Pages:
Author

Topic: so btc value is finished? - page 3. (Read 9309 times)

legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001
Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World
April 08, 2014, 01:17:06 AM
Russia ban US dolar 04.04 2014 russia sale wepon and oil/gas only in rusian ruble,euro and Renminbi Payments.and say ruble go on gold standard.germany-China use euro-Renminbi,Australia

This mean only that other value like euro will grow n this mean that n BTC will
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
April 08, 2014, 12:47:33 AM
Bitcoins value and price will fluctuate over time but in the long run Bitcoins price and value will go up.

Whilst Ido agree with you, we can't be sure. We are all intelligent here and even as someone who is a partner in an exchange/mining pool creation, I still say BTC could crash and burn one day soon. Today, tomorrow, ten years.. We can't predict the future, but we can educate guess.

I'm seeing a $800-$1100 bitcoin by mid June personally. Hopefully we break the $1000 barrier. Weak hands stay away!
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040
A Great Time to Start Something!
April 07, 2014, 04:42:03 PM
Just be patient, btc now got hard time, but in future i'm sure will be most value currency in world

BTC will be an exciting adventure no matter what happens to the price.  Smiley
Activity: 630
Merit: 500
April 07, 2014, 04:32:05 PM
Russia ban US dolar 04.04 2014 russia sale wepon and oil/gas only in rusian ruble,euro and Renminbi Payments.and say ruble go on gold standard.germany-China use euro-Renminbi,Australia
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
April 07, 2014, 06:05:32 AM
Just be patient, btc now got hard time, but in future i'm sure will be most value currency in world
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
April 06, 2014, 08:31:04 PM
Bitcoins value and price will fluctuate over time but in the long run Bitcoins price and value will go up.
Activity: 672
April 06, 2014, 03:22:24 PM
Btc value won't be finished until after a fiat is gone.  When btc value is finished, 1.000.000 btc will buy a largish European nation.

I don't understand very well, but I like your assertion Cheesy

Me either, maybe sarcasm Grin
Activity: 567
Merit: 270
April 06, 2014, 02:09:12 AM
Btc value won't be finished until after a fiat is gone.  When btc value is finished, 1.000.000 btc will buy a largish European nation.

I don't understand very well, but I like your assertion Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1030
Sine secretum non libertas
April 05, 2014, 04:36:34 PM
legendary
Activity: 4130
Merit: 1307
April 05, 2014, 09:05:41 AM
The sheer amount of institutional capital flowing from US market entities into the protocol platform/services start-up ecosystem is ensuring that the protocol technology will be integrated into the market sooner or later.  This implies that there will be a 'critical mass' period at some point in the near future.

China exiting means those bastards can't siphon off the capital being put forth in the USA and other places to actually grow the technology.

Too true.  

These "alts that are better than bitcoin" are often just pump-and-dumps with no true changes except different block generation rates, with much less hash power and consequently much less security.  Remember bitcoin was "done" when it hit the double digits then dropped back to the single digits, it was "done" at dollar parity etc.

Adoption will continue, and that will impact the price.

Activity: 708
April 05, 2014, 05:53:15 AM
Well u can hold or sell, your choice. I think most people believe the price will go up agian.

exactly, and when there's too many bulls...
(don't forget people are making many $$$ from their short positions)
Activity: 93
April 05, 2014, 03:12:21 AM
Well u can hold or sell, your choice. I think most people believe the price will go up agian.
Activity: 854
einc.io
April 05, 2014, 03:07:43 AM
Bitcoin will be around 200 soon, there are better coins now. Bitcoin has no advantage other than being the first

Bitcoin may not be the best, and it's only advantage may be that it was first, but in reality that is a HUGE, HUUUUGGEEE advantage. Probably the biggest advantage you can have. To be more clear, it's actually not the fact that it came first that gives it an advantage, but rather the fact that it currently is the most popular by far (because it gained popularity before others did). This is why Facebook is so much more popular than Google+. It is why YouTube is more popular than Vimeo. The thing that becomes more popular first tends to stay the most popular by far. These trends can even be (and often are) mathematically modeled using graphs of social networks.

Consider a graph with nodes and edges, where each node represents a cryptocurrency user and each edge represents a transaction between two users. Connected nodes want to be using the same cryptocurrency, otherwise they can't trade with each other. Each node has a rule that it will adopt the cryptocurrency that is used by more than a certain percent (let's say 50%) of its connected nodes. You can see how if the majority of the nodes use bitcoin, the phenomenon will spread and almost everybody will use it. In order to change that and have everybody use, say Litecoin, you need to have enough people adopt Litecoin such that the majority of every node's neighboring nodes adopted litecoin. It is difficult to explain this without drawing it, but hopefully you get my main point: inertia is powerful, and bitcoin still has a TON of it.

Kevin is totally right, let me put it in another way.
Not everyone is a nerd here, we have to keep things simple for the majority to understand it.
With technology, it is not always the best systems that survives.
Look at
VHS (worst video system of all 3)
Betamax (second best video system)
Video2000 (best videosystem)
and who survived, its all about adoption.
At the end VHS survive, the best system dropped out before the other systems.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001
Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World
April 05, 2014, 02:14:30 AM
Your correlation has nothing to do with bitcoin value.
Comparing a traditional fiat to another is not the same as bitcoin to a fiat.
Furthermore, many have argued how weak the usd was during the initial adoption of the euro (these days I don't pay attention or give a shit), so even if your correlation was legitimate it would show that bitcoin value is looking grim.

Just waiting for this magical april 16th to come, since it is apparently one of those days...

U think i will be in April, i think more in June, summer n vacation time, then it will be price change.
Activity: 700
April 04, 2014, 07:59:32 PM
That's like saying the value of the US dollar is finished now because the EUR/USD has risen from 1.0 to 1.37 over the last two decades.

Your correlation has nothing to do with bitcoin value. 
Comparing a traditional fiat to another is not the same as bitcoin to a fiat. 
Furthermore, many have argued how weak the usd was during the initial adoption of the euro (these days I don't pay attention or give a shit), so even if your correlation was legitimate it would show that bitcoin value is looking grim.

Just waiting for this magical april 16th to come, since it is apparently one of those days...
Activity: 574
Richard Coleman - Chief Executive @ CloudThink.IO
April 04, 2014, 05:42:51 PM
Nobody can predict when or so.... WIth some patience it will go up again;
Activity: 560
Merit: 102
April 04, 2014, 05:39:18 PM
That's like saying the value of the US dollar is finished now because the EUR/USD has risen from 1.0 to 1.37 over the last two decades.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040
A Great Time to Start Something!
April 04, 2014, 02:17:32 PM
The sheer amount of institutional capital flowing from US market entities into the protocol platform/services start-up ecosystem is ensuring that the protocol technology will be integrated into the market sooner or later.  This implies that there will be a 'critical mass' period at some point in the near future.

China exiting means those bastards can't siphon off the capital being put forth in the USA and other places to actually grow the technology.

Better days are coming soon enough.
How soon?
Why does this take so long?   Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 854
Merit: 1000
April 04, 2014, 01:01:21 PM
The sheer amount of institutional capital flowing from US market entities into the protocol platform/services start-up ecosystem is ensuring that the protocol technology will be integrated into the market sooner or later.  This implies that there will be a 'critical mass' period at some point in the near future.

Activity: 70
April 04, 2014, 12:52:09 PM
I am not loosing my hope. Btc price will soon recover. With in 3-4 month it will reach around $1000 again.
Pages:
Jump to: