Pages:
Author

Topic: Spammathon: Brought to you by Candystripes - page 4. (Read 5322 times)

Activity: 90
Merit: 10
October 28, 2014, 04:29:47 AM
It got sorted so conveniently just after I made the thread Smiley

In the interest of completeness, I should mention that I received a message from nor9865 that the account has been bought.

If you see spam, just use the Report button below the post on the right end. The successful percentage changes which will indicate to you whether it has been successful or not.

I reported, and it says 100% success. The account is still active I am not sure what happened.
Activity: 593
Merit: 500
1NoBanksLuJPXf8Sc831fPqjrRpkQPKkEA
October 27, 2014, 02:33:00 AM
If you see spam, just use the Report button below the post on the right end. The successful percentage changes which will indicate to you whether it has been successful or not.
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
October 26, 2014, 02:43:44 PM
I have asked Candystripes to delete all the spam, 70 posts he says he did, so i have the account like before.. i will return my loan when he does this..
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
October 26, 2014, 07:51:14 AM
Post this in the 'Scam Accusation' section. It's pretty obvious this problem would arise via account -/+ loan ordeals. Wasn't online at the time.

This has to be the worst possible way to account farm.
October 26, 2014, 06:23:53 AM
Candy, through nor9865, has been posting once every two weeks. I bet the potential activity is still short of that a Sr. Member's one. The account is now being used to collect potential activity points, and when it passes 240, we will see another spammathon! There may have been more in the past, or indeed more waiting to happen through accounts we aren't aware of.

This is a very interesting event happening here, and its due to an unique combination of how activity works, accounts being traded, and different account levels getting different signature and consequently earning privileges. Add trust to the mix and it becomes a complicated mess with various posters finding many ways to game it.
October 26, 2014, 06:17:16 AM
October 26, 2014, 06:10:46 AM
Users of this forum who have been active yesterday evening may have seen a name pop up as the last poster in many threads and boards - Pierre11 https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/pierre11-177007

I found it when it had made 29 posts in less than an hour, mostly junk as expected. As I watched it unfold the incredible run ended at 64 posts in a little over 3 hours. Why did Pierre11 suddenly get the post bug?

Turns out Pierre11 was kept as collateral with Candystripes (https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/req-0055-btc-loan-for-4-days-return-007-btc-828280) 3 days past default he decided to act and went ahead to boost the activity past Sr. member. His calculation seems to have been wrong as it 'only' went to 238, so he stopped posting at 242. Poor Candystripes now have to wait for the next activity upgrade to sell a Sr. Member account.
Pages:
Jump to: