Pages:
Author

Topic: Sleepless? Tired? No time for family? - page 11. (Read 19909 times)

legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002
January 12, 2012, 06:04:19 PM
my pop up won't populate the price. Angry
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
January 12, 2012, 05:20:00 PM
the whole rest of the screen could flash another colour at the same time for this - it's because what confuses me is that it flashes both one's high & low prices when only one of these has been met & whilst the colour shows wether it's the high or low I'm not used to just getting that yet

thanks for ur 2 btcs, thank goodness that there're not flashing  Tongue

High is Green, Low is Red... I know there's a joke in there somewhere.
donator
Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105
January 12, 2012, 05:04:13 PM
the whole rest of the screen could flash another colour at the same time for this - it's because what confuses me is that it flashes both one's high & low prices when only one of these has been met & whilst the colour shows wether it's the high or low I'm not used to just getting that yet

thanks for ur 2 btcs, thank goodness that there're not flashing  Tongue
January 12, 2012, 04:49:50 PM
Otoh, I kinda like the columns because sometimes I am further away from the laptop and it's easier for me to see.

Jut my 2 btcs.
donator
January 12, 2012, 04:07:26 PM
I like the flashing green & red columns but would prefer just the relevant high or low price being made to flash rather than everything on each side top to bottom

to something like this instead:

January 12, 2012, 01:42:40 PM
Jessi, more feedback on your tool.

So far so good, not a single pause or delay. Alarm's worked splendidly for me last night and today.

A suggestion for a minor improvement:
The Refresh Rate entry field is probably not necessary. Let me explain.

The 10 setting for refresh rate appears to be working very well, as per my testing and with other feedback., Also you had mentioned this refresh setting is based on Mt Gox's optimal API refresh requirements.

Because this tool is an alarm for BTC price change, and since the very most current price is needed at all times for this alarm to be worthwhile, having a user set refresh rate run longer than the optimal setting seems self-defeating. Someone could lose their shirt, or miss a buying opportunity if they can't react quickly enough to the most current price.

Since it is running so well at the default setting, if not faster than other Mt Gox Price charts/feeds, I would recommend that you simply remove this option altogether. I could see someone going and accidentally adding a zero for 100 seconds, or going below the optimal refresh rate which probably would not help anyway (as per Mt Gox API recommendations?).

I would simply leave a line that states "Set to optimal refresh rate of 10 seconds". Or perhaps, remove the refresh rate option for just the Mini-Window version?

Let me know your thoughts.

Glad to see your donations for the Alert Tool are growing; certainly well deserved.

SJ

Stews right on this one.  i would never set it for longer than 10 and it doesn't help to set it lower than 10, so why have it?

you could stick some other control feature in that space like a turn off flash button.  it would be nice to turn off flash and sound while retaining the input alert price.

I agree.  The alert runs foolproof at default setting, why let someone mess with that?
legendary
January 12, 2012, 01:33:21 PM

So far so good, not a single pause or delay. Alarm's worked splendidly for me last night and today.

The Refresh Rate entry field is probably not necessary. Let me explain.

The 10 setting for refresh rate appears to be working very well, as per my testing and with other feedback., Also you had mentioned this refresh setting is based on Mt Gox's optimal API refresh requirements.

Because this tool is an alarm for BTC price change, and since the very most current price is needed at all times for this alarm to be worthwhile, having a user set refresh rate run longer than the optimal setting seems self-defeating. Someone could lose their shirt, or miss a buying opportunity if they can't react quickly enough to the most current price.

Since it is running so well at the default setting, if not faster than other Mt Gox Price charts/feeds, I would recommend that you simply remove this option altogether. I could see someone going and accidentally adding a zero for 100 seconds, or going below the optimal refresh rate which probably would not help anyway (as per Mt Gox API recommendations?).

I would simply leave a line that states "Set to optimal refresh rate of 10 seconds". Or perhaps, remove the refresh rate option for just the Mini-Window version?

Glad to see your donations for the Alert Tool are growing; certainly well deserved.

SJ

Stews right on this one.  i would never set it for longer than 10 and it doesn't help to set it lower than 10, so why have it?

you could stick some other control feature in that space like a turn off flash button.  it would be nice to turn off flash and sound while retaining the input alert price.
January 12, 2012, 01:10:16 PM

The Refresh Rate entry field is probably not necessary or could cause issues. Let me explain.

SJ
Activity: 333
January 12, 2012, 12:23:21 PM
you might like to take a look at kitco's app, it would be fab to have something similar for bitcoins (I requested it a while back) & if combined with your alarm function would be a big winner, also this alarm function ability if added to kitco's app would be very, very popular with their clients I'd imagine & perhaps they'd buy/lease the coding from you?

http://applications.kitco.com/supportcenter/taskbar/index.html

taskbar Bcast ftw

Hmm, ok. good Idea... Maybe a case for Adobe AIR? I have to do a closer look next days when I have a bit more time, at this app...
Thanks for the tip!
January 12, 2012, 12:20:52 PM
I slept through the alarm.  Cry
I write it down into the bug list.
Or is it a feature?
Cheesy
legendary
January 12, 2012, 02:14:25 AM
you might like to take a look at kitco's app, it would be fab to have something similar for bitcoins (I requested it a while back) & if combined with your alarm function would be a big winner, also this alarm function ability if added to kitco's app would be very, very popular with their clients I'd imagine & perhaps they'd buy/lease the coding from you?

taskbar Bcast ftw

thx for the tip.  just downloaded the Android version.

Jessi, you should make an Android version too!
legendary
January 12, 2012, 02:13:18 AM

Just plug in a 500 Watt Pioneer stereo system to your PC speaker out...that should do the trick.

I have a Logitech Z305 plug-in laptop speaker which cranks the sound.

gotcha, i have the Bluetooth version Wink
January 11, 2012, 10:28:38 PM

Just plug in a 500 Watt Pioneer stereo system to your PC speaker out...that should do the trick.

I have a Logitech Z305 plug-in laptop speaker which cranks the sound.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
January 11, 2012, 10:25:50 PM

lmao... bug!
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
January 11, 2012, 10:23:10 PM
donator
January 11, 2012, 09:34:35 PM

taskbar Bcast ftw

January 11, 2012, 09:10:17 PM
 Grin
I have to say thank you, for all those good Ideas, the wishes and also for the donations!
donator
January 11, 2012, 09:01:57 PM
cool as & no rush for any tweaks as it's fab as it is

Danke
     Danke schön
            Vielen Dank
         Dank dir
   Dankschen
      Danksche
   Dank schön
       Dankë
          Dank schön
              Merci
   Merci villmahl

thanks  Tongue

January 11, 2012, 08:53:15 PM
cool, my preference would be to have the sounds on by default & peeps to silence them with a click if they wanted silent/just visual mode otherwise one may think one has set up an audio alert when one didn't, but I'm used to checking that now so whatever works for the majority is fine by me

& later on options to choose an alarm type sound like the NE NE NE NE kinda sound of a intruder security zone breach, maybe something here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alarms_on_submarines
this to be available for high or low as a red danger warning on your long or shorts say, for margin call, incoming zhoutong etc

then for a 'money rung up on the cash till' bling type sound for when you wish to just know that your position has made a nice bundle, or maybe a phew! sound to set for when your position on Bitcoinica goes in to the green

anyway - fab app!

erci villmahl
Ok. I´ll see what I can do in next versions. Sound choosing could be next feature. Anyway I guess I need some days to release, because I have to care a bit about my time (and my clients!). Smiley
January 11, 2012, 08:51:45 PM
Made a very little update:
- changed the default back to more useful 10 Seconds
- changed the Bear-Sound to a newer one
- a little bug fix inside the code

Yeah, that new Bear sound is intense, nice. If the Man-Eating Grizzly alarm doesn't get you out of your BTC position, I don't know what will.

So far, Jessi, it is running smoothly on my Firefox, no hangups, pauses today. Has consistently price changed with other MT Gox related charts/tickers, even faster than some. Good job.
Thank you. Same on my side. I watched and compared it the whole day, and yes, sometimes it was faster than other services and I did not have any hangups, too.
Pages:
Jump to: