Pages:
Author

Topic: So you think you're going to start a Bitcoin business, right? - page 2. (Read 71656 times)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250
Can I ask what is your opinion on Vircurex? Tongue (+explained from your point of view)
http://trilema.com/2013/why-you-cant-invest-with-cryptostocks/

Exactly what I want to see. Thx.

Withdrawing my play money(very small amounts) from that "service".

To address the earlier point about who demolished GLBSE: MPEx had higher volume than GLBSE every month since about June or July, every week since June or July and pretty much every single day since August. Related to this, GLBSE volume was dropping every month, almost every week and most days. The event of Nefario running away from it is an event, but the process of MPEx owning GLBSE was not something Nefario or anyone else of their people could have either prevented or even slowed down. So, if Nefario wasn't Nefario you'd still look at a GLBSE default just like if Trendon Shavers wasn't Pirate you'd still look at a BTCST default. The timing might have varied. The net result was pretty much set in stone due to reasons far outside of the reach of either. I wonder, however, why do you feel so strongly on this matter? Do you think yourself an expert on the topic? Are you just threatened by the apparent need to learn something quite to the degree of frothing around the mouth?

Can I ask what is your opinion on Vircurex? Tongue (+explained from your point of view)
Now this member is ban from this forum just because of this cannot reply your any question

And why he got ban? =-O Cheesy someone didn't bear his 'offensive explaining' or what?
Activity: 420
★☆★777Coin★☆★

To address the earlier point about who demolished GLBSE: MPEx had higher volume than GLBSE every month since about June or July, every week since June or July and pretty much every single day since August. Related to this, GLBSE volume was dropping every month, almost every week and most days. The event of Nefario running away from it is an event, but the process of MPEx owning GLBSE was not something Nefario or anyone else of their people could have either prevented or even slowed down. So, if Nefario wasn't Nefario you'd still look at a GLBSE default just like if Trendon Shavers wasn't Pirate you'd still look at a BTCST default. The timing might have varied. The net result was pretty much set in stone due to reasons far outside of the reach of either. I wonder, however, why do you feel so strongly on this matter? Do you think yourself an expert on the topic? Are you just threatened by the apparent need to learn something quite to the degree of frothing around the mouth?

Now this member is ban from this forum just because of this cannot reply your any question

legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1035
I would happily argue about a couple of points, but AFAIK I won't get any answer from OP who got "fired" from the forum, right?

PS: sorry for those who wanted it necro but OP isn't entirely uninteresting IMHO, although full of the usual certainties typical from MP Wink
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1053
Please do not PM me loan requests!
This is going to save a lot of people, very nice article Wink
Activity: 560
"Trading Platform of The Future!"
You come off like a dick. Wink  Good, we need more of them.
Actually, the VG industry is full of assholes, and we definitely need to take them down.
Think about Zynga, King, EA, just to name the most prominent examples...

I agree with the sentiment, but this guy is slightly different: Zynga, King, EA...are not always the nicest in that they take advantage, whereas this poster is telling people about how you do/don't approach a Bitcoin business, gain trust, get to know people right, and do some minimal due diligence: it's not a totally actionable plan for any possible scenario, but it's more than many probably take into consideration. It's a kick-you-in-the-pants approach which isn't all nice, but then I've had bosses far worse who are like that, intentionally, for the good of those around them.

Regards!
Then you charge a 1 BTC fee for people to do business with you and don't change it when it is worth $1 million  Wink
Activity: 26
Merit: 0
Actually, the VG industry is full of assholes, and we definitely need to take them down.

I agree with the sentiment, but this guy is slightly different: Zynga, King, EA...are not always the nicest in that they take advantage, whereas this poster is telling people about how you do/don't approach a Bitcoin business, gain trust, get to know people right, and do some minimal due diligence: it's not a totally actionable plan for any possible scenario, but it's more than many probably take into consideration. It's a kick-you-in-the-pants approach which isn't all nice, but then I've had bosses far worse who are like that, intentionally, for the good of those around them.

Regards!
Activity: 5
Activity: 630
Merit: 500
Bitgoblin
Activity: 26
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1120

MPOE-PR, why that profile picture ?
I saw a post where you said you were a girl, so I guess that's a picture of you.
Is showing your face somehow related to the rule number one : identify yourself to the community ?
Then, why choosing to show a part of your breast ? Is it related to the rule number one too ?
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035
BFL, arguably the largest Bitcoin business in existence, does not use WOT.
How did that turn out?

From what I've been told, 50,000+ units shipped, and more orders coming in every day, so I guess they did OK.
Activity: 686
Merit: 251
I'm investigating Crypto Projects
I'm brand new so bare with me when you say WOT I googled it and came up with http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratings.php is that it and if yes the purpose of that is so you can rate my business ?

The purpose is rating you as a trustable person or not.
People rate you when you buy/sell goods.

Ok, thanks for the reply I guess I'll start an account then get it going.
legendary
Activity: 1240
Merit: 1001
Thank God I'm an atheist
I'm brand new so bare with me when you say WOT I googled it and came up with http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratings.php is that it and if yes the purpose of that is so you can rate my business ?

The purpose is rating you as a trustable person or not.
People rate you when you buy/sell goods.
Activity: 5
  It's really nice to have people sharing information.   We are working on most of what was written by the op and then some.   The BTC Business world is mostly a empty slate that is being forged right now.  Transparency needs to be the key.  Backroom deals won't help grow the BTC world.

Thank you!

Activity: 686
Merit: 251
I'm investigating Crypto Projects
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
nahtnam.com

All I need is an irc account? I already have one so I think I have that covered.
legendary
Activity: 1240
Merit: 1001
Thank God I'm an atheist
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
nahtnam.com
What is a WOT account?
Pages:
Jump to: