Pages:
Author

Topic: Someone sent me 12.941 BTC rather than 1.2941 by mistake out of escrow! - page 2. (Read 2440 times)

legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000
Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin
I sent the difference back as soon as confirmed, just wandering what is the most anyone here has received by mistake? Stories please  Grin

Funny but i don't remember receiving any btc by mistake, but there were many cases of deals that went wrong, or were canceled for whatever reason, where
i refunded the other party. The amount in question was mostly upto 2 btc.
Any chance we can get the tx of the transaction in question, and the name of the escrow used ? It's a pretty large mistake..

cheers
legendary
Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094
I received $10 extra from a member last week via PayPal and I refunded him the payment. Lost 50 cents due to the fee of PayPal but I dint want to keep any extra money with me. I don't like when members send extra as they aren't even ready to bear the fee for their mistake. It's better they check before they send.
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
Move On !!!!!!
I have never ever received something like this by mistake. It's good that I haven't though, it would just be some extra work for me in order to return them to the real owner.
Activity: 148
Merit: 100
In my local trading platform (Surbitcoin) someone sold about 0.40 BTC for like 9$ by mistake.

Did you send the difference back though?
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427
Some one owed me nearly 0.18BTC back in 2014, but he sent the funds to a very old address that I didn't know I still had access to, the nice dude sent me another 0.18BTC. Once I found a backup of the old wallet I sent him back his 0.18BTC.
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
Wish i receive something by mistake lol Tongue

It means that you would have scammed the poor guy?

personally i never recieved one but i know thta one guy received a wrong transaction of 50 btc from cryptsy, he returned those coins back, it was a bug or something
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
Exchange Your BTC to PM Instantly :)
Wish i receive something by mistake lol Tongue
Activity: 446
Merit: 251
In my local trading platform (Surbitcoin) someone sold about 0.40 BTC for like 9$ by mistake.
Activity: 148
Merit: 100
I sent the difference back as soon as confirmed, just wandering what is the most anyone here has received by mistake? Stories please  Grin
Pages:
Jump to: