Pages:
Author

Topic: So Richard Heart is a Bitcoin ponzi scammer too? - page 2. (Read 1153 times)

legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008
Welt Am Draht
I used to have a LOT of respect for the guy he did help a lot of people understand bitcoin and blockchain shame he's fallen down this route.

That was probably the plan all along. I'll bet he's kicking himself for not going full penis in 2017. Maybe that's why he started crying when the market took a monster shit. He could've made billions rather than a few mil.
Activity: 2128
Merit: 524
I remember him saying that he spent untold thousands of dollars on Tony Robbins courses for him and his family and then decided to use that knowledge to heal the world. His early vids were him in a top hat telling you to be nice and stuff.

I guess the mask slipped or no one gave a shit.

I saw his debate with Tone Vays and as much as I don't agree with Tone's predictions I don't get why people thought he lost the debate. Cointelegraph called it a debate of a maximalist vs realist which is already damning because realists are considered smart and open for discussion. The name suggests there's going to be a stubborn guy who's there to do his thing and not listen to any arguments.

Heart's points weren't realism. He focused on hos Bitcoin is bad for the environment and that Bitcoin's 2 critical bugs were much worse than ETH rollback. If that was realism I'm out.

Also Richard says Hex isn't a scam because he's not asking for money. If you buy it you buy it even if you're buying his bag of Hex worth 0.0001 USD each.  Cheesy
legendary
Welt Am Draht
Let's sum this up. Some guy changes his name and starts posing on the Internet as a rich successful investor who wants to give advice to you for free. This always leads to some kind of a scam or advertising project. Just wait until he starts selling shirts and mugs with his face on it.

I remember him saying that he spent untold thousands of dollars on Tony Robbins courses for him and his family and then decided to use that knowledge to heal the world. His early vids were him in a top hat telling you to be nice and stuff.

I guess the mask slipped or no one gave a shit.
Activity: 2128
Merit: 524
I don't like Heart. There's something off about this guy.

Let's sum this up. Some guy changes his name and starts posing on the Internet as a rich successful investor who wants to give advice to you for free. This always leads to some kind of a scam or advertising project. Just wait until he starts selling shirts and mugs with his face on it.
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1335
Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com
It's another bitconnect.
https://steemit.com/cryptocurrency/@isacoin/the-truth-about-richard-heart-aka-richard-j-schueler

Here you can see that when some guy asked for his real name he said that he won't give it away, but he's not asking anyone for money so he doesn't have to. When he decides to ask for money he'll be doing it with his real name.

Now some time later he's really asking for money because this is what all this crypto tweeting comes down to and he's not doing it with his real name: Richard J Schueler
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1196
STOP SNITCHIN'
Bitcoin.com's exchange has listed Hex

If I were Mr. Ver that's something I would have just a few wee doubts about but perhaps he's decided to go for broke and go full shit. Bitconnect and Onecoin up for a comeback next I guess.
Interesting part is that just before the listing, Richard in one of his streams said that the biggest HEX claim comes from a Bitcoin address that had nearly 2000BTC in it, then suddenly Roger Ver announces the listing on his shitcoin dot com exchange. Coincidence?  Roll Eyes

That might explain part of the motive, but I'll bet that Richard Heart paid a listing fee far above and beyond industry standards, and probably made Roger a huge HEX shareholder on top of it. Heart badly needs a noteworthy exchange to list HEX.

The two are looking quite chummy on this live stream they broadcast together yesterday.
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427
Bitcoin.com's exchange has listed Hex

If I were Mr. Ver that's something I would have just a few wee doubts about but perhaps he's decided to go for broke and go full shit. Bitconnect and Onecoin up for a comeback next I guess.

I like that move because it makes Roger look bad within his own community. It made me kind of have some respect for the BCH community as they are against Roger shilling this flat out scam. It means that they are more than just ass lickers following their master. The main ABC dev is publicly speaking out against it, which is hilarious, mainly so with how he is partly paid by Roger.

Interesting part is that just before the listing, Richard in one of his streams said that the biggest HEX claim comes from a Bitcoin address that had nearly 2000BTC in it, then suddenly Roger Ver announces the listing on his shitcoin dot com exchange. Coincidence?  Roll Eyes
Activity: 1330
Merit: 569
Numerous respected cryptocurrency analysts are taking issue with a Bitcoin-linked investment scheme known as HEX. It claims to be the world’s first high-interest blockchain certificate of deposit and makes spectacular ROI promises, particularly for those getting in at the earliest.

Behind the idea is Richard Heart, a serial entrepreneur, marketing expert, and cryptocurrency proponent. Heart has spent much of the last year promoting HEX, which was originally known as Bitcoin HEX.

Read more here

Last time, I made a video about the confrontation between Craig "Faketoshi" Wright and Richard Heart at Malta AI and blockchain summit last month.

Now, it seems that I could finally call them both scammers.

You know why? Richard Heart himself was now being labeled as a potential scammer for running a Bitcoin ponzi scheme known as HEX.

I just don't know guys, but it looks like I'm not going to side either of these scammers now. But what do you think about this one guys?

Which one are you siding on? Or no one? Just let everybody know here about your reaction or opinion. Cheers and have a happy weekend!

One of the problem we will continue to have in crypto is the greediness of people that have infested the crypto space and its so discouraging to have to deal with news such as this. Many people wants to invest and reap 50 folds within a short period of time. I don't know which kind of investment model that has ever worked in real life and the entrepreneurs who understands that level of greediness would continue to take advantage of it. Its disheartening but I don't see the end to that anytime soon.
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1737
"Common rogue from Russia with a bare ass."
Bitcoin.com's exchange has listed Hex - https://news.bitcoin.com/bitcoin-com-exchange-lists-more-tokens-for-trading/

Yeah, and a Clubcoin IEO no doubt.

Hex?
Just another example of crypto eating itself (and its credibility).
Heart's angle has something of Mavrodi about it.

I think this comment on the Steemit article summed things up pretty much

thanks for the links but doubt anyone on steem would care, scammers take millions here and so long as crumbs fall down none cares who's being robbed

legendary
Welt Am Draht
Bitcoin.com's exchange has listed Hex - https://news.bitcoin.com/bitcoin-com-exchange-lists-more-tokens-for-trading/

legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 2313
It's interesting that the Hex project compares Hex to a Certificate of Deposit.  When you deposit money into a CD that capital is lent to another party who uses it for whatever and pays you interest for the privilege.  That is what gives your capital some sort of value.  With Hex staking the Hex just sits there and some code in a contract pays out "interest".  I just don't see how that defines any sort of value for your Hex?

It is a ponzi scheme.

They want to artificially replicate bitcoin's deflationary nature.

Bitcoin has been going up even though some of its investors cashed out big amounts from time to time.
Bitcoin is that strong.

Hex is trying to close the cash out gate to increase the price artificially. Sooner or later people will want to get out and it will crash.

Don't touch this.
Activity: 150
Merit: 100
It's interesting that the Hex project compares Hex to a Certificate of Deposit.  When you deposit money into a CD that capital is lent to another party who uses it for whatever and pays you interest for the privilege.  That is what gives your capital some sort of value.  With Hex staking the Hex just sits there and some code in a contract pays out "interest".  I just don't see how that defines any sort of value for your Hex?
legendary
STOP SNITCHIN'
I have zero idea of the ins and outs of how it works and I've no idea how many people bought it rather than claimed it or whatever but this person is reporting a 99.93% loss in three days if you'd actually bought Hex - https://twitter.com/inversebrah/status/1205881578338930688

Not bad. I think it can do better yet.

Don't worry. This is actually a good thing, according to Richard Heart:

There is no liquidity, either. It has a 24-hour volume of ~26 ETH on Bidesk, which doesn't seem to have a CMC listing. And less than 1 ETH volume on ForkDelta.

This looks really brutal for anyone who bought through the HEX system. How much has he raised so far? I keep seeing articles that say he's raised millions but I can't find the address.
legendary
Welt Am Draht
I have zero idea of the ins and outs of how it works and I've no idea how many people bought it rather than claimed it or whatever but this person is reporting a 99.93% loss in three days if you'd actually bought Hex - https://twitter.com/inversebrah/status/1205881578338930688

Not bad. I think it can do better yet.
legendary
Welt Am Draht
I wonder if Heart is attracting attention from the SEC. I don't see any restrictions on investment from US persons. Despite this humorous disclaimer --

I follow a couple of crypto-aware lawyers on Twitter. I think it's safe to say they're rather less confident than he is in the future success of his wonderful project - https://twitter.com/jchervinsky/status/1204628002979667969

Then again he strikes me as a right slippery git so may know something we don't.
legendary
STOP SNITCHIN'
I wonder if Heart is attracting attention from the SEC. I don't see any restrictions on investment from US persons. Despite this humorous disclaimer --

-- it definitely reads like a common enterprise with an expectation of profits from third party efforts. Why are people buying HEX from him, if they didn't believe his promises about the returns? He's even suggesting predictable returns by presenting HEX as a "certificate of deposit." This is how most people view CDs:

CDs are similar to savings accounts in that they are insured "money in the bank" and thus virtually risk free.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1483
I am now starting to believe that the cryptocurrency industry is now being trampled by many scam artists out to get as much money as they can from innocent people.

You've only just started thinking that way? I admire your stoicism.

It has and probably always will be a paradise for the immoral and predatory.

the greed i've seen in the crypto markets......it's unparalleled. every newcomer i've ever seen is trying get rich quick, putting their money into riskier and riskier investments. cloud mining, shitcoins, ICOs, HYIP, whatever. there is a never ending stream of fish for the taking. that attracts a certain element, to be sure.

not to mention that irreversible and pseudonymous payments = a dream come true for internet scammers. they can find victims across the globe and once the money is in their hands, it's not tied to their identity and it's easy to liquidate.
legendary
Welt Am Draht
I am now starting to believe that the cryptocurrency industry is now being trampled by many scam artists out to get as much money as they can from innocent people.

You've only just started thinking that way? I admire your stoicism.

It has and probably always will be a paradise for the immoral and predatory. Perhaps when it becomes boring that'll lessen but there will always, always be the 'next Bitcoin'. The idea is just too simple and too compelling.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 355

You know why? Richard Heart himself was now being labeled as a potential scammer for running a Bitcoin ponzi scheme known as HEX. I just don't know guys, but it looks like I'm not going to side either of these scammers now. But what do you think about this one guys? Which one are you siding on? Or no one? Just let everybody know here about your reaction or opinion. Cheers and have a happy weekend!

I always remember the adage that when something is too good to be true then in most probability it is not. When a program or project is appealing to our innate sense of greed, the most likely scenario is that it will really end up bad. This happened with many similar programs promising great returns of investment (ROI) as the most effective way to lure in investors or token buyers. Who would not want the highest profits, anyway? I am not really familiar with this man named Richard Heart but judging on what I am reading right now, he seems to possess no "heart" for the many possible victims of his own scheme. I am now starting to believe that the cryptocurrency industry is now being trampled by many scam artists out to get as much money as they can from innocent people.
legendary
Activity: 3094
Merit: 1127
I 101% agree on this tweet. lol

Its only purpose is to hopefully go up in value by attracting new suckers.

Its obvious to be a ponzi scheme but people who are aware of would tend to blindfold themselves and invest no matter what. I wont be surprised
if they would cry later on if this thing would collapse.

a lot of the early investors know it's a scam. they don't care, either because they're taking no risk (they are claiming based on BTC holdings), or because they know the cycle will play out just like bitconnect and other ponzi-like schemes.

the early money knows the risk is low because the crypto market is gullible, greedy, and swimming with disposable capital. they'll cause the initial explosion in price, which will in turn cause the dumb money to flood in. and that will build up the house of cards.

it's sad watching this stuff play out in real time. Undecided
Well you got it right even on todays doublers there were still people who do jumped in and trying to get the fastest profits as they can before the site closes.They do initially payouts on round 1 or 2 then ran away
and as said they do know the risk but they do think off way more heavier on making money to those opportunities.Same goes to this scenario and i cant really forget on what happened to that Bitconnect, lots of people telling that its a ponzi  but big money still flows into it. People never ever learn no matter how you do tell them.
Pages:
Jump to: