Pages:
Author

Topic: So, are all the previous ETH haters now ETH(ETC) lovers??? - page 4. (Read 2977 times)

legendary
Activity: 2926
Merit: 1440
Yes. The new support momentum coming in to the original Ethereum classic is coming from the bitcoiners. I think even the attacker is a bitcoiner himself. There are even discussions that the attacker is the group of Mircea Popescu. He is one of the most feared men in bitcoin.
Activity: 770
Merit: 629
Its much simpler than that.

They hated the fact that the Ether Foundation could roll back transactions.

Now, for the first time in human history, there exists an Ethereum chain that no human can stop (not even the most powerful devs in the world).

Proof of immutability was what bitcoiners like me were looking for this whole time.

Amen.

Moreover, "rolling back because of theft through a fork" is impossible, because there will always be theft.  Bitcoin has known more than 50 spectacular thefts (exchanges, big wallet owners, ....) and many much more small thefts.  So if you fork EVERY TIME, then you fork your coin to oblivion, and if you don't, it means that not all users are equal for the "law", and only buddies and important people will get forked out of theft, which is morally even more fiat-like.

On top of that, "theft" in the bitcoin world is rather simple: it is stealing a currency.  "theft" in the ethereum world, "abuse of contract", is a much murkier water.  Who is going to be the judge ?

So what ETH did is impossible to maintain as a principle.  And if it is impossible to maintain as a principle, then that means that there are privileged and non privileged: those who will be bailed out by a fork, and the normal crowd.

ETH has lost all moral and legal foundations by forking, even if it was to "restore funds from theft", simply because that principle cannot be maintained.

And if now they claim that this was only once, then what do we have to think ?  That, in their dreams, by the time ethereum takes over bitcoin and has a market cap of say, $50 billion, with contracts running on it in the 5 billion dollars, when people loose now, due to a bug, 4 billion dollars, what are they going to do ?  They bailed out a meager 60 millions back in the old days.  What are they going to do when 4 billion is lost ?  "sorry guys, we said that it was the last time" ?

No, ETH has lost all grounds to know whether you'll get a bail out or not, and OF COURSE there will be a lot of theft and contracts doing funny things on it, unless ETH won't have contracts on it any more.

legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087
etc gives eth haters more reason to hate eth than ever and they can make money at the same time. what's not to love? I guess also etc's existence clears up some of the doubts others had about eth's morality and backbone. if etc sticks around they're gonna have to hold themselves to some rigid principles. that appeals to a lot of people.
Activity: 454
Merit: 250
This industry is pure fiction
Just a question.

Maybe I'm wrong, maybe my eyes are lying to me but I see a few people on here who ABSOLUTELY HATED ETH, who are now ABSOLUTELY LOVING ETH(ETC). The problem I have here is that those haters say that they hated the ETH principle and technology blah blah blah... but the principle and technology blah blah blah... has not changed. ETH(ETC) is still the old ETH, on the same old 'old chain', but now they're arguing for it!!! The very thing they said they hated!!!

I don't get it...

So, did they really hate ETH,
or did they just hate the profit people were making with ETH,
or did they just hate the fact that they didn't create ETH,
or did they just hate the fact that they missed the big bus that was ETH,
or is this just a relic of them still wanting to buy cheap ETH,
or do they still hate ETH so much that they'll buy ETH(ETC) to kill ETH,
or is the enemy of my enemy my friend, therefore ETH(ETC),
or is it something else and I've completely missed the actual factual point?

Can anyone explain why 'the intelligent ones' who used to hate ETH and argued with such vitriol against ETH are now buying and supporting ETH(ETC)?? I thought 'the intelligent ones' were immutable!

This industry is pure fiction!

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Pages:
Jump to: