Pages:
Author

Topic: Society's misguided fear of hydrogen; a result of oil corporation? - page 5. (Read 19524 times)

copper member
Activity: 224
Merit: 14
Isn't the fear of hydrogen that it has no added odorant, so people are in fear that when you have a hydrogen leak you can't detect it and it blows up?

Id rather have hydrogen than butane fuelled engines which are poplar here.. I think we are safer at storing these types of gases these days, how many hand lighters you had blow up in your pocket? petrol tanks are thin 2mm plastic tanks, whist hydrogen and butane gas tanks in cars.. are thick steel drums which are deemed safe.. some car manufactures in Europe fit LPG tanks to cars (not retrofitted) so they must be thinking its not that unsafe.. any combustable fuel is risky..

Let me ask this then of the nay sayers.. would you feel safer with LPG tank or a Hydrogen tank fitted in a car.. if you had no other choice?
Activity: 574
Merit: 152
Trolling statment

Why do you and your butt-buddy Spendulus go suck each other cock's? Or is that just your alt?

Fictitious statement
It's absolutely amazing that you survived 3 minutes of life considering how dumb you seem to be.

No, seriously, you throw out random shit like no other. It's kinda crazy how a retard like you can survive.

If it were an HONEST debate, you wouldn't have a leg to stand on considering the amount of misinformation and disinformation that comes out of your account.

Fucking jesus christ, you literally DENY man-made climate change. The fact that scientific consensus is overwhelming in support of climate change and the fact you seem to claim this is a massive conspiracy is something only a retard anti-science would push to keep the masses uneducated.

In reality, your rhetoric won't work because science is universally observable. You may convince a few morons to rally behind you. However, even with your tard-crew standing firm behind you, people who accept science will win.
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1386
Moar oil shilling...

Oil shills really dig their feet in deep when they're called out Smiley

Why do you start a discussion if you don't want to discuss anything? It's all about you presenting your point and throwing invectives.
Maybe one day when we deplete our oil supply we'll start thinking about hydrogen, but since there are other alternatives (LPG, biodiesel, electric) I don't see why anyone would choose H2.

The discussion was to reduce the propagation of the myth of hydrogen being more dangerous than petro.

Also, once you add in the total cost of the damages of climate change, you quickly see oil is not the cheaper option.

Neither of these assertions will survive three minutes in honest debate.
legendary
Activity: 3318
Merit: 2008
First Exclusion Ever
Moar oil shilling...

Why do you start a discussion if you don't want to discuss anything? It's all about you presenting your point and throwing invectives.
Maybe one day when we deplete our oil supply we'll start thinking about hydrogen, but since there are other alternatives (LPG, biodiesel, electric) I don't see why anyone would choose H2.

The discussion was to reduce the propagation of the myth of hydrogen being more dangerous than petro.

Also, once you add in the total cost of the damages of climate change, you quickly see oil is not the cheaper option.

Wow, all those facts... zero rhetoric. Clearly based on your confidence alone we must trust, even though you present zero facts you must know all the right answers.
Moar oil shilling...

legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1335
Don't let others control your BTC -> self custody
Moar oil shilling...

Moar oil shilling...

legendary
Activity: 3318
Merit: 2008
First Exclusion Ever
Why do people fear hydrogen so much? It's literally safer than gasoline....

No...obviously you've never used hydrogen. Do some welding with it and come back and please let us know...

Obviously you were born without a brain, come back when you get one.

pressurized flammable gasses > liquid flammable gases at atmospheric pressure

The fear is legitimate and science based. There are significant fire risks with Tesla's battery banks as well. You claim to be scientific, but any time anyone presents conflicting opinions or evidence to you, your reaction is to attack and insult. Looks to me like you don't know how to science.

Oil shilling

go away oil shill Wink

Your bait and switch claims won't work here.

When does my check come?

I see, we all must be paid actors, shills for big oil. However if anyone claims George Soros is doing the same thing, well, that is just a lunatic conspiracy theory!
legendary
Oil shilling

go away oil shill Wink

No shilling. It's 100% proveable, that gasoline is smarter/better/cheaper than hydrogen.

Or electric.
Oil shilling

go away oil shill Wink

legendary
xxx.

Rofl, your ignorance is astounding. Wink

Go away oil shill Wink

Yes, oil is nice. IIRC it has the highest number of hydrogens in a very dense form. I guess only people that know fracking would understand things like that. It's also very safe, due to it's liquid nature and relatively low vapor pressure.

So yes, gasoline in particular is a really optimal fuel. It's particularly useful in .... gasoline engines ....

Who would have thunk? People that REALLY appreciate hydrogen get it from gasoline. Because the energy is in those hydrogen atoms flying off the molecule they are bonded to.
xxx.

Rofl, your ignorance is astounding. Wink

Go away oil shill Wink
legendary

No...obviously you've never used hydrogen. Do some welding with it and come back and please let us know...

Suit yourself, let me know how your experiment with an 8000 psi pressure bottle goes.

Also hydrogen embrittlement.

But do tell how 4 lb/cubic foot for a fuel is exciting.

Isn't it produced from natural gas? I would DEFINITELY not want to just burn natural gas. No WAY!

legendary

legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145
It cost more energy to produce hydrogen then we get by burning it.

Its about efficiency not safety.
Why do people fear hydrogen so much? It's literally safer than gasoline. It may seem that several myths were spread throughout the public (probably by big-oil).

https://www.computerworld.com/article/2852323/heres-why-hydrogen-fueled-cars-arent-little-hindenburgs.html

https://blog.ballard.com/hydrogen-safety-myths
Pages:
Jump to: