Pages:
Author

Topic: So... is there any country left without a real estate bubble? - page 3. (Read 4644 times)

Activity: 166
Merit: 100
I suppose you need a country where a bubble has recently burts. Check out Spain.

Are you sure the bubble in Spain has already burst? If so, why are the insolvent banks still there?
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
damn it, the first rule of pink boars is that you don't talk about them. thanks for ruining it for the rest of us...
Activity: 826
Merit: 501
in defi we trust
There is some nice waterfront places going for cheap at fukushima.

And for a countryside residence with magical pink wild boars and three legged rabbits I suggest Chernobyl.
Activity: 280
I suppose you need a country where a bubble has recently burts. Check out Spain.
Activity: 412
There is some nice waterfront places going for cheap at fukushima.
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1047
Your country may be your worst enemy
When you say real estate is cheap do you measure that against 2008 bubble or against historical prices? Real estate is very expensive compared to historical prices (measured in average income) all around the world. Blame fiat currency!

Blame the fact that world population is increasing, and world land size is not.

You should move to Russia, its population is decreasing.
Activity: 476
When you say real estate is cheap do you measure that against 2008 bubble or against historical prices? Real estate is very expensive compared to historical prices (measured in average income) all around the world. Blame fiat currency!

Blame the fact that world population is increasing, and world land size is not.
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
Small Red and Bad
The autor said he's from Germany so if you consider their prices eastern Europe can be called cheap. As for me, I tend to compare prices to the average salary. If you can buy a piece of land for the price of a decent PC or a 2 months salary it's dirt cheap  Wink
Activity: 151
Merit: 100
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1005
Romania is a good bet too.
Not really, we had ours in 2008, better luck in 50 years!
Activity: 826
Merit: 501
in defi we trust
Check out Hungary too. Dirt cheap properties country wide. The capital has the most to offer for investors but you can always find some gems especially on the west side of the country.

Are you joking ?
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1016
Land and properties are dirt cheap in Chernobyl.
Activity: 886
Merit: 1013
Check out Hungary too. Dirt cheap properties country wide. The capital has the most to offer for investors but you can always find some gems especially on the west side of the country.

Activity: 658
Merit: 500
Small Red and Bad
In Poland land is dirt cheap because of the large emigration and unemployment. I heard a lot of germans buy properties here, especially on the coast, to use as summer residences.
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1047
Your country may be your worst enemy
There are plenty of them! It's actually part of my job to pinpoint them. But you have to consider what you want to do with your money. Do you just want to buy a nice place to live, or do you want to make an investment with the reasonable expectation that you will make a profit when you will want to sell?

There's not much of real estate a bubble in Germany. Save for Munich and Frankfurt, I regard most of that country as affordable and steady, in complete opposition to wild places like London or Monaco. Romania is even steadier, many cheap houses in the countryside, but would you like it?
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1007
So... is there any country left without a real estate bubble?

Planning to buy some property to live on but I'm not sure if I should do this in my own country (Germany).
Pages:
Jump to: