Pages:
Author

Topic: SMART Coin Observer - page 6. (Read 16733 times)

legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010
Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics
March 21, 2017, 11:09:15 AM
well i read the whitepaper, and i must say, its actually not bad, and when a person asks themselves : what void does this fill, this token actually does ;p

heres some images i pulled from it for a visual for quick glance for people to see how this projects stacks against others with specs and such Smiley

i am interested to watch this one evolve!   
legendary
legendary
March 17, 2017, 05:44:21 AM
A Week in Review

Ethereum:  Ethereum's Vitalik Buterin Discusses The New Viper Smart Contract Programming Language
https://ethereumclassic.github.io/blog/2017-03-13-viper/

Lisk:  Lisk 0.7.0 — Lighter, Smarter, Safer and Faster
https://blog.lisk.io/lisk-0-7-0-lighter-smarter-safer-and-faster-90d5c9e59761?source=collection_home---4------0----------

Maidsafe:  The Power of the Crowd Series – Part One: The Problem
https://blog.maidsafe.net/2017/03/10/the-power-of-the-crowd-series-part-one-the-problem/

NEM:  NEM.io Foundation Ltd Gets Going
https://blog.nem.io/nem-foundation-inauguration/

Synereo:  Ramping Up User Testing for Synereo’s First Release
https://blog.synereo.com/2017/03/15/ramping-up-user-testing-for-qrator/

There you go folks.  This week's updates.  Why do I have a funny feeling that many of you are busy counting your money?  Is it because of the current bull rush?  Grin

There were trades I saw that passed because I thought at those prices, they were over valued.  But look at where ETH and Dash now...  Sad
legendary
March 17, 2017, 05:14:54 AM
Internet of Coins is an environment for personal finance. As a decentralized platform it enables an optimally inclusive financial network, interlinking all digital forms of value. It allows you to trade digital assets and currencies peer to peer, with an easy to use interface and the opportunity to earn fees by participating as an allocator.  https://coinstorm.net/en
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
March 17, 2017, 12:56:17 AM
there are 7 coins -t1
there are -t2, -t3, tDoge coins also

BEdMrLe

EVERYTHING ELSE IS A DAC

They need business plans, CEO, and product to sell.
They pay dividends.

| augur | $100 | prediction market |
| xem | $95 | platform |
| maid | $83 | internet 2.0|
| fact | $37 | dataBC |
| waves | $30 | platform |
| ZEC | $46 | platformAnon |
| sdc | $30 | platformAnon |
| xzc| $7 | platformAnon |
| icon | $25 | xxx |
| steem | $23 | blog |
| lsk | $19 | platform |
| ardo | $18 | platform |
| game| $13 | gaming |
| melon| $17 | goldman babe MonaElisa |
| tet| $34 | dollarbill$ |
| bts | $11 | platform|
| sia | $9 | clouds |
| strjx | $8 | clouds |
| burst | $2 | clouds |
| incent | $9 | loyalty.points |
| i/o | $7 | dataBC |
| blood | $9 | gaming |
| xaueum| $7 | gold? |
| sys | $6 | platform |
| vslice | $2 | DICEth |
| peerplays | $2 | DICEstem |
| blockpay | $1 | shapeshift |
| dubai | $2 | forex |
| lykke | $1 | forex |
| edr | $3 | forex |
| golos | $1 | blog |
| xcp | $8 | platform |
| omni | $2 | platform |
| synero | $4 | facebook |
| time | $4 | ? |
| crbit | $3 | creditscores |
| coinworks | $2 | platform |
| franko | $2 | platform |
| pot | $4 | websiteX |
| dot | $ | websiteX |
| super | $2 | platform |
| bcy| $7 | gaming |
| strat | $8 | platformData |
| em | $11 | platformData |
| ruby| $6 | bots |
| naut | $1 | fund |
| ant | $6 | platform |
| bcc | $10 | websiteX |
| lbc| $2 | blog |
| nlg | $6 | moneyserviceLoco |
| auro | $1 | moneyserviceLoco |
| steem | $23 | paypal |
| xlm| $13 | paypal |
| bay | $2 | eBay|
| vpn | $2 | isp|
| safex | $0 | websiteX |
| darcus| $0 | dApps |
| bitlnd | $0 | realestte |
| obits | $0 | platform.sidefeature |
| gemz | $ | likes |
| swarm | $ | kickstart|
| dao | $ | themoon |
| off | $ | burningshitcoins |
legendary
March 16, 2017, 10:35:56 AM
my copy pasta has NXT @DAOoverlord _Level
ranked $10M **May 01, 2016

Am I right or am I right?

LSK is snooze'n along, but NXT is established and evolving.

Reading is a skill.  I guess.  You can read, no?

legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1090
=== NODE IS OK! ==
March 16, 2017, 08:30:09 AM
NXT is shit tier and Lisk is better? You, sir, must be mentally ill.
legendary
March 15, 2017, 12:18:57 PM
The thing to remember with virtually the ENTIRE crypto currency space is that it is very small with very low market penetration and awareness.

The top 20 stock exchanges in the world add up to roughly 55,530 billion, the top 650ish crypto currencies on coinmarketcap.com add up to 25.4 billion.

The returns on a number of these coins has been very significant. The return for Bitcoin for 2016 would have been over 130%. By comparison the return on US stocks was roughly 13-15% average (from what I could find).

The 12 month return on Dash (from now to 12 months ago) is currently 1600%

If the price of stocks, or housing or gold suddenly shoots up for no real reason you can safely call it a bubble because of how well those assets are known by the investing public. When people think "where should I invest my money" they think of those things. This is not the case with cryptos.

I think we could easily see MASSIVE price gains in cryptos without them being in a "bubble" simply as a result of increased awareness and investor education/interest.

All it would take is 0.045% (ie, nothing) of the current investment in the top 20 stock markets to flow into crypto and the whole space doubles in market cap.

Put another way, if 1% of the money currently invested in stocks was to flow into crypto the prices would go up more than 20x on average.

All it will take is a few of the right people to notice the crypto space and the prices could explode WITHOUT it being a bubble.

legendary
March 15, 2017, 07:11:05 AM
https://twitter.com/ARKblockchain/status/834841078234767360

ARK guy sounds smart regardin DASH

1/ @CashAlternative as requested, I did more research on $DASH & some things still aren't adding up. Data from here: https://chainz.cryptoid.info/dash/#!overview

2/ For one, average transaction value is extremely high. For example, data from 2/21/2017 implies avg txn value > $4K, which is 4X bitcoin

3/ I would have to imagine this is largely masternodes / miners moving around their $DASH?

4/ Such a hypothesis would jibe w/ the fact that # of transactions per day using $DASH has gone nowhere since launch. Stuck b/w 1500-2500

5/ Similarly, # of $DASH transacted/day has also gone nowhere. Again, flat pattern from launch implies 2 me this = masternode/miner activity

6/ The only thing for $DASH that has gone up is the trading volume, which jibes with a pumping price. But that only works for so long...

7/ What I look for in a #cryptocurrency, @CashAlternative, is real traction outside of speculation + open devs + wise game theoretics

8/ I'm not convinced $DASH has these, and I continue to believe that 60%+ of the float being locked up by MNs is a warped incentive model.

9/ Lastly, 4 a #cryptocurrency that = "digital+cash," aimed at presumably small, instant & private transactions, why is avg txn value = $4K?
legendary
March 14, 2017, 06:49:52 AM
legendary
March 13, 2017, 10:05:13 PM
[FACTS] Litecoin is the only legit Altcoin ! author=Spoetnik

LTC is the only legit alternative currency.
All the others are bullshit like clones or anon coins or not a currency at all.

Prime Coin, Grid Coin get a worthy mention though.

Now you know Wink

1. ETH ... what is it ?
An "APP's" platform

---
ARK MADNESS

If only there was no such as on Lisk. Big rise, and then prolonged fall.

I think the fall of Lisk is slow development. It's seem to have nothing at this point after 1 year, app wise.
Ark already have everything stable before the mainnet launch, this took Lisk almost 1year to have. They also already have 200tx/s(TPS). This is the reason I'm interested in ARK.
legendary
March 12, 2017, 10:32:50 PM
Ripple replaces mining with a system of "validators." These special nodes use consensus to agree in which transactions to include in the next ledger. Their decisions are broadcast through the network as messages signed with their public key. Each node (computer running the rippled software) in the RCL network is responsible for deciding its "UNL" (which stands for Unique Node List). This list controls which validators the node cares about.

For everyone on the network to agree on the same ledger chain, there are various rules about how the UNL should be formed. Specifically that there should be a minimum amount of overlap of people's UNLs. We won't get into that here.

The most important factor in choosing this UNL, is to make sure that you pick validators which are not colluding. There is a set of rules and best practices for validators to enforce this. The most important is that validators must be publicly identified. For example, if hypothetically Microsoft is running a validator then it should publish its public key in a way that certifies Microsoft is under control of the validator. An easy way to do this is to put a text file with the public key at the company's domain, reachable via HTTPS with a known certificate. For example at https://microsoft.com/ripple.txt

Now I am looking at this masternode system of Dash and it seems to be that its essentially the same as Ripple validators (with minor technical differences). But in Dash, the masternodes identity is secret. This is exactly the scenario that Ripple describes as insecure!

Am I missing something here?

Ripple Labs Employee since July 9th, 2013
https://github.com/vinniefalco
legendary
March 12, 2017, 06:28:47 AM
legendary
legendary
March 07, 2017, 12:39:12 PM

Smart contract isn't something new, far from it. So many people has been learning solidity scripting language in the past years but the only time I was given the opportunity of using a smart contract, I didn't and saved myself from one of the biggest fiasco ever in crypto : the DAO.

Right now I just did a smart contract unexpectedly for a real use case and it went like :

That's it. I literally had no idea I was doing a smart contract if I wasn't told it's a smart contract.
I needed to trade with a total stranger on the Internet, the escrow wasn't available so we just did a smart contract through the chat box.

That's how smart contracts should works : for a real use without being aware you're doing a smart contract.

legendary
March 03, 2017, 10:33:36 PM
We all know 99% of ICOs end up to be garbage - only a few coins tend to live long enough to be considered 'worthwhile' (maintaining or rising above the ICO price).

What does the community think keeps these coins alive, instead of the usual result of those buying into the ICO dumping upon launch?

the intent of SMC is to facilitate just that.
REPUTABLE icos

currently boiler room boys run the show.
legendary
February 28, 2017, 12:49:59 PM
14500*365=5292500

s0 litecoin national costs about $21.6M /yr to operate
legendary
legendary