Pages:
Author

Topic: some questions about bitcoin address and private key and wallets - page 2. (Read 262 times)

Activity: 12
Merit: 2
hi, Smiley

i am new to bitcoin, but i have some understanding about computers and programming...
for now i have an account on coinbase exchange to buy bitcoins
and i have a bitcoin address + privatekey generated on bitaddress.org

since january 2020 i have bought small amounts of bitcoins and transfered a little on my bitcoin address.

and nothing has been stolen so far, good Grin

no i realize that the bitcoins on the coinbase exchange account are not really mine, in the sense that i don't own the private key for this address.

so my idea was to transfer most of the bitcoins on my own address (generated on bitaddress) (i store the address + privatekey offline)

however, if i do that, then how will i be able to then send bitcoins to others addresses ?

from what i understand :
i could use an hardware wallet, but if it breaks, or if i lose the device, then i lose the bitcoins ?
or
i could use a wallet app (on a smartphone), but if the app bugs or if i lose the smartphone, then i lose the bitcoins ?
or
i could use a wallet software (on a laptop), but if the app bugs or if i lose the laptop, then i lose the bitcoins ?^

hence why i have chosen to simply use a paper wallet (or rather just keep the address number and privatekey number, offline)

but then, how can i send some bitcoins to others addresses ? without having my privatekey stolen ? i don't understand that...

what i am interested in is how to securely store bitcoins, offline, but also be able to send some of these bitcoins, when needed...

(please don't warn me about the necessity to generate a bitcoin address / privatekey offline on a newly installed os, i already understand the issue)

thanks for the advices / tips
Pages:
Jump to: