Pages:
Author

Topic: So I was checking my referral logs ... - page 2. (Read 4566 times)

Activity: 367
Merit: 250
Speaking of evangelism, has anyone gathered a collection of tips on how it should and shouldn't be done? That might be very useful. I did a quick search, but I couldn't find much more than "tell them how awesome it is and include a link to weusecoins".
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1093
Core Armory Developer

Maybe, maybe not. Did you read those threads? At best, it was gross misrepresentation ("no fees at all", etc), and in the end the guy got banned after causing pages and pages of badmouthing due to his horrible PR efforts.

Like I said - abide by other forums' rules!

I think the best thing to do is to spend a little bit of time on the forums and find out who the respected posters are.  Especially in the case of a girls-only posting site.  Most often, those highly-respected posters will respond positively to rational and non-spammy inquiries, and they would probably be willing to look into it themselves and then promote it themselves. 

You don't always win, since you can't always convince these strangers that what you're proposing is legitimate.  But in this case just piquing their interest might be enough:  a direct person-to-person, semi-anonymous payment system makes sense for girls with webcams.  If it's a good match, at least one of the people you contact will look into it and decide to become the proponent for it.

It's a billion times better if a respected member of the community posts about it instead of a new member with one post.  I'd almost rather that Bitcoin not get mentioned at all than see it cast into such a poor light by trolling evangelists. 

Just make yourself available to those members to help them understand it and make sure they're saying things that are factual and correct, and use references instead of just telling them.  In particular, I would reference the Reuter's Article and the WeUseCoins websites, mainly because Reuters is respected and shows that this is a real, respectable phenomenon, and not [necessarily] a scam.  Weusecoins, probably gives a more-concise introduction to what it's about.  Both are much better voices to promote its legitimacy than some shady dude with 1 post on a girl's only forum...

rjk
Activity: 448
1ngldh
I think that all publicity/evangelising is good. The smart ones will always figure it out and start to use it.

You see, there is a clear market there. All bitcoin nerds are guys. They have the money, and they need something to fap to. Bitcoin removes the middleman here, these girls can just start hosting webcam shows anywhere and ask for tips for bitcoins.
Maybe, maybe not. Did you read those threads? At best, it was gross misrepresentation ("no fees at all", etc), and in the end the guy got banned after causing pages and pages of badmouthing due to his horrible PR efforts.

Like I said - abide by other forums' rules!
Activity: 812
Merit: 1006
I think that all publicity/evangelising is good. The smart ones will always figure it out and start to use it.

You see, there is a clear market there. All bitcoin nerds are guys. They have the money, and they need something to fap to. Bitcoin removes the middleman here, these girls can just start hosting webcam shows anywhere and ask for tips for bitcoins.
N12
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1010
Couldn’t agree more, rjk.

How about you people STFU besides telling friends/relatives who trust you the story and let Bitcoin either survive or die on its own merits and incentives? No need to push shit.
rjk
Activity: 448
1ngldh
Fucking evangelists, that can't properly approach skeptics and noobs. Just STOP and let someone else that knows what they are doing do the dirty work. Those threads started by people with an agenda cause more people to spread bad things against bitcoin, and less to actually research any major amount and get converted and useful.

You have now successfully turned whole forums against bitcoin, for your failure to properly discuss bitcoin. Proper discussion includes but is not limited to abiding by the rules of the forums in which you are posting, such as that you must be a female in order to post, no spam or ads, or whatever.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008
If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat
I noticed the word "trust" being mentioned a lot in all bank advertisements. Too bad i prefer the "trust no one" philosophy

Bitcoin has been around for a while now and apparently they're also adult friendly
"they are adult friendly"  Cheesy Implying bitcoin is alive and managed by someone

Anyway, interesting links
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
it's scary how often they mention the word 'trust' while at the same time advocating the use of paypal.
donator
Activity: 980
Merit: 1000
Worth a read IMO  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1102
Merit: 1014
and found this thread where someone was introducing BTC to camgirls.

http://www.ambercutie.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=7955

It went well for a while...which then led to this more epic thread where things didn't go quite as well...

http://www.stripperweb.com/forum/showthread.php?173251-Have-you-heard-of-this-new-currency-and-way-of-getting-paid-called-Bitcoins

Didn't have time to read it all but wanted to post it here since it may help people either a) chill on the evangelizing or b) to do it with a bit more tact.

I'm not affiliated with any of the posters in either thread.
Pages:
Jump to: