Pages:
Author

Topic: SMART Coin Observer - page 7. (Read 16733 times)

legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010
Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics
February 15, 2017, 07:43:45 AM
asset platforms bottom line

fees

https://www.mynxt.info/charts/fees_per_day.php
legendary
February 09, 2017, 11:55:22 AM
A.
There is a mindset among the greater Bitcoin development world, known as 'Bitcoin Maximalism'. It refers to the opinion that building apps upon Bitcoin, and its’ particular blockchain, is the best and most efficient way of going forward, and other crypto currencies, and their respective blockchains, will eventually succumb to the Network Effect.

- Butters 'antiBitcoin Maximalist' coiner

verses

B.
"Because any appcoin must compete with Bitcoin, there is inherently an aversion to holding the appcoin rather than Bitcoin. This means that an app can always improve by transitioning to use Bitcoin instead [of] the appcoin. Since we are talking about open source projects, it is always possible for anyone to fork an existing app and make the changes himself."

- Daniel Krawisz
legendary
February 09, 2017, 11:34:57 AM
Does Litecoin have a future?
I have no clue what Litecoin will do. All I know is if I have to baghold something I prefer it to be ltc.
legendary
February 09, 2017, 09:25:09 AM
I see lot of ICOs with such called escrows but:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Escrow

"An escrow is an account established by a broker for holding funds on behalf of the broker's principal or some other person until the consummation or termination of a transaction"

I just wonder why people tolerate in ICOs where main product is software tolerate a very simplified escrow which is escrow called but have little to do with escrow?
OK you get some Tokens or simplified coin before new one is developed, but this is not a consummation of transaction or agreement.

Right now the best escrow transaction example are holidays, where you pay to travel agency when you come back from holidays. Because they bankrupt to many times leaving people on the AirPorts on they back home or in worst situations.

How escrow for ICOs which are not assets like http://digix.io or hardware related like https://bnktothefuture.com/pitches/2893/_embs-ether-mining-backed-security-fund.html
??

In my opinion escrow for strongly software related ICOs should be an institution or software house which will have in mind keeping good reputation - like software house working often with Venture Capital and similar.

Escrow should release funds after reaching milestones after proper Quality of Service tests and  Software tests.
Reaching part of milestone results in receiving part of funds. After bugfixing and patches. With IO or DO decisions can be also altered by community...

Why not ?

You are right, only a few projects(Stratis&Lisk) use the escrow mode like you said, which releases partial fund after specific milestone has been done).

Most scam projects use poor escrows, best example is: Bittrex and breakout, breakout shit had 3 ico and scammed more than 700 BTC fund, their first ico was scam, but bittrex was still escrow for them, Bittrex only asks: normal blockchain, wallet and coin distribution,breakout finally released nothing on the roadmap and turned out to be a scam.

Another example: Opair scam and SebastianJu. Most people know this scam lied to escrow. Additionally, recent story of ASC team scammed 3 famous escrows(Lauda, yahoo and minerjones) by cheating a vague escrow term.
legendary
February 08, 2017, 09:03:28 PM
legendary
February 08, 2017, 10:52:50 AM
Most Brazen Altcoin Scams?
Bytecoin was very elaborate:

The dev used some buggery in the hash algo code which basically artificially slowed down mining (though not for him of course). At the same time, he claimed the coin had been used on the dark web for 2 years before announcing on the clear web (to justify why 2 years of coins had already been mined at launch). Then the devs went on to start MinerGate.

legendary
February 08, 2017, 10:43:19 AM
ZEC vs ZCL, what makes one better?
If you want to compare ZEC/ZCL compared it with BYTECOIN and MONERO
One is a scam the second a fork and see which one wins now ?

Interesting comparison but I think a 20% dev mining tax for 4 years (ZEC) is different than a 80% premine (BCN)

I prefer ZCL over ZEC and of course love XMR and dislike BCN
If you want to compare ZEC/ZCL compared it with BYTECOIN and MONERO
One is a scam the second a fork and see which one wins now ?
legendary
legendary
February 07, 2017, 06:39:46 AM
Re: how many of you are investing in chronobank ico?
I tell you diss.  Ain't no penicillin' on this earf gon' touch the gonnorhea this coin got.  Its gonnorhea is itself infected wit' Lyme disease, which is in turn comin' down wit' AIDS.  This ain't no unnerstatement, this shit's ba-aa-aa-aad.  It don't take no microbiologist nor microeconomist ta know dat.  You all is gon' lose yo money fasta then a jerry-atric blue hair momma wit' Alzheimers an' takin Valium fo' sleep.  You be lookin' in the fridge for it.

All o' you who buy this crazap git wat you deserve, which is a little lighter inna fanny pack.
legendary
February 05, 2017, 11:54:31 AM
You can add syscoin to that list.. it may be the first merged mined coin with hash rates up to btc levels for fair tests of segwit.. it is on 0.13.2 with the next release in a few weeks.

Why do i want segwit in sys? Simple.. schnorr sigs for advanced multisig aliases. Also lightening networks will allow for auction types of.offers and other cool stuff.
legendary
February 04, 2017, 01:00:22 AM
So it seems that Doge is actually fairly conservative in terms of the number of coins being produced - $3K a day is not much for a popular international currency, such an amount is very small compared to some of the other counterparts. And the percentage goes down over time since it's a constant, which is at 4.9% now rather than 5.25% initially at the end of the launch.

I think there's definitely demand for micro transactions, which are not that feasible with Bitcoin due to the high fees, and since Doge costs only 1 DOGE per transaction, with the additional benefit of being much faster than Bitcoin, is there any other currency better suited for this purpose? Perhaps Litecoin, but there's not much else out there with enough adoption and community support to be practical.

legendary
January 29, 2017, 06:17:41 AM
SMART 24 index

btc   10800
ltc   190
xmr   81
dog   23
xcp   10
sc   9
nxt   7
ppc   7
sys   4
blk   3
dgb   3
dcr   2
aur   2
pot   2
clam   1
nxs      1
vrc      1
rdd      1
ftc      1
exp      1
vtc      1
eac      1
burst           1
qrk      1

---
*anything with marketcap above $1M and not on this list is NOT a coin/currency ... rather ICO/DAO/PREMINED and HIGH RISK

btc   10800 xcp 10 omni rootstock ppc 7 sys 4 dgb 3 EMC 7 NMC 3  ZET .3  XMY .3
ltc   190 dog 23 VIA 1 GAME 13 NVC 1 eac 1 GLD .5  WDC .4
xmr   81 BBR 1 BCN 11 XDN .5
ETC   115
STEEM 40 BTS10 GOLOS7 SBD 1
ZEC   21 zcl .5
sc   9
nxt  7 BTCD7 vrc1
blk      3 pot      2 rdd      1  OK   .4
clam      1
dcr      2
aur      2
nxs      1
ftc      1
exp      1
ubiq   1
vtc      1
burst    1
qrk      1
PASC      1
---
---
---
GRS   .2
legendary
January 29, 2017, 06:14:10 AM
Hey guys, for anyone interested in crypto chat, I am in a new Telegram group - https://t.me/goldcointalk

I have supported GLD when first delving into cryptocurrency in 2013, and there is a good network built around it.

I am also continuing to run the SmartCoin related sites, so if there is more interest in it, all the better.
legendary
legendary
January 20, 2017, 06:41:47 AM
Ripple and bitshares rated the most insecure blockchain software by China CERT

In December 2016, China CERT released a 17-page security audit report of blockchain software. As per the report, the audit was conducted in October 2016 and released later as “open” document. The report examined 25 open-source blockchain projects, categorizing the vulnerabilities found into 9 classes. A total of 746 high-level attack vectors are detected. Ripple is rated the most insecure one with over 223 highly risky bugs.

http://news.8btc.com/blockchain-software-security-report-by-china-cert-ripple-the-worst
legendary
January 19, 2017, 08:59:38 AM
It's strange though. This always pays.  Fiction with a punch line at the end, provide a strange twist that catches people off guard, along with one artwork cover. That's a winning combo.
legendary
January 15, 2017, 08:48:25 PM
Their project is utopia dream, I invested in maidsafe in 2015, they said they would release the official product "soon". I started to buy from 8k sat to 5k sat, after I went all-in my 50 BTC in maidsafe, they dumped it to 3k sat, I was panic dumped and gambled with left 25 BTC, because I want to make money to cover my trading loss. But tragedy happened, I lost my all bitcoin, now after one and half year, it is still in alpha test, even not in beta test, hilarious slowest development in the world.

I hate it.

MaidSafe started back in 2006, predates Bitcoin and still hasn't launched a product.   That was warning enough back in 2014 ICO and should be a warning today.  Nevertheless, they must be very good con artists because there's still suckers lining up to give them money.

I'm surprised they had not made a top 10 list for vaporware scams.  They raised $7 million from their ICO and they also received millions pre-2014 (and even before Bitcoin was created).

legendary
January 15, 2017, 08:42:47 PM
Purevidz claims to be some type of censor resistant platform using torrents and a few other buzzword technologies to create a streaming content site similar to hulu or netflix but with pirated content.

Lets ignore the technology aspect of this scheme. Lets ignore that you already can get this content for free from a number of reliable sources including the censor resistant sites on zeronet (zeroplay, zerotv, zerotorrent.bit) Maybe you can't stream them yet, but again lets ignore all technology aspects, similar to their threads where they only focus on the money.

The center and most heavily promoted part of this scheme is the bounty system. Bounty is paid in vidz tokens. Bounty is used to request content and pay moderators off and pay for development. Because of the bounty aspect, it could be argued that the moderators and developers are generating money from illegal content, ie making money from pirated content. Because of the bounty aspect, it could be argued that owners of this token are propping up the value of their token through illegal content.

It seems to me that once you include money (the vidz tokens) with pirated content you have just opened yourself up to a whole new legal level of MPAA lawsuits. So the purpose of this thread is to discuss who will be liable and how will the MPAA take this?

I foresee the MPAA going after, very heavily,

any exchange that trades a token (who's sole purpose is linked to pirated content trading)
users who purchase the token
hosting companies who are paid via this token
legit businesses who wish to use this service but get paid bounties via this token
moderators who receive this token as form of payment.

legendary
January 15, 2017, 12:28:16 PM
Pages:
Jump to: