Pages:
Author

Topic: Solutions for the spam problem? - page 5. (Read 1774 times)

legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
January 24, 2018, 01:06:40 PM
New negative trust color:
Red color :  Scammers
Yellow color : Spammers
That seems like a rather *simple* change, that might just be effective enough. I'd be interested in hearing what others think about it.

Although that yellow is hard on the eyes. Maybe orange? Spammers
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1288
January 24, 2018, 01:01:52 PM
New negative trust color:
Red color :  Scammers
Yellow color : Spammers
Activity: 80
Merit: 1
January 24, 2018, 12:55:17 PM
Let me add my opinion if possible.

I don't have a problem with the tagging at all. My concern is the way it is being delivered. The delivery is as if arrogantly given without even investigating furthermore(correct me if I am wrong). Although some have already been proven, the credibility score of the tagging is not 100% accurate which I don't totally agree. Which makes not tagging the worst of the worst.

*This should not be an issue of where the users came from, tagging should be in a proper manner and in a way the user would understand why he/she had been tagged.

I think having a global standard for tagging might be a good idea and not just using their own standards whos to tag or not removing the thoughts of being "Biased" to his/her decision.
Activity: 182
Merit: 1
January 24, 2018, 12:27:43 PM
As for newbies I like to suggest to give them a little bit freedom, like it's okay if they reply on threads with just a short message, or they posted similar but not exactly the same topic,.. Some
Let them learn and explore.

But when they reach and started Jr. Member rank, and they still doing the same, atleast send a PM to inform them about their wrong doing or their repeated mistakes, the next if they does do it again then give them a red mark or the negative trust with the Right and PROPER comment,
Lastly is the warning message let's take 3 warning letter with response letter like apology letter, explanation letter, 4th warning comes with a one month account band, 5th time is 2-3 months band with a fee, then lastly permanent band,.

It's only a suggestion on my part, but I am so happy if some of them Can be carried out Bearcats don't like my account just to be band with out any warning or explanation....
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119
January 24, 2018, 11:41:55 AM
My goal when adding people to the Default Trust network was to help clean up the garbage posting on this forum. I understand people are all worked up over sea of red that ensued after my adding The Pharmacist and actmyname to DT2. I would love to hear some suggestions on how to make this fair for everyone. The useless posting makes this place pretty much useless for most people and it needs to get fixed. Most of the red users I have seen are guilty of shit posting for pay. I have also seen some suggestions that sounded good like drop a red for a week and if they clean it up remove the red and leave a neutral. I think everyone should be able to join a campaign and earn some coins, but the spam is out of control and no one can seem to fix it so far...

Maybe I was wrong to add people to fight spam? So far I see no reason that negative trust can not be used to stop these spammers. If I leave a neutral then they are free to continue spamming etc... I look forward to some ideas on what to do here.
Pages:
Jump to: