Pages:
Author

Topic: Some say myetherwallet hacked to day. Be carefull. - page 3. (Read 387 times)

legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1003
MYETHERWALLET is now facing a DNS problem.
Activity: 652
Merit: 250
Make winning bets on sports with Sportsbet.io!
Yeah ! I heard about it too . I think that any type of website can come under the radar of phising attacks .
All the non -aware users must go through the warning that is shown by myetherwallet instead of skipping and ignoring it . It clearly tells about the risk of being attached by some phishing websites . You  can also use meta mask as an extension to prevent yourself from the attack . The safest way of recognizing the original site is by looking at the https of the site .
Activity: 756
Merit: 100
wow, thanks for the information, I did not expect very dangerous if using google DNS like that, I actually used to use DNS google server 8.8.8.8 because of the problem of connection on my internet, it is very useful than regret later thank you
Activity: 2282
Merit: 668
Community management 24/7 for hire
Hacker have startet to send the ETH arround
https://etherscan.io/address/0x1d50588c0aa11959a5c28831ce3dc5f1d3120d29
Some wild accounts he have  Angry
Activity: 448
Merit: 110
It is a good thing that you shared this, gonna share this to my friends.

I think that he was compromised somewhere and get hacked the url is so exact the only thing is it isn't secured so one thing is for sure it is really a hack. So guys lets be vigilant and avoid any phishing sites and emails.
Activity: 602
SO the problem are public dns 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4  ? If I don't use them I can use MEW or better wait? I have to do some transactions tomorrow...
Activity: 224
Merit: 6
base on what i read in reddit make sure that you do not use public DNS 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4 at this moment. it seems that this DNS has a problem to the server that can steel your private key. my advice right now use a metamask and google authenticator  so that it will verify first in every transaction you made. and if you dont have any transactions right now to your wallet its better not open at this time.  
Activity: 294
Merit: 14
Thanks for the caution but can they really steal my tokens even if I just checked the balance? An ethereum address is enough already to check the balance of the wallet. I think they can only hack when an individual enters their private key. Eth address would be an exception if that is the case. My friend just recently opened his MEW account and so far, nothing happened, maybe because he did not enter his private key.
Activity: 347
Merit: 111
I'm glad to see the green agriculture project. Hope to make outstanding contribution to modern agriculture!
Activity: 479
MEW is not as safe as we think. can be hacked easily. like etherdelta. the same way hackers. Be careful with our coins. It is best to store the coins in the nano ledger nano
Activity: 532
Merit: 253
Thanks for the information, I think this is phishing and how it is be avoided? i'm afraid that it will happen to me also, I want to have counter measure for it.
drm
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005
Damn a few hundred ethereum in about an hour, I guess crime does pay huh.
Activity: 182
Merit: 0
Someone lost 85 ETH apparently, damn. This is bigger than I thought but really shows the importance of a hardware wallet.
Activity: 336
Merit: 102
Thanks.   This happened to my work website once.  I would have expected MEW to be more secure from hackers spoofing it though. 
Activity: 73
Merit: 1
Guys, share this among friends and known groups. Let everybody know. Need to be careful till this is sorted.
Activity: 616
Merit: 11
Decentralized Ascending Auctions on Blockchain
Thanks for the news information warning, hopefully all people will be more careful on accessing myetherwallet, and this is the first time I heard myetherwallet being hacked, maybe some hackers now are entering on the line of myetherwallet. So let's us wait guys if there are some another complained about myetherwallets being hacked.
Activity: 280
Merit: 11
thank u for early warnings it is better to careful than regret
Pages:
Jump to: