Pages:
Author

Topic: So.. Chase shutdown my College Checking account - page 4. (Read 6944 times)

Activity: 991
Merit: 500
Are you using Coinbase too much to buy Bitcoin or is this something entirely different? I'm not really getting a feel for why they perked their eyes up as much.

I do a bit of coinbase, quickpay.

They also closed my Uncle's account last year. He's in the oil industry.

legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001
Are you using Coinbase too much to buy Bitcoin or is this something entirely different? I'm not really getting a feel for why they perked their eyes up as much.
Activity: 991
Merit: 500
I'm 22 and I do local BTC transactions on the side.

**AUDIO**

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0u4rwNFT0A4

At the beginning of the Audio, I asked for my ID back. She was holding it behind the glass and would not give it back after I asked repeatedly before the audio.

"I hate to say this, but it's best that you cooperate"

"Times have changed, to be honest with you, after 9/11 you have to disclose everything" (not in the audio, if someone really doesn't trust me on this part, I will upload it but it is hard to hear)

-Chase Manager

I was trying to do a withdraw at Chase, the teller called the manager over and she started taking a while. I asked if there was a problem, she wouldn't answer. I felt like I was being treated like a criminal.

The manager started asking me what I was going to do with my money, I politely told her that I value my privacy and would like to keep it to myself.

She told me that I am moving too much money for a college account and that college students usually do small transactions like food or books. She then brought up 9/11 and terrorism saying that they have to keep track of who has what money.

I have most of it recorded, but we are living in a total nanny state, it is disgusting.

In the end, she told me that they closed my account and that I would get a check in the mail with all of my money.

From now on, I am going to live on Cash and Bitcoin. I don't think I will be opening a banking account for a while. I know that might sound crazy, but I can manage.

Long live Bitcoin

ETA: I hope this is the right section
Pages:
Jump to: