Pages:
Author

Topic: Something better than Operation Fabulous? - page 2. (Read 10265 times)

legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1014
September 26, 2012, 05:34:20 PM
http://www.diigo.com/item/image/36ppp/73xq

Here is what Operation Fabulous looks like now. Most of my time is not spent on adding twitter bootstrap, but rather writing out the sorry echos that are everywhere.
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
www.bitcointrading.com
September 26, 2012, 03:23:09 PM
Ok. I am officially horrified. The home page is managed by a php file that echo everything. This should just be HTML proper or be done entirely in haml.
I know, everything is ass-backwards.  Basically, make it 2012-worthy.  Smiley
legendary
September 26, 2012, 03:03:01 PM
Ok. I am officially horrified. The home page is managed by a php file that echo everything. This should just be HTML proper or be done entirely in haml.
legendary
www.bitcointrading.com
September 26, 2012, 02:18:27 PM
The slowness problem is also going to be healed very soon.  We have a much faster server which is set up and will hopefully be live shortly.  This week, hopefully?

Always underpromise, and over-deliver my friend.

Okay, it will be up ASAP, I can't say how soon, but the server is running, it has all the packages required to run the code, the files are on there, basically I need to import the database and switch the DNS and it will be live.  It has been a process to get this far.  The server is ridiculously fast compared to the existing one.  Faster than ridiculous.  Faster than ludacris speed, we are going to go PLAID!

(but please don't make the layout plaid kiba)
legendary
September 26, 2012, 01:24:39 PM
The slowness problem is also going to be healed very soon.  We have a much faster server which is set up and will hopefully be live shortly.  This week, hopefully?

Always underpromise, and over-deliver my friend.
legendary
www.bitcointrading.com
September 26, 2012, 01:17:42 PM
I noticed heavy ad blocking, too. To be honest I have ABP installed myself Smiley

Also OF was very slow lately. It should be possible to put the banner loading code at the end of the page so it does not delay the display of the rest of the page for 20secs.

Activity: 742
Merit: 500
September 26, 2012, 10:56:10 AM
Also, your code as it exists gets nailed by adblock for Chrome.

Ain't a bug to me.

Fair enough, but Bitcoiners are a pretty technically adept crowd, so nearly half of my hits see no ads. Great for them if they don't want ads, terrible for your publishers' CPM stats

So...  People use adblock extensively?  Is that something we can even avoid?  I never used the extension before, but I just installed it and it looks like it does a good job at blocking ads.  If it's blocking Google ads, chances are it's blocking OpFab. 

The site is going to undergo an overhaul.  Stay tuned.

It doesn't block the WP125 ads of my direct sponsors - it did by default but it blocks those ads and yours based on the CSS class names of the divs, which I can change regularly in my WP125 ads but can't change in OF's ads because for some reason it breaks your JavaScript Tongue
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1020
September 26, 2012, 06:49:58 AM
I noticed heavy ad blocking, too. To be honest I have ABP installed myself Smiley

Also OF was very slow lately. It should be possible to put the banner loading code at the end of the page so it does not delay the display of the rest of the page for 20secs.
legendary
www.bitcointrading.com
September 26, 2012, 03:35:45 AM

Ain't a bug to me.

Fair enough, but Bitcoiners are a pretty technically adept crowd, so nearly half of my hits see no ads. Great for them if they don't want ads, terrible for your publishers' CPM stats

So...  People use adblock extensively?  Is that something we can even avoid?  I never used the extension before, but I just installed it and it looks like it does a good job at blocking ads.  If it's blocking Google ads, chances are it's blocking OpFab. 

The site is going to undergo an overhaul.  Stay tuned.
September 26, 2012, 02:10:48 AM

Ain't a bug to me.

legendary
September 26, 2012, 01:37:10 AM

Ain't a bug to me.
legendary
September 26, 2012, 01:35:02 AM
I received a folder and the bootstrapped project. I have no access to the server and even no database!

Tomorrow, I'll see the handy work of biomike. I suspected I will be more horrified than happy. PHP have a really bad reputation as a web language and community.
September 26, 2012, 12:46:07 AM
Would also be easier to get bids if I had accurate stats:

While the overall shape of this curve does match my actual stats, I know for a fact I didn't have 0 page views on 9/22  Grin

Other than that I am at least getting some bids now that one of my ad slots is listed in the new layout (albeit sans screenshot) so I can't complain too much, though it is a pretty sad CPM so far. I do recognize that OF is basically Project Wonderful in slow motion as far as that's concerned though, so I'll bide my time and wait for more bidders.
legendary
www.bitcointrading.com
September 25, 2012, 11:47:02 PM
do you happen to know what is necessary for a site showing up on the new bidding pages? mine just won't.

btw: tried a couple of other advertising systems, they were no better.

You may not have been approved. PM mc_lovin.

In anycase, I am seeing that he's working on improving the site look, but it will be a while until I get handed the source code of the site. Then, I can start making modification to the site in all...sort of ways.

Man, I'm just blown away at how many new publishers we are getting.  Is that like 20 this week?

BitcoinX is showing up on the 'old style' list, so that is working perfectly:

However, I don't think it's showing up on the 'new style' list.  That's a paddlin'.  Needs fixage!  Kiba!!  Fix itttt!  Smiley

OpFab is going to be awesome soon.  Soon can't come soon enough.
legendary
September 25, 2012, 05:37:52 PM
do you happen to know what is necessary for a site showing up on the new bidding pages? mine just won't.

You may not have been approved. PM mc_lovin.

In anycase, I am seeing that he's working on improving the site look, but it will be a while until I get handed the source code of the site. Then, I can start making modification to the site in all...sort of ways.
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1020
September 25, 2012, 04:17:41 AM
If you can't afford the money for development, which sounds like what you're trying to get out of fundraising, then you can hire me on the cheap to improve things around here, however small that may be.

Be aware that I can find far better value for my labor on the market, but I am willing to help you guys for token wage at first, until you got more customer and can afford to pay closer to market value.

I want operation fabulous to succeed too. So it'll make me money in term of additional publishers in the ecosystem.

September 19, 2012, 02:15:50 AM
If you can't afford the money for development, which sounds like what you're trying to get out of fundraising, then you can hire me on the cheap to improve things around here, however small that may be.

Be aware that I can find far better value for my labor on the market, but I am willing to help you guys for token wage at first, until you got more customer and can afford to pay closer to market value.

I want operation fabulous to succeed too. So it'll make me money in term of additional publishers in the ecosystem.
PM'd! Cheesy

This makes me pretty damn happy  Cheesy
legendary
www.bitcointrading.com
September 18, 2012, 01:53:50 PM

PM'd! Cheesy
legendary
September 18, 2012, 01:03:17 PM

legendary
September 18, 2012, 12:54:27 PM

Is a GLBSE one not legally enforceable?

No, I don't think so.
Pages:
Jump to: