Pages:
Author

Topic: Something better than Operation Fabulous? - page 4. (Read 10265 times)

legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

Is this announced anywhere?

No. BioMike told me when I was asking for more work.
rjk
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
1ngldh
They prevent me from even considering your platform as a way to promote anything.

Well since you realize that advertising services have to take strong measures to protect advertisers deposits from being wasted, maybe you can make a recommendation as to what I should do to sites that generate extremely high CTR on multiple banners spread through their website and have telltale signs of click fraud (and lets say there is other telltale signs such as a log with iPad clicks every 20 minutes with a matching browser version over a 48 hour period)?
I wasn't referring to any specific anti-fraud measures at all, but to the CS perspective of how they may be handled.

But nevermind. I don't need to worry about your service and I'll keep quiet.
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1014
For the record I am one of the people whom (since last September if I recall) have been trying to buy OpFab.  

Since that was not going to happen back then or more recently, I started my own service which now has 87 publishers displaying ads greater then 200k times a day and 45 ads.  I have made periodic inquiries to the OpFab owner to see about purchasing the site or domain and all those offers have been rejected.  I would like to see the idea of OpFab become successful since I fell in love with it in 2011 but I see no indication that BiokMike is going to let go of this service in its present form and is wasting everybody's time.  The last blog update showed that BioMike reduced the publisher payout to .50btc which means nobody was getting prior to then and .50 is likely preventing all but the click fraudsters getting pay outs.

FYI, Operation Fabulous is already brought by someone else. Whether or not they will begin the effort of revamping the site is anybody's guess.
Activity: 396
Send correspondance to GPG key A372E7C6
It concerns your whole business, or soon-to-be-lack thereof, because of an impending scammer investigation.

You didn't answer my question, how or why do allegations about me concern you personally?
They prevent me from even considering your platform as a way to promote anything.

Well since you realize that advertising services have to take strong measures to protect advertisers deposits from being wasted, maybe you can make a recommendation as to what I should do to sites that generate extremely high CTR on multiple banners spread through their website and have telltale signs of click fraud (and lets say there is other telltale signs such as a log with iPad clicks every 20 minutes with a matching browser version over a 48 hour period)?
rjk
1ngldh
It concerns your whole business, or soon-to-be-lack thereof, because of an impending scammer investigation.

You didn't answer my question, how or why do allegations about me concern you personally?

rjk
1ngldh
For anyone taking Andrew Bitcoiner's rant seriously, you should take a look at this thread first before drawing your conclusions.  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=83328.0

Yes they should since that thread shows that there is nothing but serious FUD in that thread.  Why don't you pick on someone else?

As I mentioned elsewhere, I want to make sure publishers get the best partnering experience possible.  Also with regard to your comment on click fraud, I believe you are unfortunately formed that opinion by the trolls on the thread, there is no easy way to click fraud my service, we have various measure including limiting IP clicks and anti-proxy measures in place.  There is a lot of FUD and angst in this forum so read everyone's comments critically.

If you want to get rid of the trolls and FUD, you would actually start by addressing all points raised and not selectively ignoring the ones that don't suit your whims. Just because "that's the way google does it" doesn't mean fuck all for your tiny hole-in-the-wall business(es).

How does that concern you?
For anyone taking Andrew Bitcoiner's rant seriously, you should take a look at this thread first before drawing your conclusions.  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=83328.0

Yes they should since that thread shows that there is nothing but serious FUD in that thread.  Why don't you pick on someone else?

As I mentioned elsewhere, I want to make sure publishers get the best partnering experience possible.  Also with regard to your comment on click fraud, I believe you are unfortunately formed that opinion by the trolls on the thread, there is no easy way to click fraud my service, we have various measure including limiting IP clicks and anti-proxy measures in place.  There is a lot of FUD and angst in this forum so read everyone's comments critically.

If you want to get rid of the trolls and FUD, you would actually start by addressing all points raised and not selectively ignoring the ones that don't suit your whims. Just because "that's the way google does it" doesn't mean fuck all for your tiny hole-in-the-wall business(es).

Thanks for your opinion but I am wondering why does this concern you?
rjk
1ngldh

As I mentioned elsewhere, I want to make sure publishers get the best partnering experience possible.  Also with regard to your comment on click fraud, I believe you are unfortunately formed that opinion by the trolls on the thread, there is no easy way to click fraud my service, we have various measure including limiting IP clicks and anti-proxy measures in place.  There is a lot of FUD and angst in this forum so read everyone's comments critically.

legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1128
For anyone taking Andrew Bitcoiner's rant seriously, you should take a look at this thread first before drawing your conclusions.  https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/--83328
Bro
Activity: 218
Merit: 100
I have tested anonymousads and bitcoinadvertisers so far and anonymousads pays better for me, also bitcoinadvertisers is really easy to fraud with fake clicks as far as I understand how this works

I tested a bit longuer and the revenue I get is about the same for the two websites, more or less 20%, I'd say, although I I havent reached 0.1btc on bitcoinadvertisers yet

About the fake clicks, I was referring to the PPC model in general, not to bitcoinadvertisers in particular
Bro
Activity: 218
Merit: 100
I have tested anonymousads and bitcoinadvertisers so far and anonymousads pays better for me, also bitcoinadvertisers is really easy to fraud with fake clicks as far as I understand how this works
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1020
[evil rant]

the more advertising systems the better but what are the problems with of again? it works fine for me.

donator
Activity: 640
Merit: 500
For people in this thread, I would like to say that I made ThroughAds for anyone wishing to advertise with images. With Andrew Bitcoiner words, I am making a big shi* on the pot...
Activity: 602
Merit: 502
i was looking for something else other than opfab, thanks for this new service
rjk
1ngldh
Activity: 614
Merit: 500
Can't wait for the images to go up!

Even if OpFab goes the way of the dodo, BioMike has helped spearhead something that is desperately needed in the Bitcoin community. Competition is a good thing and bitcoinadvertisers looks like it's ready to take the lead. I'm happy with that as a publisher who feels his banners are being underutilized. Also, the name bitcoinadvertisers is likely to get a much better pagerank than Operation Fabulous, which doesn't have any logical connection to bitcoin advertising, and is also plagued with much higher pageranks to the television show, or whatever it is, Operation Fabulous.

legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1020
I have since rebranded my site as http://bitcoinadvertisers.com/
did google complain or did you just have second thoughts?
I have since rebranded my site as http://bitcoinadvertisers.com/
You have many adf.ly links in your sign.
Are you able to make an adf.ly clone but with Bitcoin?

Sounds like a neat idea but I can't at this time.

Will it support images?

No text only at this time.

Pages:
Jump to: