which you had before.  Perhaps caching data from other servers, if that's possible, would be a good addition because of the importance of having the most Bitcoin Price updated data. Aside from that, I like the Bitcoin Alarm just the way it is.

January 11, 2012, 02:49:25 AM
So what´s left:

What still is missing:
- sound-chooser for different sound (and for turn of sound, keeping only optical alarm)
- email-alarm (if kept running this tool)
- email-alarm (even if tool is closed, but this maybe later)
- twitter-alarm (maybe later, if someone wants it)
- ticker for more data (which data?)
- maybe more alarms (on what?)
- adding as many alarms with individual behaviors line, by line and maybe with reactions (this for V2).
- if there are still caching-problems, then catching data from different servers.
January 11, 2012, 02:46:14 AM
Ok. I now made some updates again:

- First I found two little bugs:
  - The strange behavior with showing no alert even if it should is fixed
  - also the "caching"-behavior should be better. Now it should work more accurate like before
- Also updated: Sound on/off-Button
  You should know, that first the sound is turned off, because of the hint regarding those people who are using this at work. ;-)
  You can turn on the sound every time by a single click or you can turn it off again.

January 11, 2012, 01:21:31 AM
Just tested this out, seems pretty rad. Thanks for the hard work Cheesy
You´re welcome.  Nice to see, that some guys like this tool. Smiley
January 11, 2012, 01:20:48 AM
i love this little thing, so cool.
it seems to have stopped updating?
Yes, I found a little strange behavior depending on caching. It seem for me, if Mt.Gox does not deliver much data, it is beginning to slow down and sometimes it behaves like old men and "forgets" to receive new data. Cheesy *joking*
I made a new version which seem to pull more accurate data. I bring it online with next update. ;-)
January 11, 2012, 01:18:31 AM
i think a nice setup would be "dynamically adding alarms"

3 inputs

[value]  [condition]    [method]  
 [7.5$]   [<= 1 BTC]  [sound alarm]

something like that, just thinking out loud  Wink
Hmm, sorry I am a bit tired now (in Germany it is 6:16 at the morning) and it´s hard to follow for me. Smiley

If I understand you correctly, this does mean, you could place more than those alarms.
Like a "table" where you add a row with an alarm and a condition for it?
Very different to the behavior now, but a nice Idea which I would like to keep in mind and maybe realize in a "reloaded" Version. Smiley
Activity: 447
January 11, 2012, 01:11:04 AM
Just tested this out, seems pretty rad. Thanks for the hard work Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
January 11, 2012, 12:54:48 AM
i love this little thing, so cool.
it seems to have stopped updating?
January 11, 2012, 12:26:54 AM
Going to sleep now, with the Alarm Tool at the ready!

Thanks Jessi for a great job on this.  I am sure others will donate to you as well... Wink

Best,'SJ
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
January 11, 2012, 12:21:47 AM
Anyway, I made some little updates:
- Favicon is included now
- The "Bitcoin Alarm clock" is a bit more transparent (about 10%) to keep all more readable
- The first step of other alarms is included what means an optical alarm for each column

What still is missing:
- sound-chooser for different sound (and for turn of sound, keeping only optical alarm)
- email-alarm (if kept running this tool)
- email-alarm (even if tool is closed, but this maybe later)
- twitter-alarm (maybe later, if someone wants it)
- ticker for more data (which data?)
- maybe more alarms (on what?)

i think a nice setup would be "dynamically adding alarms"

3 inputs

[value]  [condition]    [method]  
 [7.5$]   [<= 1 BTC]  [sound alarm]

something like that, just thinking out loud  Wink

Activity: 396
Send correspondance to GPG key A372E7C6
January 11, 2012, 12:11:31 AM
brilliant! Grin Grin Grin