Pages:
Author

Topic: SMOS Linux 3.0.14 Plug-In & Mine - Stability, security and performance - page 17. (Read 94573 times)

Activity: 519
Merit: 253
How does this handle multiple rigs? BAMT had a screen that showed the "farm" and allowed some management. Anythign like that? I am downloading it and will take a look.
Activity: 201
Merit: 105

This isnt best of 7970. Its just very hot today (outside 34c, inside 40+) between cards is 0.5cm. And SMOS user puts down engine and memory.
Usually they going 750,760khs.

If you are using SMOS linux, send some of your screenshots to [email protected], so we can put them to our website.
Use 8GB version. Its stable version. This other version is for poor people Cheesy
I boot 2GB version, and i test on 3 others MB, and it works. So i dont know what to tell you.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10

Unfortunately I still cannot boot it normally. Now i get error: Invalid Partition Table_
Are there different packages between the two or just expanded to fit different sizes?

This is new on 2GB SMOS linux:

-cgminer upgraded to 3.2.1 version
-ADL_SDK upgraded to ADL_SDK_5.0
-mother upgraded to last version
-Fixed USB boot black screen and J_ (for old motherboards)
-Perl status fixed
-All GPU enabled by default
-Disabled fan speed 100% by default
-Default password for user changed to smosuser. Username:user Password:smosuser (change it)
-Added thanks list in /root/donate

4GB SMOS linux is very stable! And you can get just 1.5% rejection.
But on SMOS linux its ~0.4-0.8. Depends which pool you using.

If SMOS users decide 2GB it's better. We resize 2GB SMOS to 4GB with all of these changes. But for now we can't say which is better. We must wait for users to tell us Smiley
Ahh. Saw the changelog, didn't realize it was just for the 2 GB. Nice changes though, will have to try it out.

Okey, try it, and reply with impression.  Smiley
Activity: 322
Merit: 113
Sinbad Mixer: Mix Your BTC Quickly
Are there different packages between the two or just expanded to fit different sizes?

-Perl status fixed
-Default password for user changed to smosuser. Username:user Password:smosuser (change it)

If SMOS users decide 2GB it's better. We resize 2GB SMOS to 4GB with all of these changes. But for now we can't say which is better. We must wait for users to tell us Smiley
Ahh. Saw the changelog, didn't realize it was just for the 2 GB. Nice changes though, will have to try it out.

-Perl status fixed

Activity: 322
Merit: 113
Sinbad Mixer: Mix Your BTC Quickly
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
This is fantastic ! Thank you !

I would love to see your config for 7950's running at 680Khash please
I can't boot it. All get is
j_
(the _ is flashing)

try this
PLoP Boot Manager v5.0
http://www.plop.at/en/bootmanagers.html

You need to edit USB sdX1 partition FAT32 to some other FAT32 who support your MB. Then mount img file on USB.

It will be supported for oldest mainboards on SMOS 2GB USB.
PloP did it. Altough it wasn't smooth. I had to make some random changes in PloP settings. Not sure if it would boot again. EDIT: It boots. I just need to enable USB 1.1 in PloP.
Now it's clearly some motherboard compatibility issue.
Hope SMOS 2GB would work when it's done.

BTW, big + for SMOS against orginal BAMT. I recently got a second gpu and couldnt make it to run on BAMT. And SMOS is able to run it. Altough it's loud and high temp (85). Probably because it's used.
j_
(the _ is flashing)

try this
PLoP Boot Manager v5.0
http://www.plop.at/en/bootmanagers.html

You need to edit USB sdX1 partition FAT32 to some other FAT32 who support your MB. Then mount img file on USB.

It will be supported for oldest mainboards on SMOS 2GB USB.
We added SMOS linux on torrent for better download.
http://thepiratebay.sx/torrent/8564791
Activity: 66
You can overclock just fine, But you can't under VOLT in linux without a bois flash that I know of.

Need a way to software undervolt in linux. I can save almost 150 watts per 3 card rig doing so
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010
marking this thread for future use Smiley good job on the OS , i'm impressed by what i've seen Smiley
j_
(the _ is flashing)

(the _ is flashing)
@00400
Its booted. Now you need to conect via SSH. You have help on www.smos-linux.org/help , just look it.

@Mazakguy
why you can't overclock on linux, do you try smos ,its work perfect? you don't need any tool, just cgminer, and cgminer is alrady in (configured for scrypt).

@jasinlee
you need iso for what? To burn it on DVD?
Hi
How i can setup the wireless adapter for this Linux distro? I don't have the rig connected to the ethernet, but i have a wireless adapter on the machine, but in the GUI i didn't find any option for configuring the wireless settings. Is there a way to do this?

Join on irc channel #smos on irc.freenode.net . I can help you to configure you w card.
Activity: 258
Merit: 100
Look ARROUND!
Hi
How i can setup the wireless adapter for this Linux distro? I don't have the rig connected to the ethernet, but i have a wireless adapter on the machine, but in the GUI i didn't find any option for configuring the wireless settings. Is there a way to do this?
j_
(the _ is flashing)
Activity: 66
Would love to, but untill I can undervolt in linux, WITHOUT a bois flash..not happening.

Hope someone comes up with a way and it wouldbe bye bye windows in a heart beat. Wink
Pages:
Jump to: