Pages:
Author

Topic: So...bitcoin is now a national currency ("nation" of 4 people) - page 2. (Read 7052 times)

legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000
Blocklancer - Freelance on the Blockchain
I can see that the bitcoin is spreading and to me it wont come as a surprise to see that the bitcoin is being used all over as an official currency. It is the dream I have always had and am so hoping that it will come to pass soon than later.
Yes probably if no country is willing to make bitcoin as a currency of the country that may occur.
But must be made in the currency bitcoin to meet the requirement that a currency must have the form as a medium of exchange
Bitcoin can be a national currency for countries that are about to be bankrupted and their national currency having downfall.

Not need to be case but one off possible scenarios and might happend to any country
Activity: 826
The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange
I can see that the bitcoin is spreading and to me it wont come as a surprise to see that the bitcoin is being used all over as an official currency. It is the dream I have always had and am so hoping that it will come to pass soon than later.
Yes probably if no country is willing to make bitcoin as a currency of the country that may occur.
But must be made in the currency bitcoin to meet the requirement that a currency must have the form as a medium of exchange
Bitcoin can be a national currency for countries that are about to be bankrupted and their national currency having downfall.
Activity: 714
Merit: 250
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001
All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.
Century of Enslavement: The History of The Federal Reserve --> https://www.corbettreport.com/federalreserve/

The similarities between this and today's cryptoFIAT movement are disturbing.
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
Soo the new owner of those island will rule and accept bitcoin and declare it a currency,when will we see what will happen ,but there is something to spend some comerce or just one house to holidays?
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054
So this small island off of Portugal, Principality of the Pontinha, has been a sovereign nation by royal decree since the 1400s. It has been handed down and changed hands a few times. The current leader has decreed that bitcoin is the nation's official currency.

This could literally kick off a lot of things. Bitcoin would officially become a foreign currency for all nations.

Equador, which is the only country to actually pass a law banning Bitcoin (which the law only banned Bitcoin from running on its banking network) had a stipulation that it would be recognized if it became a national currency. So by passing such a law...they may have potentially forced themselves to recognize bitcoin as an official currency.

I wonder how US will deal with considering Bitcoin a commodity when it is officially a foreign currency as well.

http://www.newsbtc.com/2015/12/13/bitcoin-atlantis-currency/
yes i also think that this is really good news,bitcoin start it expansion,start accepted on whole some countries,and now become national currency,i dont fully trust this,because i think this article not give enough proof,but anyway i hope bitcoin more greater this year.

Yes, even though OP does not provide any proof, I'm also so excited on hearing such a news. Bitcoin price is now a days staying stable as other currency, so I think it'll be a foreighn currency like USD/EURO.
Its a electronic currency and so we can expect more adaptability and big advantageous for purchase or use as currency.
Activity: 504
So this small island off of Portugal, Principality of the Pontinha, has been a sovereign nation by royal decree since the 1400s. It has been handed down and changed hands a few times. The current leader has decreed that bitcoin is the nation's official currency.

This could literally kick off a lot of things. Bitcoin would officially become a foreign currency for all nations.

Equador, which is the only country to actually pass a law banning Bitcoin (which the law only banned Bitcoin from running on its banking network) had a stipulation that it would be recognized if it became a national currency. So by passing such a law...they may have potentially forced themselves to recognize bitcoin as an official currency.

I wonder how US will deal with considering Bitcoin a commodity when it is officially a foreign currency as well.

It actualy not a national currency since Portugal didn't reconized the site as a independent island. And to tell you the truth, Portugal will never grant independence to the island.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
it is good to hear that someone of thousands has started accepting btc is national official currency..
weather it is fake news or real..
now i hope more country will start accepting btc as official currency..
and i don't think so that it is a big problem of dealing with anyone,
Activity: 462
It is very important. With the current drops (while the btc price remained the same), it will be hard to get roi before the halving. Even worse after the halving you will certainly get it back.
Which makes me worried.
legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031
That's very interesting and good to hear.
What I am wondering is why no large news sites wrote about this. It is clear to me the media are against bitcoin.

No one wrote about it because it's bullshit!

Just read from the second page...
Activity: 462
That's very interesting and good to hear.
What I am wondering is why no large news sites wrote about this. It is clear to me the media are against bitcoin.
Activity: 493
Live by your own rules

yes i also think that this is really good news,bitcoin start it expansion,start accepted on whole some countries,and now become national currency,i dont fully trust this,because i think this article not give enough proof,but anyway i hope bitcoin more greater this year.
Activity: 546
This is extraordinarily good news. With this bitcoin will be more popular, and more and more people are joining
Activity: 532
I think it is impossible, unless there is a new country that doesnt have a currency, perhaps they will use bitcoin or a country that has a currency, but the currency was not have value against other currencies
Activity: 658
I think it will not, many countries will not replace their currency, the government will not do that,
but maybe bitcoin will be legal currency in many countries, but not into the currency of a country
Activity: 64
Merit: 10
i don't think that bitcoin to be a national currency
because
The legal status of bitcoin varies substantially from
country to country and is still undefined or changing in
many of them. While some countries have explicitly
allowed its use and trade, others have banned or
restricted it. Likewise, various government agencies,
departments, and courts have classified bitcoins
differently. While this article provides the legal status
of bitcoin, regulations and bans that apply to this
cryptocurrency likely extend to similar systems as well.
Activity: 336
Still not in my country . My countrymens dont even know about this and i think they dont deserve to use this wounderful currency but i know some peoples are still there who can yse it well. i am from india and i know in my country internet is nothing more than a chatting stuff. They dont even know anythung about internet properly mabe about 30% of people know about real internet surfing
Activity: 826
The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange
I want to ask if the bitcoin currency used what it looks like? Because in general should have a form of currency, if it does not have it can not be called a form of currency.
Is it already proven their news?
In my opinion bitcoin is similar to something like gold rather than a currency although it has a complicated mechanism but it is not a currency since no government support it.
Yes in addition to becoming the currency should have a form while bitcoin has no form.
Bitcoin only crypto although almost as much as money as buying and selling
Yes, it can only be used for the trade but currency needs much more features that bitcoin does not have them.
Activity: 714
I want to ask if the bitcoin currency used what it looks like? Because in general should have a form of currency, if it does not have it can not be called a form of currency.
Is it already proven their news?
In my opinion bitcoin is similar to something like gold rather than a currency although it has a complicated mechanism but it is not a currency since no government support it.
Yes in addition to becoming the currency should have a form while bitcoin has no form.
Bitcoin only crypto although almost as much as money as buying and selling
Pages:
Jump to: